Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wires in the trunk?

My 2017 FiST, when popping open the trunk, and the base board, revealing the spare tire, I see there are 2 wires on a small plastic box; right behind the rear seat.
I have no pic, but found one from an older fiesta.
It seems to be the same wire, but on the older model, it goes straight under the trunk, without small plastic box connector.
It's at about 10 to 11 o clock on the spare tire, 4 inches away or so:

It's for the charcoal canister. Look up under the car, you'll see where the wires pass through the sheet metal and connect to the canister.

It's for the charcoal canister. Look up under the car, you'll see where the wires pass through the sheet metal and connect to the canister.
I noticed water around the rubber seal of that wiring assembly today... Any thoughts on if this points to a leak/loose connection or how to trace it?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
It's possible that the water is leaking from a source(s) other than the grommet, but is merely collecting at the grommet on its way to the wheel well.

The way to locate the leak is to have someone hose down the exterior, top/sides/underneath, while you observe from the inside.

Until you figure out the issue, it's a good idea to pull up the spare and keep the well dry. The wheel and worse, your car's body will start to rust out if it remains damp/wet.

There is an excellent video posted by @speedyspaghetti in this water intrusion thread here...
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/water-intrusion-issue-resolved.23553/post-435429
That video has most known/common sources for water leakage.