Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Age Demographics

Fiesta ST Age Demographics

• 16-24 years

Votes: 267 17.1%
  • 25-34 years

Votes: 632 40.4%
  • 35-44 years

Votes: 357 22.8%
  • 45-54 years

Votes: 163 10.4%
  • 55-64 years

Votes: 112 7.2%
  • 65 years and over

Votes: 34 2.2%

• Total voters

dmb

at work i drive a freightliner with oversize loads 89 foot long 12 feet wide 110,000 pounds. but on my way home i feel alot younger than my 65 yrs smoking the tires all the way up the onramp.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
My first car was a three on the tree also, but you will never have heard of it. It was a 1959 Ford Consul. I paid £50 for it. It had a high tech safety feature to stop you driving fast in the rain whereby the vacuum wipers stopped if you accelerated too fast.
HAVE TOO heard of it before this!
As well as the Anglia, Zephyr, Zodiac, Squire, and the Cortina of course (especially the Lotus TC versions! [driving]), and the latter day Granada which was a totally different MERCURY sedan here in the states.

As a kid, I once rode in an early '50s Caddy which also had those janky vacuum operated wipers. LOL
Well, now I'm feeling like a regular youngster, having learned to drive on a '77 Civic CVCC four-speed, all 60 hp of it.
One thing I noticed watching the television shows that follow police around with cameras... EVERY time there was a police "chase" involving a car like mine, it was stolen LoL. Little did the car thief know that their "police chase", would be a "police follow". [hihi]

A thief went through the trouble to break into a neighbor's Civic. He left the car. He took the battery.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
I agree completely! 2015 Fist, 55 and former Road Test Editor for Motor Trend Magazine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Same age group as you guys. Same reasons for liking the car. ALL the car magazines and Youtube reviewers loved the FiST, and apparently some of them went out and bought one, even if the Clio or the FoST or whatever were faster. There are guys here who traded in Mustangs for our little econobox.

I have an old Lexus that can carry 5 people in cloudlike comfort. So easy to drive, it's boring. Now, it's the winter beater.

To put it in motorcycle terms, you can get a Goldwing or a Hayabusa and have ridiculous comfort and/or speed for days.

Or, you can get a supermotard, and feel like you're really riding a motorcycle that wants to hit the corners. It's not as comfy or as fast as other bikes, but the ride is so much more fun.

My experience at OA last year bears this out. At the welcoming I thought - wow, there's lots of ST owners here. After talking to some of the other people I realized the welcoming was for all the groups - ST, Raptor, Mustang, etc. When everyone was together in "their" group the ST people were the youngest, Mustang people oldest, Raptor kind of in the middle. Generalizations, of course, but generally followed that delineation. Had a great time with all "the kids". It was refreshing to see some young people ARE still interested in cars.

Same age group as you guys. Same reasons for liking the car. ALL the car magazines and Youtube reviewers loved the FiST, and apparently some of them went out and bought one, even if the Clio or the FoST or whatever were faster. There are guys here who traded in Mustangs for our little econobox.

I have an old Lexus that can carry 5 people in cloudlike comfort. So easy to drive, it's boring. Now, it's the winter beater.

To put it in motorcycle terms, you can get a Goldwing or a Hayabusa and have ridiculous comfort and/or speed for days.

Or, you can get a supermotard, and feel like you're really riding a motorcycle that wants to hit the corners. It's not as comfy or as fast as other bikes, but the ride is so much more fun.
^^^ I use the same logic. I've done away with the drag cars and bikes and now have rawer/slower more fun things.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
^^^ I use the same logic. I've done away with the drag cars and bikes and now have rawer/slower more fun things.
“I spend most of my life whizzing hither and thither in exotica made from platinum and rhodium and fitted with engines that roar and bellow and spit fire. And all I want on the way home is a Ford Fiesta ST.” -Jeremy Clarkson.

That's quite an endorsement!
http://www.motoringbox.com/cars/ent...in-cars-as-in-life-i-crave-the-simple-things/

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
“I spend most of my life whizzing hither and thither in exotica made from platinum and rhodium and fitted with engines that roar and bellow and spit fire. And all I want on the way home is a Ford Fiesta ST.” -Jeremy Clarkson.

