Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bilstein B8s from Pumaspeed in UK...Pricey

Soooo...being desperate for some rear B8s lead me to contact Pumaspeed in the UK via email. They can get them but they are 250 pounds and 50 pounds to ship, that would equal (as of today's exchange rate) to about $405.42 (plus VAT, so a bit more). Wow, basically about double the price here in the US...if they were available...that's the catch.

I asked about discounts if more were ordered and Tony said they could better the pricing. I replied back asking how many set would be needed for better pricing, 6 sets, 10 sets, 15 sets? I am waiting to hear back from him. I tried Euro Performance but they did not reply back.

FYI...I sent him the part number, he said it was the same part number in the UK as it is for our US spec cars.

I have no experience with group buys so I just ask if I got more interested if we could just place orders directly and let them know it was a part of the same group. So hopefully I will get a reply back soon and will pass on the info.

I don't know if I would drop the $400+ but sometimes I do crazy things. Especially because I have the fronts and have been waiting for an eternity for the rears. Also, what does one do with fronts only, not sure if I could return them after this long. Why would they take them back if they know they won't be sold and sit on their shelf.

What do you others in need of B8s think...

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #3
Got a reply, they can provide a slight discount at 5 sets and more at 10 sets. I am now asking for pricing for these amounts and will post as soon as I hear back.

Their current price is more than double what they go for here. I understand they’re back ordered but why not just get koni yellows for that price range?! I bought a used set of Koni STR.T rears to install with my front b8s until the rears come back in stock. Made a significant difference over oem rears.

I’ll keep an eye on this thread but even at 10 sets I don’t see them getting close to the < $200 shipped price tag I paid.

Their current price is more than double what they go for here. I understand they’re back ordered but why not just get koni yellows for that price range?! I bought a used set of Koni STR.T rears to install with my front b8s until the rears come back in stock. Made a significant difference over oem rears.

I’ll keep an eye on this thread but even at 10 sets I don’t see them getting close to the < $200 shipped price tag I paid.
I'm with blue2turbo. Even $200 for a pair is too much for these things, considering that they don't even have the upper mount attached.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #6
So I got a reply back...5 sets = 235 pounds ($317.25) and 10 sets = 225 pounds ($303.75). The price is still high but at 10 sets it is about $50 per higher, $100 per set more the if they were in stock here.

I am aware the price is high, that is why I started this post. I was just researching options. I have had the Koni Yellows before paired with Swift springs (1 Series). The set up worked great but I wasn't looking to spend that much for a spring set up this time around and would go coilovers if spending that much. I already have new B8 fronts in the garage and was just waiting for the rears like others.

Thanks all for the possible options and who knows what's next.

I am strongly considering the B8's, how is their valving? I want something that can handle a lot of "tarmac whoops" as most the backroads here in WA are pretty bouncy and the stocks lose all integrity after a few miles. Good purchase, or koni the better route (pay the price for adjustability)?

Nevermind, those are the exact ones I was looking at. Price seems much better

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Permanent Backorder jk, I ordered November 2017 and not expected until winter 2018. Although I have been extremely pretty happy with B6 front and stock rear. I would get koni but I worry would be some mismatch length specs in there.