Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kirkey Race Seats

Dib

Greetings all!

So, coming back from my deployment in a little and I'm looking at some mandatory post-deployment racecar parts and the idea of seats came up. I'm looking at some kirkey's for my "racecar" civic. I've come to this forum because the 8th civic forum is generally full of real f***bois and r*cers. so quality answers are few and far between. Figured some of you jokers would have more experience in actual racing. I have an 07 SI that's primary for track/autocross, so I really want a nice snug support seat that doesn't have to be daily'd. Looking at the cheapest Kirkey's they come in 15.5 or 17.5in which I have NO idea which size i need. If I can daily them I would. SO general Kirkey seat discussions, go!

TL;DR What is your experience with Kirkey Seats, size, fit, comfort, yada, yada?

This is my Stealth Fister

They're good seats for not too much money. I had ultra shields in my miata, which are basically the same as Kirkeys. Supportive and reasonable comfort, but nowhere near as good as a Sparco/OMP/etc. I think you'd be much happier with something a bit nicer since I assume you've got to drive the car to the track and don't trailer it there. In addition, they usually require drilling/custom mounts to be fitted, whereas a higher end seat can be ordered with brackets to fit your car and bolt right in. Basically a medium trade off in comfort and a big trade off in convenience. Up to you to decide if it's worth it. By the time I had fabrication work done (I didn't feel comfortable making seat brackets myself), I could have almost gotten a nicer set with brackets. As for sizing you can call Kirkey and they'll let you know which size you need based on weight/pant size.

I race quite a bit (typically formula cars) but I thought my Ultra Shields were decently comfy till I sat in a proper OMP seat. If you can get to a race shop and sit in one, that'll be best. Alternatively you might be able to scoop up a used racing seat somewhere online like ebay or racingjunk.