Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

koozy

3000 Post Club
its OK man! some people just like to stir the pot and I'm part of that guilty party man! ill admit it....I have super thick skin....I don't mind if people give me alittle ribbing...it keeps me on my toes with witty stuff. Id have done the same things as you then got the right one or found an exact at the local hardware store! Do what you do....[like]
However I wasn't stirring the pot. That's not my MO on the forum here. I have the same crossover pipe and was able to use the OE hardware, so I was curious if he had issues using the stock hardware. I also wanted to ask him about the hardware since it looks like he has experience with it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
However I wasn't stirring the pot. That's not my MO on the forum here. I have the same crossover pipe and was able to use the OE hardware, so I was curious if he had issues using the stock hardware. I also wanted to ask him about the hardware since it looks like he has experience with it.
Koozy I was speaking of the DILDO comment....[rockon]

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
My car didn’t have the nut. Apparently the previous owner lost it. When I attempted to secure the crossover pipe with the plastic stud, it broke. I found an aircraft nut and washer in my spare part bin. I used it to secure it while I’m waiting for the OEM replacement stud to arrive. I’ll find a proper washer when I swap the stud.

I wasn’t expecting to come to my build thread and see trolls. I assumed your post was insincere because so many people break that stud and you’ve been here forever. I get it though, it’s a new crossover pipe and people may have concern. The pipe fitment is perfect. It took only a few minutes to install after removing the cowls. I should’ve taken it easy on the plastic stud.

koozy

3000 Post Club
My car didn’t have the nut. Apparently the previous owner lost it. When I attempted to secure the crossover pipe with the plastic stud, it broke. I found an aircraft nut and washer in my spare part bin. I used it to secure it while I’m waiting for the OEM replacement stud to arrive. I’ll find a proper washer when I swap the stud.

I wasn’t expecting to come to my build thread and see trolls. I assumed your post was insincere because so many people break that stud and you’ve been here forever. I get it though, it’s a new crossover pipe and people may have concern. The pipe fitment is perfect. It took only a few minutes to install after removing the cowls. I should’ve taken it easy on the plastic stud.
I didn't realize people were breaking the stud with the ball on it. It's not a high torque fastener, but I suppose anything is possible. My following question was going to be about the fastener on the right, the one with the new washer on it. I was wondering if you were able to completely remove the stud. The reason I ask is because when I attempted to remove mine, it reached a point when there was some friction and felt like it's wasn't suppose to be taken out. It also makes awful sounding squeaks, so I just screwed it back in. Looking at Ford microfiche it looks like it should just come out, but I don't want to force it. So... I thought since you may have replaced yours that you may have some insight that I'm missing on how to remove that stud.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
LOL, why are you angry? You're assuming something that's not true. Not ragging on your things, just curious. Chill out. I was also curious about something else, but you seem too upset to help answer. peace.
Just saw this.. I didn’t think you were serious nor was I angry. You seemed like a troll poking my nuts.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
I didn't realize people were breaking the stud with the ball on it. It's not a high torque fastener, but I suppose anything is possible. My following question was going to be about the fastener on the right, the one with the new washer on it. I was wondering if you were able to completely remove the stud. The reason I ask is because when I attempted to remove mine, it reached a point when there was some friction and felt like it's wasn't suppose to be taken out. It also makes awful sounding squeaks, so I just screwed it back in. Looking at Ford microfiche it looks like it should just come out, but I don't want to force it. So... I thought since you may have replaced yours that you may have some insight that I'm missing on how to remove that stud.
The threaded rod on the nut side was fine but the stud backed out with the threaded portion intact. I read about that possibility but ironically I didn’t want to tighten/loosen for fear of breaking it. I barely tightened it and it broke. It makes me think the previous owner weakened it when he installed/removed his Cobb intake. The Crossover pipe is secure but those two nuts look pretty bad.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
The stud was less than $7 from a Ford dealer on eBay. TASCA was under $2 but shipping was $10 ha!

