Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from northern MN - '17 ST

Happy to be here! I've had the car about a week, have put 300 miles on it, enjoying it greatly! I'm unlikely to make any changes to it for a bit, except buying winter wheels and tires, and maybe tinting the windows. Looking forward to learning more about this fun car from the ones who know!

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm in Richfield....Get another pair of stock wheels and buy a set of winter tires if you plan on driving it during the White stuff....I drove mine on the a/s Michelins for 2 seaons...absolute garbage. Got winter time tires and wheels....way way better![wrenchin]

OP
C
Thread Starter #4
I'm in Richfield....Get another pair of stock wheels and buy a set of winter tires if you plan on driving it during the White stuff....I drove mine on the a/s Michelins for 2 seaons...absolute garbage. Got winter time tires and wheels....way way better![wrenchin]
You said it! I traded in a '12 Focus Titanium that handled really nice in the summer with very slick sport tires on 18" wheels, but wouldn't make it up my driveway with those, so I bought a set of take-off 15" wheels and mounted General Altimax Arctic's and switched out wheels summer/winter. The only way to go in this climate, in my humble opinion. I'll see if I can find some steelies and put some Blizzaks (or equivalent) on them for winter.

If you're ever up in Duluth area, give me a heads-up!!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Virtual Ronin is from Spring lake park and Butterybunz is from down here in the cities also but isn't as active anymore. I've been trying to get the old ball and chain to take a mini trip again up to Ashland to the apostle islands and we always stop in Duluth on the way there. If and when I get there ill hit you up well ahead of time and we can try and meet for a beer and go fer a Rip. Hopefully ill have my shit all installed and ready to fly.....[loveboost]

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Hinckley here...welcome
I worked in Hinckley 3 years ago for about a month. I stayed at the motel next to Cassidyā€™s restaurant (I think they were both owned by the same people). I ate at Cassidyā€™s a few times; all-you-can-eat. It wasnā€™t too bad at all.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
You said it! I traded in a '12 Focus Titanium that handled really nice in the summer with very slick sport tires on 18" wheels, but wouldn't make it up my driveway with those, so I bought a set of take-off 15" wheels and mounted General Altimax Arctic's and switched out wheels summer/winter. The only way to go in this climate, in my humble opinion. I'll see if I can find some steelies and put some Blizzaks (or equivalent) on them for winter.

If you're ever up in Duluth area, give me a heads-up!!
If you havenā€™t tried the pie yet at the Duluth Grill- go do it! Best pie Iā€™ve had in my life.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You, sir, have good taste. I've had the pleasure of eating at Duluth Grill as recently as Mother's Day. Terrific place, excellent food.
There's this Italian place down in canal park...had the best steak salad I shit you not....I ordered two salads last time I was there last year. Betties pies are always a good choice also up the north shore.....[thumb]....you may already know all of this though.[thankyou]

OP
C
Thread Starter #17
There's this Italian place down in canal park...had the best steak salad I shit you not....I ordered two salads last time I was there last year. Betties pies are always a good choice also up the north shore.....[thumb]....you may already know all of this though.[thankyou]
I've lived here for 40 years, have eaten at most of the good places, but always good to hear that people enjoy the restaurant choices up here!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've lived here for 40 years, have eaten at most of the good places, but always good to hear that people enjoy the restaurant choices up here!
I can tell you where the best burger in the State is though..it took 3 years of bars and restaurants to find it but its the single or double Diner burger at Lyn65 in Richfield near where I live....another I shit you not there also.[hihi]

OP
C
Thread Starter #19
OK I don't want to be that annoying guy that jumps into threads and asks the same question that's been asked a thousand times already, but I'm trying to quickly navigate to what's probably a simple answer --

**What's the simplest, most reliable way to get these cars to run right on 91 octane?**

When I read my manual I found that 93 octane was referred to as the best fuel for this car, so I looked at find93.com and the nearest station that sells 93 is 109 miles away! I'm not planning to modify this car for a while yet, but I'm going to run 91 in it out of necessity and want it to run right.

I appreciate the patience it takes to answer annoying noob questions -- thank you!!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
OK I don't want to be that annoying guy that jumps into threads and asks the same question that's been asked a thousand times already, but I'm trying to quickly navigate to what's probably a simple answer --

**What's the simplest, most reliable way to get these cars to run right on 91 octane?**

When I read my manual I found that 93 octane was referred to as the best fuel for this car, so I looked at find93.com and the nearest station that sells 93 is 109 miles away! I'm not planning to modify this car for a while yet, but I'm going to run 91 in it out of necessity and want it to run right.

I appreciate the patience it takes to answer annoying noob questions -- thank you!!
The stock FiST will run on regular, if you use that. 91 is perfectly fine.