Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW Product Release <<<<< HIGH-FLOW Turbo Inlet Elbow >>>>>

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
We have not forgotten about the stock turbo owners here at whoosh motorsports!

To complete your induction upgrade path we are introducing the HIGH-FLOW Turbo Inlet Elbow for stock equipped turbos. This inlet is also suitable for some hybrid upgrades that use a modified OEM compressor cover. Please contact us with any fitment questions.

The HIGH-FLOW Inlet is constructed of durable tig welded 304 stainless steel and has been increased in size by 10% over the OEM plastic part.

This turbo inlet is a direct fit for all stock components and aftermarket crossover pipe or air intake systems.....

LINK TO PRODUCT>>> https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/2014-whoosh-brand-fiesta-st-high-flow-turbo-inlet-elbow

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
WOW!!!
The final piece is here.
For all of us that have changed our air intake system this will reduce the last air restriction.
Any reduction of air flow impedance is a good thing.

I assume that the silicone coupler is a direct fit to your RAMAIR Crossover Pipe Kit?

Mine is ordered.

Thanks,
Ron

Dave

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
WOW!!!
The final piece is here.
For all of us that have changed our air intake system this will reduce the last air restriction.

I assume that the silicone coupler is a direct fit to your RAMAIR Crossover Pipe Kit?

Mine is ordered.

Thanks,
Ron

Dave
Yes sir, the coupler shown is from a RAMAIR crossover pipe kit
This turbo inlet will fit like stock but is 10% larger in the throat area
We aren't going to see crazy HP gains but why not replace this part leading right into the turbocharger for increased airflow if we increase bore size of the intake system upstream with all the other components...
It will certainly help!

redmoe

WOW!!!
The final piece is here.

Mine is ordered.

Thanks,
Ron

Dave
Please let us know how the install goes. Especially how the access is to the bolts.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I would imagen that access would not be any more difficult than R&R of the crossover pipe with the cowl removed.
We will see.

Dave

felopr

One thing I am not a fan is, is that they don't have like a o-ring in between the turbo and this piece to make a seal between the two pieces and just rely on the flatness of each mating surface for a seal.
Not really ideal but I would likely put a very slim coat of silicone in the mating surface to make a good seal.
or make a gasket from a gasket maker
Probably doesn't even matter but I am kinda picky about it

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
A seal is not absolutely necessary as there is no pressure here.
What little amount of air (if any) that might be sucked in would be negligible.
Air would take the path of least resistance, so personally I don't think any would get in.

However, if you do use silicone sealant (personally I don't recommend it), just be careful not to use too much so it doesn't squeeze into the inlet.
Yes, if you are really paranoid about it, a paper gasket could be hammered out (old school) in a minute or two.

Dave

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
What are the performance gains on the stock turbo or an upgraded turbo? Any datalogs before and after?
As was stated above.

YWe aren't going to see crazy HP gains but why not replace this part leading right into the turbocharger for increased airflow if we increase bore size of the intake system upstream with all the other components...
It will certainly help!
This is a new part that has just be released by Whoose so I am sure there are no datalogs yet.
Personally I don't care, I can see by its design that is should help over the OEM part, even if just a little.
I have already changed everything else leading to this part, why not get just a wee bit more.

Dave

As was stated above.

This is a new part that has just be released by Whoose so I am sure there are no datalogs yet.
Personally I don't care, I can see by its design that is should help over the OEM part, even if just a little.
I have already changed everything else leading to this part, why not get just a wee bit more.

Dave
Personally... I want datalogs and people who install these can probably post some if they are really nice or maybe Ron can.
There will be less of a pressure drop in front of the turbo inlet, so there will be improvements but I don't know if they will be measurable.

And whats the point of an upgrade it it doesn't add a measurable amount of performance or add reliability.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Lmao... but you don't get to see it!!! It is pretty though...

Install and send me datalogs!

LOL I didn't know if you would see that or not.
SEE that, another bad pun.

Dave

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Lmao... but you don't get to see it!!! It is pretty though...

Install and send me datalogs!
Well isn't the stock inlet made of plastic? If indeed that it is...think of what happens when plastic is around heat for a while. It gets brittle....when it gets brittle it breaks....near the Turbo...the plastic gets sucked in to the TURBO.....It does not make the car go faster when it happens other than coming to a fast STOP.[giggle]

Well isn't the stock inlet made of plastic? If indeed that it is...think of what happens when plastic is around heat for a while. It gets brittle....when it gets brittle it breaks....near the Turbo...the plastic gets sucked in to the TURBO.....It does not make the car go faster when it happens other than coming to a fast STOP.[giggle]
Your intake manifold is plastic... lol... send datalogs?

That composite plastic is super thick....then look at the intake tube...just saying....[thankyou]
Okay but that is mainly due to the boost pressure the manifold see's. Whereas the intake only see's vacuum.
The plastic will degrade over time but that could be 10 years or more... I haven't seen any high mile Fist's complaining about a vacuum leak at the inlet. Have you?

Quisp

1000 Post Club
One thing I am not a fan is, is that they don't have like a o-ring in between the turbo and this piece to make a seal between the two pieces and just rely on the flatness of each mating surface for a seal.
Not really ideal but I would likely put a very slim coat of silicone in the mating surface to make a good seal.
or make a gasket from a gasket maker
Probably doesn't even matter but I am kinda picky about it
Pumaspeed recommended some type of string type sealer for the X47. Not much surface area for paper or rtv.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Pumaspeed recommended some type of string type sealer for the X47. Not much surface area for paper or rtv.
I have seen the PumaSpeed product and there plenty of room for either silicone or a paper gasket.
Again I don't recommend the silicone and a gasket of any kind is not necessary.
However, you can use/do what ever you want.

Except for the pictures provided, I have not seen this new product from Whoosh.
When I receive mine, I will make a paper gasket just to prove that it can be done (or not), even though I will not use it.

Dave