Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Age Demographics

Fiesta ST Age Demographics

• 16-24 years

Votes: 267 17.1%
  • 25-34 years

Votes: 632 40.4%
  • 35-44 years

Votes: 357 22.8%
  • 45-54 years

Votes: 163 10.4%
  • 55-64 years

Votes: 112 7.2%
  • 65 years and over

Votes: 34 2.2%

• Total voters
Another oldster here - 69. I got my first motorcycle in 1964 and sold my last one in 2016. A bad shoulder break from a slip on the ice forced me to give up two-wheeilng. So I just got my ST for consolation. I was in love before fourth gear.

I had a first gen Miata which was a blast, but no room for stuff and stored for MN winters. And a Focus SVT which had 90% the performance of the Mazda. The ST makes both look anemic powerwise.

Mods, can you change mine from 25-34 to 35-44 please. Just turned 35 on 9-11. Or make a section called infinity because I choose to be 21 forever! Lol

Last edited:
Turned 60 last week and bought my FiST a couple of months ago. It helps at times away from work to have the emotional maturity of a 16 year old. [biggrin] The FiST is not a daily driver, though I often drive to work in it just because I enjoy it so much. I wanted something small, light, simple, nimble and quick, and this car fit the bill perfectly. No disappointments with the car so far. My only big disappointment is that winter is around the corner here in the Midwest, and the FiST will never see salt and will be babied once temps drop because of the summer rubber. It will be greatly missed for about 4 months, starting pretty soon now.

19 here turn 20 in 7 days. Can't say i did it all by myself since I'm on my grandfather insurance.

A mid-fiftysomething FiST owner here, relieved to see there are a few others in my age range. In my early driving days, I couldn't afford any of the hot hatches of that era (original Rabbit GTI, CRX Si, Omni GLHS Turbo, Colt Turbo when it was good, etc.), but it's always been my favorite automotive segment. I recently rented a Fusion Hybrid on a trip to Texas that involved a lot of highway driving, and wondered why someone my age doesn't just settle for a bigger, softer, easy-to-drive vehicle. Then I got home, back in the ST, and within seconds: "Oh yeah, that's why." The day I don't prefer a car like the Fiesta ST is the day I need to stop driving altogether.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Then I got home, back in the ST, and within seconds: "Oh yeah, that's why." The day I don't prefer a car like the Fiesta ST is the day I need to stop driving altogether.
AMEN to that!! [thumb]

IF I had to pilot a Camry or such, I would give up driving altogether!
I had an A1 '83 (first year here in the states) GTI bought new as my 4th car ever, and only second new car (first new ride was a '76 'Black Cat' Capri 2 V6 manual). ;)

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
A mid-fiftysomething FiST owner here, relieved to see there are a few others in my age range. In my early driving days, I couldn't afford any of the hot hatches of that era (original Rabbit GTI, CRX Si, Omni GLHS Turbo, Colt Turbo when it was good, etc.), but it's always been my favorite automotive segment. I recently rented a Fusion Hybrid on a trip to Texas that involved a lot of highway driving, and wondered why someone my age doesn't just settle for a bigger, softer, easy-to-drive vehicle. Then I got home, back in the ST, and within seconds: "Oh yeah, that's why." The day I don't prefer a car like the Fiesta ST is the day I need to stop driving altogether.
I agree completely! 2015 Fist, 55 and former Road Test Editor for Motor Trend Magazine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Only got my first car by one year (I'm heading towards 63); 1966 LeMans 326 V8 2 bbl. rag top. ;)
First car --- '55 Chevy Bel Air 2 door coupe, 3 on the tree, 6 banger. Paid $350 in '61 when I was 16.
First new car --- '65 Plymouth Belvedere 2, 2 door hardtop, 3 on the tree, 361 V-8. Got me started on a life of Mopars.

Old farts rock! lol

Amen, old brothers.

Did motorcycle roadracing in the '80's, then karting in the '90's while owning various hot roddish cars all along. Recently restored a Cooper S from the sixties. It occurred to me that a FiST is a lot like a Cooper S was; a small affordable hotrod. I love small. I love hotrods. And I love A/C too:)

I don't care if folks think the grey haired dude stole his sons' car. I like the little thing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
First car --- '55 Chevy Bel Air 2 door coupe, 3 on the tree, 6 banger. Paid $350 in '61 when I was 16.
First new car --- '65 Plymouth Belvedere 2, 2 door hardtop, 3 on the tree, 361 V-8. Got me started on a life of Mopars.

Old farts rock! lol
Speaking of 'three on the tree', my second car was a used 1969 Olds 88 ragtop coupe, with a 455 2 bbl. and YUP, a '3 on the tree', a virtual unicorn, even back then (it was even white!). LOL
I dubbed it the "Torque Tank". ;)

Speaking of 'three on the tree', my second car was a used 1969 Olds 88 ragtop coupe, with a 455 2 bbl. and YUP, a '3 on the tree', a virtual unicorn, even back then (it was even white!). LOL
I dubbed it the "Torque Tank". ;)
My first car was a three on the tree also, but you will never have heard of it. It was a 1959 Ford Consul. I paid £50 for it. It had a high tech safety feature to stop you driving fast in the rain whereby the vacuum wipers stopped if you accelerated too fast.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My first car was a three on the tree also, but you will never have heard of it. It was a 1959 Ford Consul. I paid £50 for it. It had a high tech safety feature to stop you driving fast in the rain whereby the vacuum wipers stopped if you accelerated too fast.
HAVE TOO heard of it before this!
As well as the Anglia, Zephyr, Zodiac, Squire, and the Cortina of course (especially the Lotus TC versions! [driving]), and the latter day Granada which was a totally different MERCURY sedan here in the states.

As a kid, I once rode in an early '50s Caddy which also had those janky vacuum operated wipers. LOL

Well, now I'm feeling like a regular youngster, having learned to drive on a '77 Civic CVCC four-speed, all 60 hp of it.