Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

USDM cam follower fuel pump tappet?

These seem to be a big thing about changing on the euro models, but what's the deal for USA models?

Just replaced my HPFP on Saturday and pulled the cam follower to inspect. Looked great after 40k miles, virtually no evidence of wear.

If they do fail, it's probably due to poor maintenance (low/dirty oil) or a mechanical failure of the high pressure fuel pump. If the fuel pump piston seizes, it basically grinds the follower against the cam lobe until it disintegrates. At that point you're looking at a pretty costly teardown.

Also interested in what the word is on US cars, seeing as how a quick google search for the part shows only European websites. I see lots of posts on Facebook groups about replacing this but they all seem to be Euro spec cars. I've also seen recommendations to change every 20k miles. Surely not...[dunno]

A7xogg

I know this was an issue with the vw 2.0t fsi motor and I also have seen this on multiple euro spec cars to change out but I have seen zero us spec cars or us guys talking about issues or anything about it. Like peipe with over 100k miles, upgraded turbo, track cars, etc, etc. Probably gonna change mine round 40k just cause but anyone seen anything from us spec cars? Did we get a different cam lobe on the camshaft of something?