That's quite an endorsement!
http://www.motoringbox.com/cars/ent...in-cars-as-in-life-i-crave-the-simple-things/
I am SHOCKED that HE said that, as I would have expected that quote to come out of Hammond, NOT JC!! ;)

One could not even plead for a better endorsement than THAT!!! [twothumb]

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I am SHOCKED that HE said that, as I would have expected that quote to come out of Hammond, NOT JC!! ;)

One could not even plead for a better endorsement than THAT!!! [twothumb]
I feel the same way......at 66 Y.O. I have had some nicer cars, faster cars.....from a 600cc Fiat, turbo 4's, turbo V6, small block V8's and big Block V8's. Italian, Swedish, Japanese, German and American, nothing makes me happier than my FiST. The best overall performance, stops better than any of my other cars, handles better, down on a few for straight line acceleration but they couldn't stop or handle as well. On top of that the economy is outstanding, price was low and I love the looks of car. I do lots of interstate trips, and very little city driving. I love my MP-215 FiST, my wife, adult daughter and son love it and all can drive it well. First time my daughter drove it (former 5 speed Mustang GT owner) after 45 minutes texted one word......"SHOCKED". 30 minutes later I got this......"not coming home for a while". Only three other people have driven it and when they are around they want to drive my car. For the hot hatch niche car, Ford hit this one out of the park.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
.......... my wife, adult daughter and son love it and all can drive it well. First time my daughter drove it (former 5 speed Mustang GT owner) after 45 minutes texted one word......"SHOCKED". 30 minutes later I got this......"not coming home for a while". Only three other people have driven it and when they are around they want to drive my car. ..................
Um, that's usually the benefit of having a manual shift... no one else can (or wants to) drive it. Not in your family LoL... [cool]

In fact, it's often referred to as a "security system"...
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...842F2C643584459284F2842F2C643584459&FORM=VIRE

I am 63 and just ordered my 2018 FIST... I am surprised by all the folks that are in my age cohort. I used to run aircooled bugs and then a modded 914 with lowering springs. My first "muscle car" was a 69 Firebird 400 HO and a couple of years back had a 2009 Gti with an APR tune. I miss the Gti and want that "point and shoot" car back and was thinking about the Fiesta ST with all the reviews but got depressed when Ford was not going to have it for 2018 but.... they kept it for another year so I jumped in with both feet. Gotta do this before retirement :)

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Um, that's usually the benefit of having a manual shift... no one else can (or wants to) drive it. Not in your family LoL... [cool]

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...842F2C643584459284F2842F2C643584459&FORM=VIRE
We have six adult children...only 2 can drive a manual and are car nuts.The other 4 I wouldn't trust to not wreck the FiST! I read about attempted carjackings with manuals and laugh!

DaveG99

You are correct. Most cant drive a manual. My wife can drive a manual and I will be teaching my kids as soon as they are old enough to drive. I learned how to drive a manual when I was 13 on a rental car (mercedes 190E) in Germany while visiting family one summer.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
You are correct. Most cant drive a manual. My wife can drive a manual and I will be teaching my kids as soon as they are old enough to drive. I learned how to drive a manual when I was 13 on a rental car (mercedes 190E) in Germany while visiting family one summer.
I taught myself at 12 in a 1959 Fiat 600 4-speed. Could get 4 gears and stop before hitting the garage door in 50 feet. My wife and I have only manuals....hers is a 1993 Dodge Stealth R/T and we have a Ranger 5-speed pickup. I have alway enjoyed shifting my own gears. Have had only a few Auto's.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Me too, another Dave, and in So Cal too.
I have my grandson's child seat in the back.
I'm a (in September) 63 year old as well, and also a Dave, but not in SoCal. :(
(No grandkids yet, my kids can take their time on that one! ;) )

The real young 'uns DO consider us "ancient", but many my age think I look 45 at the oldest (as long as I've had a great night's sleep), so I will take that. LOL

dmb

when i was 13 my brother let me drive his impala ss 409 2x4's 425hp 4 speed on a sunday in the sears parking lot. back then they were closed on sunday's, scared him pretty good. i had a big smile, and told all my friends from school.