Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Vudu shift plate fitment issues.

Hey all. I sent Woosh an email in the meantime, but I was wondering if anyone has reported any fitment issues with this kit. It appears to be extremely high quality, but I cannot for the life of me get it to fit together over the shifter arm. I have plenty of room to work with, but it’s as if the shifter arm is too thick or something. I tried for a good 30 mins of taking it on and off and trying different angles of attack, but it just won’t fit together over the arm. Any advice?

OP
P
Thread Starter #2
Update: got a very quick response from Ron. I’ll share to help anyone else having issues:

“no sir, it fits great and all customers that have installed it have loved it so far
it does have a tight tolerance for good reason
I suggest adding a little lubricant to the arm then clamp the vudu around the trans arm

get the bolts just started with a half to one turn then evenly since down ? dont crank it as it is only aluminum

the ball on top when located toward the single clamp bolt offset to the right is the 25% reduction

some people that can not gain the proper access to install this remove the battery and battery box
Many do not need to do this but it does take a lot of extra time fiddling with things as it is tight quarters there

Make sure the air box and induction tube are out of the way as well as the eval solenoid”

Will update after attempt #2. Thanks Ron!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
here's a picture from Instagram that I just snagged from another customer that just installed the vudu short shift

you have to install it loose and get all the bolts started then sinch them down evenly and slowly

don't listen to the other posts, your purchase was spot on, the cheaper options are not 25% reduction in shift throw, I have a video comparison coming from a tester just FYI

danbfree

3000 Post Club
How exactly does that help anything? Nick Cook from AET / VUDU actually races his FiST, does that make him better than Garrett? Of course not. So childish and lacks class.....
Are you actually calling me childish and lacking class for simply stating I'm glad I got an inexpensive one that was easy to install? Wow, and I thought I was doing a good thing constantly plugging your business everywhere I can online...

OP
P
Thread Starter #7
here's a picture from Instagram that I just snagged from another customer that just installed the vudu short shift

you have to install it loose and get all the bolts started then sinch them down evenly and slowly

don't listen to the other posts, your purchase was spot on, the cheaper options are not 25% reduction in shift throw, I have a video comparison coming from a tester just FYI
Thank you. As pictured, that is the 25% reduction position, correct?

Are you actually calling me childish and lacking class for simply stating I'm glad I got an inexpensive one that was easy to install? Wow, and I thought I was doing a good thing constantly plugging your business everywhere I can online...
You basically bagged on one of his suppliers, albeit a tad indirectly, without really helping OP in any way. So yeah - even Ron can get riled up.

A mod will come by and sweep all of this out (including my comment here).

danbfree

3000 Post Club
You basically bagged on one of his suppliers, albeit a tad indirectly, without really helping OP in any way. So yeah - even Ron can get riled up.

A mod will come by and sweep all of this out (including my comment here).
Sure, whatever... if we can't even express opinions without pissing people off then what's the damn point of a forum? I'm entitled to my opinion and if people are THAT sensitive about it, too bad! If people want to spend more money on a nicer looking piece that will never be seen, that's their right too... I like a LOT of what Ron says and sells, but just because I'm happy I'm glad I got one that was easy to install for less doesn't mean I'm insulting anyone, in fact I DID help that guy as he is now looking at other options too.

Not to venture too far off topic, even though it's been verified as "Totally fine" in other threads...

I have an FSwerks shift plate. Basically the same design, give or take. However it does sit with a gap as pictured further above... I almost want to dig back into it and try a reinstall; anyone else with the FSWERKS get it completely flush-fit?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

I've had the Fswerks one and it did the same thing he is encountering....you must turn each bolt and rotate around evenly doing them in order for it to go on properly. ill have to Agree with Ron here.....Don't shit where you might have to eat someday man.[thumb]

Sure, whatever... if we can't even express opinions without pissing people off then what's the damn point of a forum? I'm entitled to my opinion and if people are THAT sensitive about it, too bad! If people want to spend more money on a nicer looking piece that will never be seen, that's their right too... I like a LOT of what Ron says and sells, but just because I'm happy I'm glad I got one that was easy to install for less doesn't mean I'm insulting anyone, in fact I DID help that guy as he is now looking at other options too.
He doesn't need to look for other options until he is 100% sure his current one won't work. Unless the machining was straight-up defective, his current part will probably fit. He is just looking for help. I've been "panicky" when something I bought wasn't fitting. Shit happens and usually it just takes me 5x the amount of time to figure out the install.

