Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
22 Likes

Thread: New to ST and need some help

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Pleasant Garden
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesSilver15ST View Post
    thanks for all the input everyone. i did not intend to start a roast of that guy. any way looking around the engine bay and underneath i dont see anything else that dosent look factory to me. i am still concerned that about the tune, but having just dropped all my cash on the car an accessport is going to have to wait. i have been looking for more info about these cars using coolant and i havent seen a definitive answer as to where its going. also are there any substitutes for motorcraft orange coolant? beside flushing it out and replacing it with something else.
    Just order some from RockAuto. I would use the OEM coolant. Fill it up and see how much you are using.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Member 97 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Greensburg
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for all the input everyone. i did not intend to start a roast of that guy. any way looking around the engine bay and underneath i dont see anything else that dosent look factory to me. i am still concerned that about the tune, but having just dropped all my cash on the car an accessport is going to have to wait. i have been looking for more info about these cars using coolant and i havent seen a definitive answer as to where its going. also are there any substitutes for motorcraft orange coolant? beside flushing it out and replacing it with something else.

Regarding a tune, (I'm pretty sure that) uninstalling an AccessPort uninstalls the tune from your car as well. An AccessPort that has not been uninstalled from a car is practically worthless as Cobb will change as much to force-unpair a used AP as they are selling for. So it's a pretty good bet that, whether your car was ever tuned, it isn't now.
    Last edited by D1JL; 05-14-2018 at 01:48 AM. Reason: unnecessary comment

Staff Team Staff Team 1035 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner D1JL's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    SFV, So.Cal.
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Just my 2 cents worth.

If you are going to buy coolant from RockAuto (good place).
    Get the CONCENTRATED otherwise you are just shipping 50% water.

Dave
    Modifying cars is a sickness.....and I have it.

Click The Links Below to See what I Have Done.

Member 100 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Phoenix
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Make sure that you use distilled water to mix with the concentrated coolant.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    cheyenne
    State
    WY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the info about the accessport, I am new to tuners and wasn't sure how that worked. Are there any common problems with the ST that I should be on the lookout for. Also about the coolant issue when I open the coolant reservoir the cap was very difficult to unscrew, is this common or could that it be related to losing coolant somewhere?

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    New Castle
    State
    DE
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the info about the accessport, I am new to tuners and wasn't sure how that worked. Are there any common problems with the ST that I should be on the lookout for. Also about the coolant issue when I open the coolant reservoir the cap was very difficult to unscrew, is this common or could that it be related to losing coolant somewhere?
    Most common issue is the blend door actuator. If you hear a lot of clicking from your climate system and it blows only hot or cold air, that is likely the cause. Can find plenty of info on that in here along with ways to order the part and fix yourself. Other than that, pretty smooth sailing for anyone that isn't trying to push a ton of boost and power from what I've read.

As for the coolant cap, I don't know the technical term for its construction, but pressure builds up in the reservoir/system and the cap is made in a way that as you loosen, it gets to a section where it will release any pressure, but not come off. As you keep going it will eventually come off. But yeah, it doesn't feel smooth and takes a little while. But that is better than getting blasted with hot-ass coolant!

Senior Member 255 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    Congrats on the car. You need to fill your coolant reservoir quick.
    Probably why he sold it... quick. I'd never knowingly buy manglified vehicle.
    It'll be a good learning experience.

http://fox6now.com/2017/03/29/ford-r...latch-trouble/
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12