Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

VT330R Hybrid Turbo Kit Install and Review

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #121
Good looking video but the dyno needs better ventilation
with how hot it was and the poor ventilation, I wouldn't be surprise if it killed like 10 ponies or something
There were actually 2 huge built in ventilation fans on either side of the garage door, you can hear them somewhat in the background but they were very loud in person. Their dyno is setup for RWD vehicles so we had to position my car facing the door. It took more time to setup than it did to do the runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The vt330r is the most common in the UK next to the x-47r with both yeild similar results but all down to supporting mods really im wanting to get the gtx28 set up it is ment tobe better for the engine as it's less stress and plus I wanna run stupid number like 380bhp [emoji51] I also bought my Peron stage 1+ from aet a few month ago as they are just 4 hours away from me!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #123
V-Dyno Catted vs. Catless comparison on E30 with the VT330R.

+13 torque and +3 hp increase with catless

I scheduled another dyno run on July 10th to do a comparison against my last dyno run.

Interesting how the torque peaks a little earlier and the horsepower peaks later. Boost comes on a bit earlier as well.

felopr

i guess that bump in hp at the end for the catted version is a bump on the road? my guess

curious of choice of dynos. was db(near cabelas in rogers) in contention due to their front drive and awd set up? I used modern autos once but they do not do anything any more with it....thanks bob

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #130
curious of choice of dynos. was db(near cabelas in rogers) in contention due to their front drive and awd set up? I used modern autos once but they do not do anything any more with it....thanks bob
I've been on DB's Dyno Dynamics but I wanted to run on a Dynojet this time so I went to Hitech Motorsports. Just preference. I'll be going back on the Dynojet on July 10th

Any feedback on this system? I'm comparing the units out there. I like the idea of the hybrid units to eliminate the lower RPM lag.

Vt330

Any feedback on this system? I'm comparing the units out there. I like the idea of the hybrid units to eliminate the lower RPM lag.
Hello sorry I did not get back to you sooner. Don't know yet car just shipped from the factory. Unit is nice and probably the best one out there. Should do 285-290 at the wheels. I have all the stuff from intake to exhaust to install with it with tune as well. I may optimize the stock turbo before I put it in. If you dig into details and do everything else the bottom end torque to 4K with stock turbo is a monster around 300 plus get 215-225 HP at wheels. Even less lag. All the after market will have more lag compared to stock. The hybrid starts kicking in around 2750 and you WILL loose bottom end below that compared to an optimized stock set up. Power crosses over around 3000 and its goodbye after that, killer mid range and top end for sure. This turbo is more than the stock motor needs. Anymore and it will blowup unless you do major engine work. I may end up staying with the stock turbo thru the winter and decide next year what to do. Might sell it. I prefer a good low to mid hit over crazy HP. I'm probably nitpicking about losing between 2000 and 2750, most likely never notice it. Well see. Keep in touch. If you do other mods suggest to go with cp-e for IC (I think best one out there), intake 3" down pipe, all plumbing and Thermal R and D for exhaust. I went 3" inches on everything. Good luck.

Stan

OEM bottom end is good to about ~350 Wheel HP. Between about 365 and 400 Wheel HP you start to have melting pistons if they get pushed too hard, and cracking pistons if they don't get warm enough before you flog them. If you go ablove 400 Wheel HP, the stock pistons will probably fail very quickly.

Stock fueling limits you to about ~310 ish HP. Depends on the setup. Car is perfectly fine at 350 with aux fueling...just pushing it past that on OEM pistons gets sketchy. Water methanol can help keep things cool as well.

Hi, thanks for the input. Confirming what I already know. No sense pushing it past 300. Way fast for the street. Challenge is to get it to the ground and so it does not screw handling. I'll concentrate on the chassis first with optimized stock turbo. I have a feeling I maybe happy with that and might sell the 330. We'll see. I know fast. Just sold my Hayabusa, too much. 0-100 in low 5's if you can hang on. Few things faster on the street bike or car. I'm looking for a clean set of grey OEM rados with TPMS sensors. Know anybody ? Thanks, Stan

Hi, thanks for the input. Confirming what I already know. No sense pushing it past 300. Way fast for the street. Challenge is to get it to the ground and so it does not screw handling. I'll concentrate on the chassis first with optimized stock turbo. I have a feeling I maybe happy with that and might sell the 330. We'll see. I know fast. Just sold my Hayabusa, too much. 0-100 in low 5's if you can hang on. Few things faster on the street bike or car. I'm looking for a clean set of grey OEM rados with TPMS sensors. Know anybody ? Thanks, Stan
Main issue with traction isn't really HP, but more torque. You can have your tuner do a non-linear boost curve to where down low you might have only 21-22 psi, but then you can have it ramp up to maybe 24-25 PSI at redline.

I had a boost curve with stratified that went from about 23 psi down low tapering slowly to 25.5 at redline. Now that I am dailying 200 TW autocross tires, we are going with a 25.5 psi flat boost curve since I can actually get tracion in 2nd gear now.

You get a flatter torque curve and more traction with a non-linear boost curve. That and Cobb's timing based traction control are the best things to do if you don't want to run soft tires every day.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #136
Updated dyno from a couple weeks ago.

Dyno - Dynojet 248 / 4th gear pulls

Fuel - E30 (TunePlus)
Intake - Mountune full, ITG crossover
Turbo - VT330R
Exhaust - Ported stock manifold, Mountune Sport Cat downpipe, Enhance Performance Ultimate cat back

SAE

Standard

Last edited:
OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #137
Updated dyno from this week. Finally making 300HP to the wheels [emoji41]

Dyno - Dynojet 248 / 4th gear pull

Fuel - E50 (TunePlus) w/single port Aux fuel
Intake - Peron High Flow, ITG crossover
Turbo - VT330R
Exhaust - Ported stock manifold, Mountune Sport Cat downpipe, Enhance Performance Ultimate cat back

SAE

Standard