Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member 11 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Miami, FL
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by mindmaster View Post
    Sounds like a really Chevy fan. It wasn’t a good idea moving to Ford in my opinion.

Too many advantages for a 2011 car.

Good luck!
    Chevy just has been good to me. It may also not be a good comparison, to compare a fiesta to a Cruze.
    If anything, it should be compared to a spark or Sonic.
    The Cruze has more $$ spent on a comfy and reliable ride, while Ford has more $$ spent on their FiSTs on performance.

They got performance right. But since the Cruze was the first gen, it still had some major issues that weren't engineered well (like there was a 'leaking coolant' bug, that would end up costing $1k ($3k with the dealer), every other year). The first year was under warranty; and I wasn't feeling for paying that amount every 2-3 years.
    If it was a headlight or other minor issue that went out, I wouldn't have done the swap.
    That being said, despite the fact that the FiST feels lighter, and cheaper made, it's not bad at all.

Just didn't like the fact that the car cost $17k, and after my tradein I still owed the company $17k. Is almost like I sold my car to them for free!

Member 97 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Menifee
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
    the sound symposer delete is something I'd like to perform. No need for a street car to have engine noises like that.
    Does the Sound Symposer send sound to the driver side (left front) on the dash?

I'm thinking of leaving it in, but just plugging up the hose that reaches the cabin. Should be possible to find a $3 plug.
    You can get a 1" expansion plug and either put it in the boost pipe or the symposer itself. Costs 3 bucks at AutoZone.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Member 217 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
    Chevy just has been good to me. It may also not be a good comparison, to compare a fiesta to a Cruze.
    If anything, it should be compared to a spark or Sonic.
    The Cruze has more $$ spent on a comfy and reliable ride, while Ford has more $$ spent on their FiSTs on performance.

They got performance right. But since the Cruze was the first gen, it still had some major issues that weren't engineered well (like there was a 'leaking coolant' bug, that would end up costing $1k ($3k with the dealer), every other year). The first year was under warranty; and I wasn't feeling for paying that amount every 2-3 years.
    If it was a headlight or other minor issue that went out, I wouldn't have done the swap.
    That being said, despite the fact that the FiST feels lighter, and cheaper made, it's not bad at all.

Just didn't like the fact that the car cost $17k, and after my tradein I still owed the company $17k. Is almost like I sold my car to them for free!
    Well you are correct the Cruze is upstream model range from the Fiesta. The Cruze is direct competition to a Focus. That would be the car to compare to your Cruze eco .
    Comparing the Fiesta to a Sonic would be correct and Fiesta’s own Sonics. Lol

On your pricing welcome to getting burned by dealer trade ins. Rarely do they work in the customers favor amd usually yes you wind up giving them the car for free. I always recommend one sell there car privately and them go to the dealer to buy the new one. Problem is if one is grossly upside down sometimes trade in is the only option if they want the new car.

Member 334 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Grosse Pointe Woods
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Welcome !!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12