Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Racing Exhaust Anyone Yet?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Yeah, whats up with that? Waiting for Mountune
When I installed my Borla, I had to get new hangers that were shorter because the tips sat about an inch to low. I also had to bend the hanger hook on the back section to get it to sit straight.

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #63
When I installed my Borla, I had to get new hangers that were shorter because the tips sat about an inch to low. I also had to bend the hanger hook on the back section to get it to sit straight.
And you are making 200 wheel horsepower on the stock turbo so .... def isn't restricting much

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Anyone have issues with fitment on the Ford Racing Catback?
I was going to get it but ended up with Mountune(also carried by Ford racing and dealers). The ST ford racing variant is a rebranded Borla exhaust. Ford racing also has one for the non ST so get the correct one.

So am I correct in understanding that I can purchase a Mountune exhaust through my dealership and have it installed under warranty?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
So am I correct in understanding that I can purchase a Mountune exhaust through my dealership and have it installed under warranty?
Correct you can order the mountune exhaust from a Ford dealer (i did). Just check Ford racing and search for fiesta for all the parts. The install of the cbe will not void warranty but you will need to pay for install,but any certified/license mechanic can install it and not void warranty.

Reviving old thread. I'm considering an FRPP exhaust. Did anyone else try it out? This thread was mostly about Cobb and Mountune...

I have it and love it.
I think a for sale ad of yours came up when I was searching. I guess you kept it, then.

I'm leaning towards this one or mountune, mainly because they seem to have a bit of a "longevity" factor due to ford endorsing the product. I was thinking mbrp originally simply because of price, but the more I think about it, I'd like to have just enough noise to hear it in the cabin, but not so much that I attract unwanted attention - I want to be able to shift by sound, but I don't want a "riced-out fart-can" type of exhaust.

Would you say this fits the bill?

Also, any idea how this system compares to stock, weight-wise? The good ones seem like they are stuffed with something to absorb sound, so they are heavier.

Sent from my Spaceship

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I think a for sale ad of yours came up when I was searching. I guess you kept it, then.

I'm leaning towards this one or mountune, mainly because they seem to have a bit of a "longevity" factor due to ford endorsing the product. I was thinking mbrp originally simply because of price, but the more I think about it, I'd like to have just enough noise to hear it in the cabin, but not so much that I attract unwanted attention - I want to be able to shift by sound, but I don't want a "riced-out fart-can" type of exhaust.

Would you say this fits the bill?

Also, any idea how this system compares to stock, weight-wise? The good ones seem like they are stuffed with something to absorb sound, so they are heavier.

Sent from my Spaceship
Exactly what I'm looking for. Something deep, growling, yet subtle.

FRPP is a Borla clone. Same set up and performance. It just cost a lot more since you're paying for the FRPP name. Take a look at FSWerks. I have it and have zero complaints.