Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The U.S.enginering father of the Fist is moving to Jaguar/Landrover.....

Jamal Hameedi is gone from Ford. He was the project manager on the 2005 Ford GT. He also was instrumental in the development of the American market Focus RS, Shelby GT350 and F150 Raptor. He will be an important part of Jaguar and Landrover special vehicles group.
JLR is all about performance and luxury. I am particularly fond of the F type sportscar and the Evoque small suv. He will enjoy a fruitful career with them.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The only SUVs I would ever own would be a jaguar, or a Range Rover. I absolutely love the Jaguar F-Type sports car. Best sounding exhaust system ever made. If I ever hit the jackpot I will have a F-Type in my driveway.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Sad to see him leave Ford, but I would do the same if I was him. Raj was another one that I was sad to see go, but that was under different circumstances.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Jamal Hameedi is gone from Ford. He was the project manager on the 2005 Ford GT. He also was instrumental in the development of the American market Focus RS, Shelby GT350 and F150 Raptor. He will be an important part of Jaguar and Landrover special vehicles group.
JLR is all about performance and luxury. I am particularly fond of the F type sportscar and the Evoque small suv. He will enjoy a fruitful career with them.
They make an Evoque convertible....believe it or don't...just like the Nissan Murano convertible...hideous as all hell too.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Scotman2
Thread Starter #5
I've sat in one. It makes more sense when you realise that LandRovers are sold in many sunny or tropical climates. I understand them to be popular in the pacific rim and French and Italian Riviera. The Evoque also has the distinction of being the last product that was developed in the Ford ownership era. The Evoque engine is a development of the Focus ST engine block.

The only SUVs I would ever own would be a jaguar, or a Range Rover. I absolutely love the Jaguar F-Type sports car. Best sounding exhaust system ever made. If I ever hit the jackpot I will have a F-Type in my driveway.

The FType depreciates a lot over the years. A ’14 V8S can be had for roughly half of the original MSRP. Ditto for the V6. Some ‘14s have some manufacturer warranty left on them so you have time to work out any bugs the might crop up.

OP
Scotman2
Thread Starter #8
The FType depreciates a lot over the years. A ’14 V8S can be had for roughly half of the original MSRP. Ditto for the V6. Some ‘14s have some manufacturer warranty left on them so you have time to work out any bugs the might crop up.
Depreciation is whats great with expensive cars. The other great thing is that good engineering in em does not lose value.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Obviously you've never owned either of these money pits. I'd steer clear of both of I was you

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Scotman2
Thread Starter #10
I have driven both Landrover and Jaguars that have 85 to 120 thousand miles on them and maintenance costs were higher. But the cars ran and drove nicely. Are there some problems possible? Yes. But this holds true for all cars.