Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Downpipe on stock catback

Can you put a aftermarket downpipe on the stock exhaust? The general consensus seems to be that the stock cat-back is fine, but the downpipe is restrictive.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Most all DPs will connect right up to the stock exhaust just fine!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

You could, but you won't gain much if anything on the top end. Intercooler, water/meth, ethanol, and spark plugs all do more than swapping the down pipe out.

Quiet? I picked the FSWERKS exhaust for my car. I was replacing it with the turbo and it was the quietest I could find from my research. 2.5" with a clever straight though muffler design like a magnaflow. Good system, high quality metal, cheap, but they don't polish their exhausts to a shine like COBB does before sending them out. Hence, lower price. I painted mine with silver high-temp exhaust paint. Looks good, protects from salt if I would be living in a rustbelt in the next few years.

Since I looked around there's a few more options. I think there is a "thermal" something or another 3" exhaust that people say is quiet, but I might be misremembering.