Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mishimoto Radiator OR Mountune Radiator

Mishimoto Radiator or Mountune Radiator?

• Mishomoto

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Mountune

Votes: 39 73.6%

• Total voters

redmoe

Quite odd that there are so many different results with stock radiator [8]
I think it is due to the large amount of variables that go into this.

1. How is the operator defining over heating. Some folks are using the cars temp gauge going past the middle section. Some are defining it as actually hitting limp mode. Some like myself are using the ap coolant temp monitor.
2. Climate the operator lives in.
3. Driving habits and typically commute. Folks that drive the car short distances vs long congested freeway commutes. Folks that drive there car hard vs cruising.
4. Manufacturing variations in the radiator, thermostat, engine coolant passages, coolant pump.
5. Vehicle modifications.

From what I have read there was possibly an issue with the heads on the 2014-2015 models that lead to overheating and coolant consumption. If you have a completely stock vehicle that is overheating in daily driving (non stop and go) conditions you most likely have an issue.

If you are already modifying the car and driving it hard you may want to consider an upgraded radiator depending on what you vehicle data is telling you.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
Sounds like I need to do another track day with stock rad in actual hot weather and come back with my thoughts. It performed perfectly when it was low 60s ambient and sunny. Same with stock pads and fluid. I was far from babying it too. I'll probably atleast upgrade my fluid before I go though.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
My car will go full hot just from driving it hard on the street. It wouldn't last a lap on a track with our weather.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
That code still works and actually gets it down to $422 for me. hmmmmmmmmmmm

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GAbOS

Just ordered one with code and it's $422. Currently out of stock per the site page though. I'll be making a cross country trip when I move back east from Nevada so figured it a good idea before I drive it for extended periods during the trip.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
Was informed from Mountune that the rads won't be back in stock until August FYI

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Just in case anyone isn't on Facebook
We have 5 Mishimoto radiators in stock and have changed the site to offer our silicone radiator hose kit for only $60 when ordered with the Radiator
Both the Rad and hose kit ship FREE in the US (CONUS actually)

I'm not stating one kit is better than the other. I offer limited Mountune items, the rad kit isn't one of them. I do however sell a boat load if the Mishimoto radiator kits over the summer months and have never had a complaint. There are some Mishimoto parts that get some negative feedback such as OCC brackets and the intake evap fix (those are the only ones I know of actually) but the cooling parts have always been pretty spot on.

Link to product>>>https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/mishimoto-upgraded-radiator-and-fan-shroud-assembly

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
We have 5 Mishimoto radiators in stock and have changed the site to offer our silicone radiator hose kit for only $60 when ordered with the Radiator

I'm not stating one kit is better than the other. I offer limited Mountune items, the rad kit isn't one of them. I do however sell a boat load if the Mishimoto radiator kits over the summer months and have never had a complaint. There are some Mishimoto parts that get some negative feedback such as OCC brackets and the intake evap fix (those are the only ones I know of actually) but the cooling parts have always been pretty spot on.

Link to product>>>https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/mishimoto-upgraded-radiator-and-fan-shroud-assembly
Ron, I am glad to hear you have not experienced problems with the Mishi radiators for the FiST nor do I see complaints on the Forum. But you should actually look at the BBB site to see the majority of cases ARE their radiators before claiming their cooling products to be "pretty spot on". This may be true for the FiST radiator but to imply all of their radiators are good is just not true. The problem with Mishi is and always has been a total lack of after the sales support and very shady "engineering". They come up with off the wall answers to complaints.....like their excuse for radiators in Jeeps and some Fords fail quite often due to the "flexible" chassis, even better was the "according to their research" that they don't seem to have when asked to produce it by the BBB. Of course they have no answer about other aftermarket radiators not experiencing these problem to the BBB. Or finally admitting that after selling many radiators for the Challenger they find the radiator was 1/4 inch off in all dimensions for the brackets. Thanks to the BBB and 4 months of fighting the lying SOB's I got my refund.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Ron, I am glad to hear you have not experienced problems with the Mishi radiators for the FiST nor do I see complaints on the Forum. But you should actually look at the BBB site to see the majority of cases ARE their radiators before claiming their cooling products to be "pretty spot on". This may be true for the FiST radiator but to imply all of their radiators are good is just not true. The problem with Mishi is and always has been a total lack of after the sales support and very shady "engineering". They come up with off the wall answers to complaints.....like their excuse for radiators in Jeeps and some Fords fail quite often due to the "flexible" chassis, even better was the "according to their research" that they don't seem to have when asked to produce it by the BBB. Of course they have no answer about other aftermarket radiators not experiencing these problem to the BBB. Or finally admitting that after selling many radiators for the Challenger they find the radiator was 1/4 inch off in all dimensions for the brackets. Thanks to the BBB and 4 months of fighting the lying SOB's I got my refund.
I'm not going to bat for them by any means. I guess it may be luck then but I have not had any claims or issues with the radiator. I have however had to liaison with support for OCC brackets and various missing parts from other parts unfortunately.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54

I'm just going with the majority of the reviews I'm seeing. So far it weighs more towards the Mountune rad is alot less of a headache. Nothing against Mishi but thats what I'm seeing.

If there is anything that I need that you offer Ron, always know I'll get it from you! I know I beat around the bush(or seems like I'm a tire kicker) when asking you about items you sell but I'm just trying to get as much info as possible before I go into something. I also don't like to buy everything at once because I feel like I'd get bored of the car alot faster at that rate so I try to pace myself lol

Might be a noob question but I can not find how many quarts/gallons of coolant to fill the mountune radiator. I ordered mine beginning of the month (out of stock) till August. Just trying to buy everything I need before it comes in. Any help? Thanks

redmoe

I bought three jugs of the motorcraft 50/50 when I did mine and it was plenty (you really only need to get two). If you can get a hold of a vacuum filler it will help get the air out of the system and fill it quick. I did a set of videos on the installation of the mountune radiator. Hereā€™s a link to the first one:

https://youtu.be/iS89u1D3_OM

so just to be clear, when installing a aftermarket Radiator, you MUST also install an oil cooler? I read that in a earlier post but wanted to double check!

redmoe

so just to be clear, when installing a aftermarket Radiator, you MUST also install an oil cooler? I read that in a earlier post but wanted to double check!
No you do not need to install the oil cooler with an aftermarket radiator they are two separate items that can be used independently of each other. Most folks will only ever need the upgraded radiator. The oil cooler is really only needed if you track the car.

No you do not need to install the oil cooler with an aftermarket radiator they are two separate items that can be used independently of each other. Most folks will only ever need the upgraded radiator. The oil cooler is really only needed if you track the car.
Thats What i thought. Only reason I asked was I saw someone else earlier in this thread say that and it didn't make sense to me. Ive got a 2G DSM and when I did my radiator on that, I didn't add a oil cooler... thanks for the clarification!