Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Where to Buy Recaro Car Seats

Hey All,

I'm going to pretend that baby seats are an interior modification since I'm not sure where else to put this thread. My wife and I are expecting our first in ~3wks and I was looking around for a Recaro seat for the FiST. We already have a travel system and a Graco for her Escape, but I'd like to get a normal, non-travel system seat for the FiST. On Recaro's site I see they have Performance Rally and Performance Racer seats for 5-65 lb babies that I'd like to look at, but I can't find them for sale when I follow the links. Does anyone know if Recaro is selling these anymore? And if not, any recommendations for a Recaro seat for an infant? Or should I look elsewhere? Thanks in advance [thumb]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you actually try to call Recaro and see what they say just for shits? That's where I would start....I'd ever heard of a child's Recaro seat until now. Interesting! [woot]

OP
MichiganST
Thread Starter #3
Did you actually try to call Recaro and see what they say just for shits? That's where I would start....I'd ever heard of a child's Recaro seat until now. Interesting! [woot]
I haven't, I just started looking around today. There were some forum posts about the seats, but the links were all dead. I found some of them on Amazon, but they are all out of stock. Wondering if they haven't re-entered after their 2015 recall. May just go with another Graco [dunno]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I haven't, I just started looking around today. There were some forum posts about the seats, but the links were all dead. I found some of them on Amazon, but they are all out of stock. Wondering if they haven't re-entered after their 2015 recall. May just go with another Graco [dunno]
Ebay Shows some! [giddy]

I had a black suede type Recaro in my former car - handed it down to my bro in law now that my kiddo doesn't require it. It got more comments than anything else at the car shows.

My son has only been in Recaro seats, from the infant carrier to the toddler ones that are in both of our cars now. We love them and the price is right in the mid range (they can get quite a bit more expensive). I didnt realize they were readily available anymore, as we bought all of ours in store at Buy Buy Baby.

When I was young, before I had kids, I used to REALLY want Recaro carseats. They just look so effing cool!

But then, when I was older, and actually HAD kids, I researched carseats and discovered the Recaro carseats are kinda hot garbage, and get horrific reviews compared to Britax, Peg Perego, etc. (quite possibly the reason they are no longer be sold stateside) So I bought and continue to buy my kids top of the line Britax carseats, so they'll actually live if we ever get in an accident.

Just my $.02.

Pretty cool. I personally don't like them. They are too uncomfortable to get in and out of. I don't drive my car aggressive enough around corners to feel the need to have them.

OP is talking about Recaro CARSEATS, like for kids. [histerical]
If they are not rated as safe, I wouldn't be using them for my kids. I've seen enough violent accidents. And the last thing you want is an unsafe baby seat in a Fiesta, that doesn't have that much mass to begin with.