Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking for black oem rims

Anyone wants to trade or sell their OEM 17" black rims?
I've got the silver ones, but love the black ones more.
Can't find them online.

Why not just paint them or plastidip them? They're the exact same, just black.
If you 'dip them you can just tear it off and redip them with a new color when you bored lol

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Anyone wants to trade or sell their OEM 17" black rims?
I've got the silver ones, but love the black ones more.
Can't find them online.
Go find a local Powder coating business ...go see some of their work. I did this with my stockers and they turned out great...its was about $320 out the door blasted and coated. One thing that's nice is you can use any powder you want to do your wheels. I Found a vendor that uses prismatic powders and I couldn't be happier. Check out my thread...Stockers all done up. [thumb]....good luck...oh are your wheels in mint shape or do you have curb rash?

OP
P
Thread Starter #5
Go find a local Powder coating business ...go see some of their work. I did this with my stockers and they turned out great...its was about $320 out the door blasted and coated. One thing that's nice is you can use any powder you want to do your wheels. I Found a vendor that uses prismatic powders and I couldn't be happier. Check out my thread...Stockers all done up. [thumb]....good luck...oh are your wheels in mint shape or do you have curb rash?
My wheels are brand new. Just drove the car off the lot. Dealership didn't want to order the rims from Ford, but instead directed me to a website where they sell Ford OEM stuff, but the rims aren't on them.

I thought of plastidip, but what I'd really like to get, is a glossy black color that looks like a dark metal. Not metallic. Metal.
Like those black metal saxophones you sometimes see sold online.
They're not painted regular glossy black, but have a reflective property like polished metal.

Which company does that?
Worst case, I could powdercoat it, to have a base to further paint the rims.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My wheels are brand new. Just drove the car off the lot. Dealership didn't want to order the rims from Ford, but instead directed me to a website where they sell Ford OEM stuff, but the rims aren't on them.

I thought of plastidip, but what I'd really like to get, is a glossy black color that looks like a dark metal. Not metallic. Metal.
Like those black metal saxophones you sometimes see sold online.
They're not painted regular glossy black, but have a reflective property like polished metal.

Which company does that?
Worst case, I could powdercoat it, to have a base to further paint the rims.

Go to prismatic powder coatings website....look at some pictures of the powder on numerous parts...ie wheels....metal parts...engine parts...etc. Then use the vendor locator on their site to find a vendor that uses their coating products. Its what I did here in MN.....I'm very happy with what I did with my Stock gray RADO wheels....made them a gold rubbed bronze instead! looks great! and even better in the sun! You will have to break down the wheels and bring the coater just the wheels and I think it took my guy like 3-5 days all said and done. I also have a wintertime set of Gunmetal RADOS with winter tires on them. So I did it when those were on my vehicle so I could still drive it...its my DD. Good luck and here's a pic of my wheels all done up! [thumb]

Here is Prismatics website gallery to view their powders and find a vendor..... https://www.prismaticpowders.com/gallery

slopoke

If you can't find a set within your acceptable driving radius, powder coat them. Prices for one used rim in good condition will be around $150.00 each from either Ebay or one of those places that sells used OEM wheels.

I was looking for a black rim a few months back for a spare and that's what I found. Don't forget to check out Craig's List.Good luck.

OP
P
Thread Starter #8
I've gone through several sites, and see a lot of nice, as well as a lot of crappy rims.
What I'm looking for, is rims that are attractive, but don't scream for attention.
Like,
I like these rims, but think they would just scream too much attention:

The stock black Fiesta ST rims, are nice looking without being over-pronounced.
Kind of like the OEM kia Rio rims, simple yet nice!:

The hardest part is to find 4x108 bolt pattern rims.
It's hard to find 4 bolt rims that are 16 or 17", but even harder with a 108 bolt pattern.

Go to prismatic powder coatings website....look at some pictures of the powder on numerous parts...ie wheels....metal parts...engine parts...etc. Then use the vendor locator on their site to find a vendor that uses their coating products. Its what I did here in MN.....I'm very happy with what I did with my Stock gray RADO wheels....made them a gold rubbed bronze instead! looks great! and even better in the sun! You will have to break down the wheels and bring the coater just the wheels and I think it took my guy like 3-5 days all said and done. I also have a wintertime set of Gunmetal RADOS with winter tires on them. So I did it when those were on my vehicle so I could still drive it...its my DD. Good luck and here's a pic of my wheels all done up! [thumb]

Here is Prismatics website gallery to view their powders and find a vendor..... https://www.prismaticpowders.com/gallery
Did yours have any rash? I want to powdercoat mine but one of them has it really bad, and I'm not sure if that'll make it a non-starter.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did yours have any rash? I want to powdercoat mine but one of them has it really bad, and I'm not sure if that'll make it a non-starter.
None...My wheels have always been mint and I'm very careful to keep them that way...especially when driving by avoiding curbs and potholes when possible. Just see if you can get another wheel to complete your set to make them all nice again....[twothumb] You can get wheels refurbished sometimes by the way...just have to do some searching for a business that can!

OP
P
Thread Starter #13
Why not just paint them or plastidip them? They're the exact same, just black.
If you 'dip them you can just tear it off and redip them with a new color when you bored lol
I just saw I can buy plastidip as a spray can.
Might be an interesting project.
Just not sure how the plastidip will hold over time (heat, elements?)

I just saw I can buy plastidip as a spray can.
Might be an interesting project.
Just not sure how the plastidip will hold over time (heat, elements?)
A lot of people use it for rims and stuff. They say if done right it'll last 3 years on the car's body - I'm not sure about on rims though.
My oem rims were done in black, but it was just a stop-gap for about a month until I got my rota recces put on today.

To do rims right though, you'll need about 4 cans of dip, by the way.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
One can at least for each wheel...or you will have a jolly time picking it off the wheels when you get tired of it. If it was me I'd lost powder coat them.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk