Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fuel Options

Hey guys,
I am pretty new to the modification world so I figured I'd ask you all what route you would go. As of right now I am simply running my COBB RMM and COBB accessport. I have ready to install a Velossa Tech Big Mouth, DV+ Diverter Valve aswell as a CP-E intake. I aim to have a FMIC in the next month or so. I am lost in regards to fuel. Since day 1 I have been running Shell due to its claim of being ethanol free. Truthfully I'm not sure if I believe it/truly understand if it's really worth it. My alternative would be running Petro-Canada 94 octane. A local shop I pick up a fair amount of parts from tunes majority of their Subarus to 94 octane. I would like to know what you guys would recommend. Also, if you guys could explain E30-E85 and the purpose/parts required to run it I would appreciate the info; is either available in Ontario?

Thanks for your time

E85 is higher octane, burns colder, but requires more volume of fuel. Going straight e85 would be like race fuel, but unfortunately our fuel pump cant keep up with the volume at pure e85. By combining e85 and 93 octane gasohol (e10, or 10% ethanol by volume), we can get a mixture thats higher octane than regular gas, but doesnt require more volume than the direct injection/fuel pump can put out. E30 seems to be a good blend. Aside from a tune and careful mixing of gas, nothing else is needed. But be ready to hang on to your steering wheel!

A few vendors offer tunes. Ive gotten 3. I like my dizzy tune the most. I got a 93 + e30 combo and both are exceptional.

i too am a recently-new fiST owner and have been wondering the same thing. I wish there was a ots tune for 94 in canada.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Hey guys,
I am pretty new to the modification world so I figured I'd ask you all what route you would go. As of right now I am simply running my COBB RMM and COBB accessport. I have ready to install a Velossa Tech Big Mouth, DV+ Diverter Valve aswell as a CP-E intake. I aim to have a FMIC in the next month or so. I am lost in regards to fuel. Since day 1 I have been running Shell due to its claim of being ethanol free. Truthfully I'm not sure if I believe it/truly understand if it's really worth it. My alternative would be running Petro-Canada 94 octane. A local shop I pick up a fair amount of parts from tunes majority of their Subarus to 94 octane. I would like to know what you guys would recommend. Also, if you guys could explain E30-E85 and the purpose/parts required to run it I would appreciate the info; is either available in Ontario?

Thanks for your time
Just to add, e30 tunes will give you a good gain over just 94, but you gotta make sure you know the actual ethanol percentage, I think in Canada e85 means at least actual e80 but down here in the states it can be as low as e51... Anyway, you just put in 3 parts premium, anything at least 91 octane if it saves you money, to 1 part e85 if you order an e30 tune and it's like 15 free HP and 20 torque, if not more over say just a 94 tune. If you order from Dizzy right now, you get the e30 tune free and it's a very smooth safe tune! You load both on to your AP and if changing over just wait about 10km after the fuel change to change over your tune and you are set!