Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Great driving route in NC.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Between Liberty, and Asheboro North Carolina there's a road called Old Liberty Road. It has multiple one way bridges non-stop curves. Start at Old Liberty Road at the 421 intersection drive all the way down to Asheboro, I promise you won't be disappointed. Very fun found out about this road looking up curvy roads on motorcycle forms. Speed limits are liberal for what it is, if you are worried about that. If anyone ever wants to meet up, and drive let me know. I live close by, and I have a garage full of tools, and a whole rack of Chemical Guys cleaning products.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
Oh how I'm reminded of how dead these forms actually are.

That part of the country is definitely on my bucket list to drive. Probably the best driving roads ( from what I’ve read ) east of the Mississippi.

I regularly make trips to the mountains/foothills around Western NC. An amazing abundance of driving roads in the area. All this hot weather is making me realize how much I want an upgraded IC for my car.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Between Liberty, and Asheboro North Carolina there's a road called Old Liberty Road. It has multiple one way bridges non-stop curves. Start at Old Liberty Road at the 421 intersection drive all the way down to Asheboro, I promise you won't be disappointed. Very fun found out about this road looking up curvy roads on motorcycle forms. Speed limits are liberal for what it is, if you are worried about that. If anyone ever wants to meet up, and drive let me know. I live close by, and I have a garage full of tools, and a whole rack of Chemical Guys cleaning products.

I'm pretty sure I've been on that road, and it was great. A motorcycle friend told me about it. I went through Liberty, then a few miles out heading west on the same road crossed a larger road that may have been 421, then the good part started. Does that sound like the same thing?
Do you have a feel for whether cops keep an eye on that road? I'm a mostly retired lawyer who handled lots of tickets and am trying to avoid getting one in this tempting car.
Thanks for posting this and reminding me about this road, I've been meaning to get back there, I'm about 45 minutes away.

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Yep that's the one for sure. I've been up and down it a handful of times definitely going faster than one should, and I've never seen any law enforcement.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Yep that's the one for sure. I've been up and down it a handful of times definitely going faster than one should, and I've never seen any law enforcement.

Good to know, I'm going to get back there sometime. How far did you go after it crossed 421? I went 10 miles or so and turned around.

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Good to know, I'm going to get back there sometime. How far did you go after it crossed 421? I went 10 miles or so and turned around.
I go all the way down until you see a sign that says welcome to Asheboro, or Asheboro City Limits. There's a industrial area on the left, and I turn around in the parking lot and go back up.

Might be a bit out of the way but NC80 is a really fun one too. Not terribly long but lots of tight turns. "Little Switzerland" isn't too far away from NC80 also.

zanethan

Old Charlotte Hwy between Shelby and Asheville is another good one. Although there is law enforcement more present on that one.

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Yeah it's a decent road I'm around most weekends.

Old Charlotte Hwy between Shelby and Asheville is another good one. Although there is law enforcement more present on that one.
That's a good one for sure. Sadly, it always has tons of traffic especially closer to Lake Lure/Chiminey Rock. Another good one is Hwy 80 from Marion to the Blue Ridge Parkway. It can be a bit narrow, but has proven to be fun on 2 wheels and the FiST. Once you're up in the mountains, there are more fun roads than you can count.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Another good one is Hwy 80 from Marion to the Blue Ridge Parkway. It can be a bit narrow, but has proven to be fun on 2 wheels and the FiST.
I love that road, my family used to go to a summer cabin up that way. I hope to get up there in this car, I enjoyed it in the past in a Prelude and an Integra GSR.