Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3/Apple CarPlay touchscreen menu weirdness

There's an irritating quirk of the touchscreen display in Apple CarPlay that maybe others have encountered and figured out:

When I'm searching via the touchscreen for music files that are on my iPhone, if I press the Artists icon, about half the time I get "Recently Played Artists" instead of the alphabetical list of all artists, which drives me a little mad because I usually want to hear something different, not what I just heard recently.

I can't find any settings in the car's touchscreen menu or in iTunes Music to change this, but it seems like there ought to be a way to never display the Recently Played Artists screen. It's strange that sometimes that screen comes up, but other times the alphabetical list does. Maybe it's something to do with my aging iPhone 5S, which hasn't been updated to iOS 11?

Perhaps it's just a built-in feature designed to punish old-school music listeners like me for not streaming music or for using the touchscreen instead of voice commands. [scratch]

OP
ksvtguy170
Thread Starter #3
if I remember correctly, it does this if you're searching while the car is in motion. If the car is stopped/parked it'll give you the full list.
Just tried it--you're right! Wow, never figured that out before. I'm not crazy about it, but at least now I understand it. Thanks!