And you can keep responding - but this is all going away when the mods get home from work. I just post because I work from home and like to procrastinate.

I've had the Fswerks one and it did the same thing he is encountering....you must turn each bolt and rotate around evenly doing them in order for it to go on properly. ill have to Agree with Ron here.....Don't shit where you might have to eat someday man.[thumb]
Man, you couldn't have posted that at a better time... Go check what I threw in right before you mentioned this... [histerical]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
He doesn't need to look for other options until he is 100% sure his current one won't work. Unless the machining was straight-up defective, his current part will probably fit. He is just looking for help. I've been "panicky" when something I bought wasn't fitting. Shit happens and usually it just takes me 5x the amount of time to figure out the install.

And you can keep responding - but this is all going away when the mods get home from work. I just post because I work from home and like to procrastinate.
I absolutely agree in general on install stuff, I've been there myself... but I also have the right to express an opinion that wasn't bashing anyone at all, not sure why you keep talking about over and over about mods taking this all away but I REALLY don't care anymore, I just made a simple comment that apparently is bagging and shitting on everyone because I wasn't butt-kissing the product... now I think I've seen it all.

I absolutely agree in general on install stuff, I've been there myself... but I also have the right to express an opinion that wasn't bashing anyone at all, not sure why you keep talking about over and over about mods taking this all away but I REALLY don't care anymore, I just made a simple comment that apparently is bagging and shitting on everyone because I wasn't butt-kissing the product... now I think I've seen it all.
Relax man, you are getting way to worked up.

Anyways, having been in this type of thread before, everything that isn't related to the subject of the thread will get "disappeared". I mean, just get into any thread where ProDigit shows up.

Not to venture too far off topic, even though it's been verified as "Totally fine" in other threads...

I have an FSwerks shift plate. Basically the same design, give or take. However it does sit with a gap as pictured further above... I almost want to dig back into it and try a reinstall; anyone else with the FSWERKS get it completely flush-fit?
I have the fswerks (literally my first mod). I just went out to try to get a pic and it was as I remembered. Not 100% flush. So yeah, I'm wondering if I should try to install it again? But - it has been on there for like 4k miles and I have no issues with my shifting.

But two things came up when I took this picture:

1 - That damn symposer hose was pretty much rubbing the cable and head that is resting on the stud. I think after my last bit of intake work I had shoved it around and then forgot about it. I should probably just cut the worthless thing off

2 - I still worry about the attachment to the stud. That cable pops off so easily. I mean, looking at this photo it looks halfway off as it is!

But two things came up when I took this picture:

1 - That damn symposer hose was pretty much rubbing the cable and head that is resting on the stud. I think after my last bit of intake work I had shoved it around and then forgot about it. I should probably just cut the worthless thing off

2 - I still worry about the attachment to the stud. That cable pops off so easily. I mean, looking at this photo it looks halfway off as it is!
That gap is a hell of a lot more fit than mine is. Time to readjust.

The fitment may be different from car to car. The shift arm is cast piece so you will have a variance in ridges or casting marks. Due to the nature of this part tight tolerances are a requirement. You may need to remove some of the extra casting material to get it to fit properly.

I have the Mountune kit on my car which I know they mention this in the installation instructions. I know this kit uses a different design though the fitment is fairly similar.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
The fitment may be different from car to car. The shift arm is cast piece so you will have a variance in ridges or casting marks. Due to the nature of this part tight tolerances are a requirement. You may need to remove some of the extra casting material to get it to fit properly.

I have the Mountune kit on my car which I know they mention this in the installation instructions. I know this kit uses a different design though the fitment is fairly similar.
very helpful post - thank you