Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is This The Future Of Ford?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
We have heard that Ford is keeping the Mustang.
We have heard that future plans may include an SUV that is based on the Mustang.
We all know that Ford has not put out a 2 door car in the US other than the Mustang for a very long time.
Could this be what is next but maybe a little taller as an SUV?

Dave

I must say that it looks better than I thought a 4 door Mustang would look.

They could compete directly with the Kia Stinger with that. It kind of reminds me of it actually.

Business6

I must say that it looks better than I thought a 4 door Mustang would look.

They could compete directly with the Kia Stinger with that. It kind of reminds me of it actually.
Both thoughts are what first came to mind for me as well. Not my style but certainly better than what I thought it would look like.

I kind of feel like they're going to go Star Wars with the Mustang without the other models because that's all they can sell. Mustang waffle iron. Mustang golf cart. Mustang mailbox. All at your local Must--Ford dealer.

Both thoughts are what first came to mind for me as well. Not my style but certainly better than what I thought it would look like.

I kind of feel like they're going to go Star Wars with the Mustang without the other models because that's all they can sell. Mustang waffle iron. Mustang golf cart. Mustang mailbox. All at your local Must--Ford dealer.

If you saw my local dealer... I think they have the biggest building of all the dealers around, there's probably half of those cars that are Mustangs. Looking at their website right now: they have 8 new Mustangs, 19 used, 18 of those are GT premium and all of those GT premiums are 2017 models sold as used with around 20000km. They are all inside I believe. The only car they have more of is the F-150 (in used, new they have more Focus and Escape).

To be fair, it does looks much worse because they are all inside right up in your face. They have tons of other cars outside, but they are fucking proud of their Mustang inventory.

I could see them producing a Mustang-based four-door someday if they think the market for it exists, but I bet they would call it something else (maybe a retro name like Galaxie, Falcon, etc.?) to avoid the risk of alienating Mustang and pony car purists. How fast would Chevrolet and Dodge pounce with their marketing if Ford blinked first and "sold out" the Mustang legacy by making a sedan?

Bloody hell, make this abomination a Lincoln, slap on the Aston grill, and boom there’s your 6 series beater...

And I might consider one... [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Bloody hell, make this abomination a Lincoln, slap on the Aston grill, and boom there’s your 6 series beater...

And I might consider one... [emoji4]

Yeah not bad at all, would be kind of cool. Just keep the V8.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I would be more excited by the.development of an awd Mustang shooting brake.
Make it a Lincoln, then you’re talking.

Mustang should stay a mustang, unless they make it smaller, toss a lift back on it, leave it RWD and call it a Capris... [emoji848]

Awd is less important to me than a bit of added utility with a hatchback design. I found the Fox Mustang 3 doors i owned to be both sporty and practical. Plus they were easier to weld a cage into than the notchback hardtop.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Here's one of there " Better ideas " LOL
Description: Ford and Lincoln are considering a new feature which will dispense fresh water inside your vehicle from an on-board reservoir. Water would be dispensed on demand into a personal water bottle or other vessel.

Water Collection: An on board reservoir is filled by harvesting water vapor from the air via condensation – a process called Atmospheric Water Generation. This water-collection method is currently used for humanitarian aid projects and in military applications.

Water Purification: No chemical disinfectants such as Fluoride or Chlorine are used. The automatic water purification process is called Ozone Purification, and is similar to methods used by many premium bottled water brands. Overall cleanliness of the water exceeds tap water standards.

Here's one of there " Better ideas " LOL
Description: Ford and Lincoln are considering a new feature which will dispense fresh water inside your vehicle from an on-board reservoir. Water would be dispensed on demand into a personal water bottle or other vessel.

Water Collection: An on board reservoir is filled by harvesting water vapor from the air via condensation – a process called Atmospheric Water Generation. This water-collection method is currently used for humanitarian aid projects and in military applications.

Water Purification: No chemical disinfectants such as Fluoride or Chlorine are used. The automatic water purification process is called Ozone Purification, and is similar to methods used by many premium bottled water brands. Overall cleanliness of the water exceeds tap water standards.
IIRC BMW was fiddling with this idea a while back. Aside from filtering the water effectively enough, the idea is very simple. "Atmospheric water generation" makes it sound elaborate, but all they would be doing is taking the water condensate that drips from the evaporator coil of your HVAC system. Normally it just drains out the bottom of the car. Under most conditions, you could reliably "harvest" at least a liter per hour. My biggest concern would be the filtering though. I know filters have come a long way in recent years, but a wet, dark, dirty air duct is a great environment for all sorts of nasty things to grow like the legionnella (the organism that causes legionaire's disease). I'd feel a lot more comfortable if they had something like a UV purification lamp in there to prevent that.