Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Would a AP3 from a Focus ST have the OTS maps for a Fiesta ST?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I picked up Cobb Accessport this weekend from a guy who had it on his FoST. Its the AP3-FOR-001 model.

Does it already contain the Fiesta map or do i have to download it from Cobb?

Im looking for the OTS Stage 1 for 91 octane map.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Download the app from Cobb, hook it up to your PC and you'll see what maps are on it. If not there then downloading it and loading it isnt hard at all.

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Download the app from Cobb, hook it up to your PC and you'll see what maps are on it. If not there then downloading it and loading it isnt hard at all.
Thanks. Going to check it out today when i get home.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thanks. Going to check it out today when i get home.
Yep, it's as easy is downloading their "Acessport Manager" and connecting it to your computer... it will almost certainly have the Focus tunes on there, you can just erase them all and download the latest version Fiesta ones from the Cobb web site. Even buying used, you get good support from them with nice little canned emails treating you like you just bought new, LOL... Anyway, mine came with REALLY old versions of tunes, the PO literally just flashed his car, put it away and never touched it again until he uninstalled to sell to me. For fun I got all the free tunes I could, 91 and 93 octanes, valet mode and low boost/eco/poor weather mode... But now that I got a Stratified tune, I have no interest in flashing the car back over to Cobb, but I do admit that even the stage 1 tune helped more than I thought, it really frees up the low power that Ford neuters... but for only $75 with the options I wanted, I'm REALLY happy I got the Stratified.

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I'll probably end up getting a Stratified tune as well, but i just want see how much the tuner changes the car.

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Ended clearing out my AP3 from all the Focus ST maps and i stalled the Stage 1 91octane map for my fiesta.

Car seems to pull harder down low.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Ended clearing out my AP3 from all the Focus ST maps and i stalled the Stage 1 91octane map for my fiesta.

Car seems to pull harder down low.
Yep, all tunes will run out of steam up top with the stock turbo anyway, but the Cobb restores some easy torque the little turbo wants to make with also a few more HP down low... The Stratified will almost double those gains, scroll down to the 2nd chart HERE to see your 91 octane gains... if you have e85 available readily and cheaply like many areas that get 91, then I'd add that to the tune as well, the e30 mix chart is the first pic... also their traction control is better than Cobb too, you just have to remember to press the button for Sport Mode to turn off the Ford one to use it, but worth the $10 for sure.

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Yep, all tunes will run out of steam up top with the stock turbo anyway, but the Cobb restores some easy torque the little turbo wants to make with also a few more HP down low... The Stratified will almost double those gains, scroll down to the 2nd chart HERE to see your 91 octane gains... if you have e85 available readily and cheaply like many areas that get 91, then I'd add that to the tune as well, the e30 mix chart is the first pic... also their traction control is better than Cobb too, you just have to remember to press the button for Sport Mode to turn off the Ford one to use it, but worth the $10 for sure.
Cobb traction control? Wut....

Other than the torque bump, what other goodies come with the OTS Stage 1? I know i saw something about "5k burnout", but i dont know what that referred to.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Cobb traction control? Wut....

Other than the torque bump, what other goodies come with the OTS Stage 1? I know i saw something about "5k burnout", but i dont know what that referred to.
It's low to mid HP too, but the Cobb traction control is timing based instead of the abrupt fuel cut with Ford's... You also can set an RPM for launching, flat foot shifting where you don't take your foot off the gas when shifting and yes, I think burnout mode that will let you spin the tires, but I've never tried that... When you order from Stratified, it costs only like $75 depending on options, but they improve the tune performance and Cobb's version of traction control, if you don't order TC, you are stuck with Ford's, it doesn't get the Cobb at that point because you are using a whole different file on the AP... Hope this helps and makes sense, I was a noob too and to learn all this myself!

redmoe

It's low to mid HP too, but the Cobb traction control is timing based instead of the abrupt fuel cut with Ford's... You also can set an RPM for launching, flat foot shifting where you don't take your foot off the gas when shifting and yes, I think burnout mode that will let you spin the tires, but I've never tried that... When you order from Stratified, it costs only like $75 depending on options, but they improve the tune performance and Cobb's version of traction control, if you don't order TC, you are stuck with Ford's, it doesn't get the Cobb at that point because you are using a whole different file on the AP... Hope this helps and makes sense, I was a noob too and to learn all this myself!
This is not entirely accurate, if you do not opt for Stratified’s traction control the Cobb version is still available. I confirmed this with Stratified over the phone. I noticed that the Cobb version was there accidentally when doing a data log for the e30 torque refinement.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
This is not entirely accurate, if you do not opt for Stratified’s traction control the Cobb version is still available. I confirmed this with Stratified over the phone. I noticed that the Cobb version was there accidentally when doing a data log for the e30 torque refinement.
Nice! That's good to know, thank you for clarifying... Since I ordered the Stratified TC I never got to see what the Cobb would do with the power from the Stratified tune, I wonder just how much the Stratified is any better now!