Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Found this cool $50 short shift kit - guy makes them himself - Mojo Mfg.

borborpa

Premium Account
Installed the short shift adapter today. It's not fun for a guy with big hands!! But I was able to get it with a little blood, sweat, and curse words. Feels great and makes the shifting much better! This the the throw it should be from the factory!!

cxwrench

This looks pretty cool. If you pull the battery is there anything you have to do when you hook it back up? Does it put everything back to default settings?

Business6

This looks pretty cool. If you pull the battery is there anything you have to do when you hook it back up? Does it put everything back to default settings?
I had to get in that area a couple weeks ago and pulled the battery but nothing reset other than the 1 touch window down. I'd absolutely expect it to reset things, though.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
May need to get on of these... my VUDU shift plate won’t fit together over the shifter arm.
LOL! I LITERALLY just found your other post about that! Yes, this is a great simple option, I'm VERY happy I did this... Now I never could figure out the "swing it over the arm with one bolt on", I just sandwiched it in 2 pieces and bolted in..

redmoe

Did you guys pull the battery box forward? I found it pretty easy/helpful to leave the bolt it as a pivot on the single bolt side. You do need to engage very few threads to leave enough height to clear the arm.

The VUDU does not have the notch cut out like the mojo so you need to get the top half over the stock ball mount.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #56
Did you guys pull the battery box forward? I found it pretty easy/helpful to leave the bolt it as a pivot on the single bolt side. You do need to engage very few threads to leave enough height to clear the arm.

The VUDU does not have the notch cut out like the mojo so you need to get the top half over the stock ball mount.
Yeah, I followed the Mojo video directions, I pulled it forward but it was more difficult on my '17 with looks like stiffer cables and stuff involved... But ya, I'm just not a good mechanic I guess, I struggled with even just a few threads on that single bolt side, I found it far easier to just sandwich it in in 2 pieces, no reason not to just do it that way if one finds it easier...

I installed mine last night. Great product and the improvement in shifting is awesome. I didn’t have to remove my battery tray I just used a long 5mm ball end allen on a swivel and had no issues. Took 10 minutes tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I can't believe I'm just now seeing this. hopefully he makes more shift extensions. I'm keen to try one of those out. Might be a perfect complement to a short shift kit and weighted knob.