Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Increase spring travel?

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Pretty sure the Fusion and Escape also have a 1.6L and taller ride height and taller tires and better MPG (well, maybe not the Escape) and softer suspension and gearing that is more to your favor.

I assume you never drove the 1.0L based upon your comments the engine is too small. I would also assume you have never driven a 1.6L Fiesta either. The regular Fiesta with the 1.6L, with the same displacement as the ST, is dismal in terms of performance compared to the 1.0L. There is a replacement for displacement and it is forced induction.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
See [MENTION=759]Hijinx[/MENTION], you're wasting your time. Someone's missing a plug wire or something...
I looked this guy up on the Internet. Two things...his reputation precedes him (since 2013) and he is an “ecomodder.” He’s part of a subculture that mods for economy and he himself is extreme...willing to downgrade the performance of a car by any means to achieve some idealized fuel economy.

He is irrational and foolish by nearly all accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I looked this guy up on the Internet. Two things...his reputation precedes him (since 2013) and he is an “ecomodder.” He’s part of a subculture that mods for economy and he himself is extreme...willing to downgrade the performance of a car by any means to achieve some idealized fuel economy.

Does not surprise me one bit. How do we make him go away?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Does not surprise me one bit. How do we make him go away?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Just google his username. That doesn’t make him go away, but it does show his character.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Ecomodder? Yikes, that is pretty much a performance terrorist.

Buying a performance car to make it less of a performance car and more of a regular car sounds like a great effort and wasting money and resources. A Prius, Leaf, Volt, city bus, rickshaw, bicycle, moped, roller blades, walking shoes would have all been better transportation options.

Honestly, starting with a Fiesta ST is terrible. Wide sticky tires, bigger brakes, lots of frontal area, drivetrain designed for performance only, draggy body cladding, basically everything a normal person buys a performance car for is the polar opposite of what a performance terrorist would want. A Fiesta SFE with Powershift would be better. Hell, Ford actually made that model for that exact purpose! Trying to ecomod a ST makes as much sense as making a lowrider Raptor.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club

I was hoping you were just trying to be funny; you definitely would have succeeded if the case, however, this just isn’t the kind of stuff that could be made up. Nice detective work, Hijinx.

That said, I cannot believe someone with this mindset bought a FiST; it’s sacrilege.

This is going to be entertaining to say the least. I now like ProDigit all the more. LMAO!

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I was hoping you were just trying to be funny; you definitely would have succeeded if the case, however, this just isn’t the kind of stuff that could be made up. Nice detective work, Hijinx.

That said, I cannot believe someone with this mindset bought a FiST; it’s sacrilege.

This is going to be entertaining to say the least. I now like ProDigit all the more. LMAO!
It was just a google search because I curious about what/who we were dealing with; now we know.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I know some hardcore ecomodders who are wicked smart and spend lots of calories powering their brains to chase down single % points of efficiency. This guy, with his claim of a taller final drive delivering 10-20% better MPG, is of a different breed.

He should have bought a used Prius and left us alone. We'd all be happier: him because he'd have a platform that is engineered by people who know what the fuck they're doing to do what he thinks he wants and us because we'd be able to get back to talking about our cars without the distraction.

Does his use of commas make anyone else's brain itch?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yeah, they're both great cars.
I would have considered the Veloster, if I could get it at the same price I got the ST for ($17 something k), as it has more road comfort.

Funny enough, they have almost exactly the same gear ratio as the FiST; with just a 200lbs heavier body.
I came from a Kia Forte5 SX, same Gamma platform as the "VT" and they are even more slightly shorter geared: 70MPH FiST=3000RPM, 3250 on Forte5 SX... I wish the FiST had just a VERY slightly taller gear simply to make 1st more usable, but it's nice to be able to pull from almost a complete stop in 2nd too...

OP
P
Thread Starter #32
I came from a Kia Forte5 SX, same Gamma platform as the "VT" and they are even more slightly shorter geared: 70MPH FiST=3000RPM, 3250 on Forte5 SX... I wish the FiST had just a VERY slightly taller gear simply to make 1st more usable, but it's nice to be able to pull from almost a complete stop in 2nd too...
Mine is tuned at 3k RPM @ 75MPH.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Mine is tuned at 3k RPM @ 75MPH.
What? Are you saying that at 75mph your FiST is at 3krpm? Because everyone else’s does too. Well, more less depending on tire circumference... And the one owner who has an even shorter final drive.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
What? Are you saying that at 75mph your FiST is at 3krpm? Because everyone else’s does too. Well, more less depending on tire circumference... And the one owner who has an even shorter final drive.

4.06?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I'm pretty sure that I'm at 70 not 75 at 3000 RPM...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Did you change your final gear ratio, or tire circumference?
Nope, all stock... I mentioned earlier my last car was also a 1.6T hatchback and it was at 3250 at 70 so I just figured that this was very slightly taller geared. When I had that previous car I thought that was too short geared so when I got this it was one of the first things I paid attention to and confirm.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I scratch my head when somebody buys a Fiesta ST, wants taller gears, taller suspension, better fuel economy, a sedan, softer suspension, quieter exhaust, or an automatic. Um, I think that is called a regular Fiesta. It isn't just the op, but something I have seen a lot of over the years. I don't understand paying more only to undo just about everything that makes the ST a ST. A 1.0L EcoBoost with a manual transmission would have been the better car for them at a far lower price.
They want (most of) the ST aesthetics.