Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Calling all Opened Up Grills

zanethan

Looking to see some decent shots with the grill opened. Primarily looking for ones where the crash bar is painted. I've seen some the bar is sticker bombed and while I like the look I'm not sure I want it on my car. I'm going to be removing the front bumper in a week or so for a FMIC and Big Mouth Intake and that would be the perfect time to open it up I just wanted to see what others look at before making the first cut.

brbauer2

Here's crash bar right after painting it.

Here is a shot with my horns and lights mounted.

You're doing the same weekend project I did when I shaved it. Some tips: use a 1/4" or 3/8" (can't remember) bit and drill out the center of each opening from the front (after the bumper is removed). This removes a good chunk of the material. I then used an angle grinder with a 60 grit flap disk from the back side. Use caution to not overheat the plastic since it will melt into a pile of goop - quick passes from side to side.

I used satin black Rustoleum for painting the crash bar and the bar just behind it in front of the radiator. It's held up great. I've only had to touch it up last summer when I did the horns and lights because of the drilling and will be touching it up soon because the paint has flaked on the bolts I used. DO make sure to mask off the radiator well with some plastic or paper. Wouldn't hurt to wipe down the crash bar with some soap and water first to remove any road grime.

OP
zanethan

zanethan

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the tip and pictures! Do you happen have pictures from further away and from angles.

brbauer2

First two are with it shaved, last one is before.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I put one in behind the grill, mounted to the crash bar. It was pretty easy, except getting the wiring into the cabin for the switch. I eventually managed, though I never want to look at my fish tape again.

LaserWhisperer

Well I have a roof rack so it only makes sense to also put a 34in double row LED light bar in front of it. ;)
Any pics of the setup mounted on the car??? I'm considering doing something similar, just don't know how I feel about the light bar on the rack

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

No pics from when I did it, but I think I’ll be opening it up again next weekend to do some more work. I’ll take pics and post them. It really was a cinch. If you want to see the finished product I can take a pick right now.

That the Zunsport lower grille? Looks pretty nice with the stock upper grille. Better than I would have thought it would. Might have to get one so I don't have to stare at the shiny-ass Cobb intercooler (since they don't offer it in black). [like]

LaserWhisperer

No pics from when I did it, but I think I’ll be opening it up again next weekend to do some more work. I’ll take pics and post them. It really was a cinch. If you want to see the finished product I can take a pick right now.
If you have a pic of the bar on the rack, I'd love to see it!

Spaceman_Spiff

Any pics of the setup mounted on the car??? I'm considering doing something similar, just don't know how I feel about the light bar on the rack

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Same here. I don't want to be the guinea pig, I mean first to do it :) I'm actually a little more concerned with how it might affect fuel mileage with the additional drag... But looks comes in at a close second!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

brbauer2

That the Zunsport lower grille? Looks pretty nice with the stock upper grille. Better than I would have thought it would. Might have to get one so I don't have to stare at the shiny-ass Cobb intercooler (since they don't offer it in black). [like]
Hand made with material from customcargrills.com.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hand made with material from customcargrills.com.

Was it just pushed in and held in by the rubber border or is it screwed in somehow....I've looked into this before. What size of mesh did you buy and what size rubber tubing did you purchase brbauer?

Woods247

2000 Post Club

I’m considering going back to the stock crash bar and Cobb IC but this is how it sits now with the DHM crash bar, TiAL Q BOV and DHM Race IC. 2J Racing added the tow hook for me.