Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    New Member 14 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Miami, FL
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What other car would you get than the ST?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Let's suppose your car gets totalled, or whatever.
    Ford no longer makes or sells any passenger cars, so the Fiesta ST and Focus RS are goners (so is the Taurus btw); and ST's are a rarety on second hand sites (say not worth the price/wait)...
    You want something like the Fiesta, and you'd want it today. Preferably a new, or near new car!
    Affordable, fun, whatever it is you liked about the FiST, you will get a loan to get that car today!

I can name a few examples, like:
    - Honda Civic
    - Hyundai Veloster
    - Ford Mustang Ecoboost
    - Chevy Camaro Ecoboost
    - Chevy Cruze / Cruze Diesel
    - Fiat Spider 124
    - Mazda MX5
    - Mazda 3
    - VW Golf GTI

And many more brands made excellent cars, each one of them having their own traits...

Which one would you get (doesn't have to be on the list), and why?

Just no F150, lol. Something that reminds you of a Fiesta ST!
    Last edited by ProDigit; 05-04-2018 at 06:10 AM.

Member 74 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Fontana
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Nothing. Sadly. That is why I now drive a Ford

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Dublin
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Likes

None of the above. I'd buy a low mileage used FiST. I really like this car.
    2017 Orange Spice FiST
    Toyota 4Runner (dd and winter)
    Harley Davidson Road King (very built)
    Ducati Multistrada
    Vespa gts250

Member 48 Rep Points speed_easy's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Detroit
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 Likes

I would get a base fiesta and put in taller gearing <end snarky comment>

Member 31 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    Gatineau
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

If there are no FiST at all, I would take a good look at the Veloster N probably. It might be the best to replace the FiST, but would need to see and try it first.

Otherwise when I shopped my FiST, it was a toss up between the WRX and the GTI. Versatility and power of the WRX vs the refinement and comfort of the GTI basically. Mustang and Camaro are not nimble enough, I don't want a 1/4 mile machine, I want a track one.

If I have more money to drop on a car, I might go for their big brother (Golf R, STI, type R could be interesting) or maybe I could go a few years back and look at an Evo. If I want to please my younger self, but hate my current self at the same time, I'll go for a BMW M series. I really loved their look when I was younger, but I know they suck to maintain now.

It feels though that no matter what, I would settle if I don't get another FiST. Every time I drove a GTI or WRX or Civic SI or whatever else, I was always "the FiST is doing that or this better". The FiST feels SOO much faster than it is, that the FoST felt boring except when flooring it (which is not necessary in the FiST), the GTI was dull but comfortable, the SI is better not to talk about it, the WRX was fine, but felt too soft, not as fun.

There's a god damn good reason why this car was alongside cars that are 3-4 times and more its price when it came out in the Top Gear car the year list.
    2014 Tuxedo Black
    Power
    Cobb Stage 2 | K&N drop-in filter | Mishimoto J-line intercooler | Velossa Big Mouth
    Handling
    AWR 88a RMM | TB Performance stage 3
    Style
    LED fog lights | LED inside lights | Shorty antenna | Red plastidip: Cup spoiler Bottom rear diffuser Mirror caps | Black plastidip : Stock wheels

New Member 12 Rep Points Fast Eddie's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Milwaukee
    State
    WI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before I bought my ST. I test drove a 2017 Toyota 86 But my teenage kids wanted to kill me. After making them sit in the back seat. Also looked at a 2017 Camaro 1LE V6 with the performance package. But same issue w/back seat. And a Challenger Scat Pack but more money then I care to spend. The new Mustang I want is 50 grand ouch! Nothing has better bang for your buck than ST.

Member 570 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Grand Haven
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

I had always thought I would get a Focus RS next, but chances are that when I am ready for my next car, finding a gently used, low mileage, uncrashed RS is going to be next to impossible. I would want a 2017 since I don't care for the 2018 colors. Buying a used RS that is only 2 model years newer than my ST is also kind of silly, so RS is probably off the table now. Plus, I try to avoid buying used cars for a daily driver. I have only bought one in the last 18 years and it was basically a brand new SVT Focus that my dad kept in storage.

