Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stupid cup holder trim chrome flaking off, any replacement trim that isn't $50???

Jonny360

The chrome paint on my cup holder trim ring is flaking off. I tried to remove the trim with the idea I'd scrape it all off and repaint it, and in the process broke the trim. I shoulda gotten a screwdriver instead of using my fingers... anyways. Trying to look up the trim ring and I see one on ebay for $50 which is a discount on the list price of $80.... seriously. Its 10c worth of plastic. Is a $50 trim ring the only replacement option?

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Same thing happened to me.Used a black piece of air line from a robot at work.Glued it in place and it looked like it came that way.

Yup that cup holder chrome trim is weaksauce. Mines flaking off. You basically cant have anything lean and rub against the trim. Might end up painting it gloss black with something more durable.
Anyone know any good durable paint for plastic?

xxiaze

Sand it, plastic prime it, paint it, clear coat it.

be very cautious while removing it. 6 plastic pull up tabs.... work around with a small screw driver, take your time. Easy! IF IT DOES BREAK epoxy it back together then sand out the glue. Then follow through with painting process.

6073D7C9-A382-46B3-A106-999985E6602F.jpeg