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
I’m not sure if any other US Fiestas had the same issues I had with the wiring harness but it was a bit of a pain because I have very little slack for relocating it. I also have a different crashbar and a Mishimoto radiator so things aren’t attached as they were stock. It took awhile to come up with a position that I felt was safe for the harness. It works but it took a good bit of time rearranging things.

The space under the bolts was concerning as well but I was told it’s fine. I used a drop of blue locktite to make sure they don’t back out due to vibration.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I’m not sure if any other US Fiestas had the same issues I had with the wiring harness but it was a bit of a pain because I have very little slack for relocating it. I also have a different crashbar and a Mishimoto radiator so things aren’t attached as they were stock. It took awhile to come up with a position that I felt was safe for the harness. It works but it took a good bit of time rearranging things.

The space under the bolts was concerning as well but I was told it’s fine. I used a drop of blue locktite to make sure they don’t back out due to vibration.
I recall reading someone else having the same issue with the harness being short. My concern would be in the event of a front end collision, that there's not enough slack and things get ripped apart.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I found some photos of the valve cover off and it looks like the studs should come off freely of the threaded bosses. I may try again to see if I can get it out next time the opportunity arises.
That's an interesting Valve cover we have. Never knew it was such and odd shape.[wrenchin] Now that I see all those brass inserts concerns me....I think of some dingus now overtightening any of them and then it just spins in the hole!

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
I recall reading someone else having the same issue with the harness being short. My concern would be in the event of a front end collision, that there's not enough slack and things get ripped apart.
I’m more concerned about my crashbar. It’s thin. I was surprised when we welded on the nut for the towhook. I’ll pull it off this winter and see about building something stronger. I may go back to the OEM crashbar and Cobb IC if I decide to go with a hybrid turbo over the GT25 or GTX2860R. I’m waiting to see how the car feels after I install and track it with the LSD.

koozy

3000 Post Club
That's an interesting Valve cover we have. Never knew it was such and odd shape.[wrenchin] Now that I see all those brass inserts concerns me....I think of some dingus now overtightening any of them and then it just spins in the hole!
yeah, I think I may have boogered one of my studs hence the awful squeaks and not wanting to come out. It does make a sound like it could be the brass spinning. Good thing the valve covers are affordable. ~$35.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
yeah, I think I may have boogered one of my studs hence the awful squeaks and not wanting to come out. It does make a sound like it could be the brass spinning. Good thing the valve covers are affordable. ~$35.
Really?!? that's it $35 ....good to know! [party]

koozy

3000 Post Club
I’m more concerned about my crashbar. It’s thin. I was surprised when we welded on the nut for the towhook. I’ll pull it off this winter and see about building something stronger. I may go back to the OEM crashbar and Cobb IC if I decide to go with a hybrid turbo over the GT25 or GTX2860R. I’m waiting to see how the car feels after I install and track it with the LSD.
I had to go back to the first page of your build to see what crash bar you have and realized after seeing photos of your car oh.. it's your car with the black OZ's. Your car is one of my favorites with the OZ's. We have the same DHM intercooler/crash bar setup, yes the tube is thin but it's chromoly. I've seen a few photo of guys who've wrecked their car and the crashbar appeared to have collapsed taking the impact, basically doing it's job. One way to strengthen the crash bar is to fill it with foam, which I've thought of doing next time I have the crash bar off. The foam will occupy the hollow space and not allow the tube to collapse as easily. Think of a straw that collapses easily, now fill it with sand. It won't collapse as easily.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
Where did you acquire that driver decal? I want one for mine now, I like it
TrackDecals hooked me up with those. I’ve been using their door magnets (on track) but they have to be taped on. Anytime I exceed 100mph they fly off!!

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
We had a full day of rain at the track yesterday. It was my first saturated track day. I was pleasantly surprised at how balanced my car is when traction totally lets go. RT615k+ suck in rain, but we all know that. The ITG intake is so loud outside the car. It’s pretty damn funny actually. I was expecting a lot more 2Jish noise inside but it isn’t bad at all. I can easily hold a phone conversation driving in the city. The Fiesta made me smile all day again. Edit: this was a Miata event I crashed.. Every Miata you can think of was there.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5