So, what could I do in the future?
    VW Golf R or GTi? Probably not as I hate VW's
    Toyota Corolla Hatchback? Possibly, but I don't like Toyota, except trying to find a hatch in a manual isn't easy
    Mazda3? Good possibility, but the car feels horribly cheap or at least the ones I have been in
    WRX? Not unless they make a hatchback version. A sedan doesn't align with any of my hobbies, such as flying RC planes
    Stelvio? Well, if I have to drive a crossover, this one is probably one of the best. Sadly, my budget doesn't allow for the 4-leaf kind
    Macan? Another suitable crossover, but budget doesn't allow for the one I would like to own
    Mini Cooper S? Gets me back into a small hatchback, but not sure about how reliable they are for daily use
    Ranger Raptor? Actually, if this was an option in the US, I may really consider it. I hate trucks, but the idea of a small Raptor is kind of bad ass

No matter what the future holds for me, it won't be nearly as much fun, as enjoyable, as convenient, or as affordable as the Fiesta ST.
    2015 Performance Blue Fiesta ST
    1984 Performance White Mustang

@BRGT350 Instagram, Twitter, YouTube

Member 114 Rep Points Zormecteon's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Kelso
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Already have the MX5, but a FiST replacement? There's just nothing out there that has it's attributes. A VW GTI comes the closest, but it's foreign. The Civic ST doesn't have the hauling space. A BRZ, again no space. ... Since Ford WILL be making something on the FOCUS platform, maybe they'll do something we like with that. .. Nothing from GM or Fiat/Chrysler does anything for me except a Vette, and price IS a consideration, and again, no space.

Guess I'll just have to keep up the maintenance and keep the FiST on the road till I can't drive anymore. .. .. . OH, a MINI .. what about a MINI? .. .. Yeah, that would work. Still foreign tho.
    mountune mods;... Mp215, High Flow Induction Hose,Complete Intercooler Upgrade,Silicone Coolant Hoses, Quick Shift Kit, Spring Set, Rear Motor Mount, Front Shock Tower Brace and a Mishimoto Trunk Brace.

Member 48 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    Front Royal
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I had a 2012 regal gs with a manual transmission that I really liked, wouldn't mind owning another one at some point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17904346_1163799793748775_3730508048621831044_n.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	17600  

2017 Fiesta ST
    White platinum, black wheels

Mods: 20% tint, Cobb AP with Cobb stage 1 tune, Itg intake, Thermal R&D catback, DV+, AVR 70a RMM

In boxes to be installed: Whoosh FMIC, Whoosh 3" catless downpipe, 3" adaptor for exhaust, Induction hose

Member 570 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Grand Haven
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormecteon View Post
    Already have the MX5, but a FiST replacement? There's just nothing out there that has it's attributes. A VW GTI comes the closest, but it's foreign. The Civic ST doesn't have the hauling space. A BRZ, again no space. ... Since Ford WILL be making something on the FOCUS platform, maybe they'll do something we like with that. .. Nothing from GM or Fiat/Chrysler does anything for me except a Vette, and price IS a consideration, and again, no space.

Guess I'll just have to keep up the maintenance and keep the FiST on the road till I can't drive anymore. .. .. . OH, a MINI .. what about a MINI? .. .. Yeah, that would work. Still foreign tho.
    the new Focus would be a clear possibility if it wasn't for the fact that we are only getting the SUV/crossover version with an automatic. Not even a regular Focus is coming across the Pacific, just the crossover one. So if you want a slightly lower and smaller Escape that isn't an EcoSport, then you get the Focus Active. A Focus ST, or even the ST-line would be a no-brainer for me. The Focus Active? No, not interested. If I have to drive something that is lifted up and full of cheap body cladding, then it best say Raptor on the side.
    2015 Performance Blue Fiesta ST
    1984 Performance White Mustang

@BRGT350 Instagram, Twitter, YouTube

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast