Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Too many miles and not enough sleep... almost did a bad thing.

Been driving a company truck and trailer for events for the past month, and have racked up about 6,000 miles during that time behind the wheel of a dually.
Drove my FIST for the first time today, and out of muscle memory and lack of sleep, reached for the diesel pump and tried to shove it in my car. Luckily it didn't feel quite right and I caught myself before I squeezed the handle. Oops.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's why the diesel Nozzle is Larger than the gas....But I have seen square pegs put into round holes before....good thing you caught it! [wrenchin]

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #3
Yeah... good thing they aren't the same size, or my weekend plans might have taken quite a turn for the worse.

My buddy used to put diesel. In his 1949 Dodge for a joke. And pretend it was a accident. That old flathead 6 smoked. Like it was running on coal.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
................. Drove my FIST for the first time today, and out of muscle memory and lack of sleep, reached for the diesel pump and tried to shove it in my car. ....................
Anybody here ever drive an automatic shift, and out of "muscle memory", take that left foot and STAB the brake pedal approaching an intersection? [facepalm] I've done it twice. One was a rental car. Fortunately no one was behind me either time.

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #7
No, but I’m grabbing at a ghost column shifter in my car, and trying to stomp a non-existent foot parking brake.