Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New to ST and need some help

[/URL][/IMG]

I have just got my first ST (silver 2015 Fiesta ST) and I know it has been modded some I just do not know how much.

[/URL][/IMG]

First is ride height. I was looking at my friends 2017 ST and mine appears lower than his, mine is also two years older and has 23K miles. Is there any way to tell if this has been lowered and possibly what brand.

[/URL][/IMG]

next under the hood, obviously I can see it has an injen CAI. but is there anything else I'm missing?

[/URL][/IMG]

I do not know if this is stock or not? (correct me if I'm wrong) this is a mishimoto BOV. But which one or what model I'm lost.

[/URL][/IMG]

this was the best picture of the intercooler I could get without taking the bumper off. Is this stock or after market if so what brand is this?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Wellcome, you have a Treadstone aftermarket intercooler. Also thats a Mishimoto oil catch can, not a blowoff valve. Mishimoto does not makes blowoff valves.
Have you looked at your exhaust? I would want to put that car on a Lift and see whats going on underneath in the suspension areas.

OP
J
Thread Starter #4
I Have looked at the exhaust, it appears to be stock (muffler has FoMoCo stamped on it). thanks for the info on the oil catch can, I wouldn't have guessed that. Where is the BOV located so i can look at it also i would bet its an aftermarket one it is really loud (louder than my friends stock 2017). also I forgot in first post, how can find out if it has a tune in it? all that i have to go on right now is that it has COBB wallpapers saved on the dash.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I Have looked at the exhaust, it appears to be stock (muffler has FoMoCo stamped on it). thanks for the info on the oil catch can, I wouldn't have guessed that. Where is the BOV located so i can look at it also i would bet its an aftermarket one it is really loud (louder than my friends stock 2017). also I forgot in first post, how can find out if it has a tune in it? all that i have to go on right now is that it has COBB wallpapers saved on the dash.
You need an Access Port from Cobb to check. Unless you plan on keeping it stock you will probably want an access port anyways as its the way to flash tune our cars.

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
I figured as much. I really just want co make sure i know what all has been done aftermarket wise before i spend a bunch of money on stuff i might not need. either way i am in love with this car.

Is it normal for it to feel like the power only comes on fully in second gear and higher? or is that possibly part of the tuning that it may have.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I figured as much. I really just want co make sure i know what all has been done aftermarket wise before i spend a bunch of money on stuff i might not need. either way i am in love with this car.

Is it normal for it to feel like the power only comes on fully in second gear and higher? or is that possibly part of the tuning that it may have.
On the stock tune first gear feels muted. The RPMs go up, but the power doesn’t seem to be on tap like the other gears. This makes me think that you’re on the factory tune.

Pay close attention to what jeff was saying. Some older models have a tendency to burn through coolant. I’m not getting into why that is right now, but you can look it up, and find the answers yourself. Keep a close eye on your coolant, and congrats!

HBEcoBeaST

First gear is pretty short and useless for anything but parking lots and getting going from a stop.

Looks like you got some goodies with your purchase. Just be careful in case it has a tune requiring specific fuel.

Silver FiST look the best!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The Mishi catch can unscrews at the seam so it can be drained unless it had the optional drain kit installed.

OP
J
Thread Starter #10
thanks for all the input everyone. i did not intend to start a roast of that guy. any way looking around the engine bay and underneath i dont see anything else that dosent look factory to me. i am still concerned that about the tune, but having just dropped all my cash on the car an accessport is going to have to wait. i have been looking for more info about these cars using coolant and i havent seen a definitive answer as to where its going. also are there any substitutes for motorcraft orange coolant? beside flushing it out and replacing it with something else.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
thanks for all the input everyone. i did not intend to start a roast of that guy. any way looking around the engine bay and underneath i dont see anything else that dosent look factory to me. i am still concerned that about the tune, but having just dropped all my cash on the car an accessport is going to have to wait. i have been looking for more info about these cars using coolant and i havent seen a definitive answer as to where its going. also are there any substitutes for motorcraft orange coolant? beside flushing it out and replacing it with something else.
Just order some from RockAuto. I would use the OEM coolant. Fill it up and see how much you are using.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

Regarding a tune, (I'm pretty sure that) uninstalling an AccessPort uninstalls the tune from your car as well. An AccessPort that has not been uninstalled from a car is practically worthless as Cobb will change as much to force-unpair a used AP as they are selling for. So it's a pretty good bet that, whether your car was ever tuned, it isn't now.

Last edited by a moderator:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Just my 2 cents worth.

If you are going to buy coolant from RockAuto (good place).
Get the CONCENTRATED otherwise you are just shipping 50% water.

Dave

OP
J
Thread Starter #15
thanks for the info about the accessport, I am new to tuners and wasn't sure how that worked. Are there any common problems with the ST that I should be on the lookout for. Also about the coolant issue when I open the coolant reservoir the cap was very difficult to unscrew, is this common or could that it be related to losing coolant somewhere?

thanks for the info about the accessport, I am new to tuners and wasn't sure how that worked. Are there any common problems with the ST that I should be on the lookout for. Also about the coolant issue when I open the coolant reservoir the cap was very difficult to unscrew, is this common or could that it be related to losing coolant somewhere?
Most common issue is the blend door actuator. If you hear a lot of clicking from your climate system and it blows only hot or cold air, that is likely the cause. Can find plenty of info on that in here along with ways to order the part and fix yourself. Other than that, pretty smooth sailing for anyone that isn't trying to push a ton of boost and power from what I've read.

As for the coolant cap, I don't know the technical term for its construction, but pressure builds up in the reservoir/system and the cap is made in a way that as you loosen, it gets to a section where it will release any pressure, but not come off. As you keep going it will eventually come off. But yeah, it doesn't feel smooth and takes a little while. But that is better than getting blasted with hot-ass coolant!