Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I went Catless for free this weekend lol

Erick_V

As the title says, my stock downpipe is now a catless stock downpipe. The cat is completely gone. I didn't punch it out or mess with it in any way. I have been running the Stratified Crackles on my stock downpipe. Yes, I know stratified says not to. I'm also not blaming them at all for this, it says on their website when you're purchasing the map "NOT Recommended: Stock or Catless downpipe WITH stock catback". I'm simply wondering if anyone else blown their stock cat out with a crackle tune or am I the first to have this happen?

***Once again, not blaming Stratified in any way. They have been my tuner of choice for my last vehicle and my current. Great, knowledgeable people to work with***

I live in Texas and my county doesn't do emissions testing so it's not a big deal for me. On the upside my car now shoots flames, some pretty big ones at that! [deviltail]

Screenshot_20180522-175433_Video_Player[1].jpg

What is the point you're trying to make here? You asked if this has happened to anyone else, without stating your problem [confused]
Are you asking if anyone running the same tune with stock downpipe ALSO had theirs blown out?

OP
E

Erick_V

Thread Starter #3
Has anyone blown their cat out with a crackle tune? I suppose it is worded poorly. Sorry!

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Interesting. I wonder how manufacturers from the factory tune vehicles to pop and Crackle like a Jaguar F-Type, and somehow not damaged the catalytic converter in the process. Did you take off your converter to see if the material was missing like where did all of that material end up?? What concern me about that is that material getting shot up in the turbo. Nissan's with the 2.5 had problems with the converter coming apart, and getting sucked up into the exhaust valve and destroying the cylinder wall making them burn oil like no tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
E

Erick_V

Thread Starter #7
IIRC the problem with the Nissan 2.5L was the cat being way too close to the exhaust valves causing it to heat up too much and break apart. The cat in our cars is placed quite a bit away from the engine itself. Not only that it would have to be sucked back through hot side and through the valves themselves. I run an MBRP there is only the resonator right after the downpipe flange, the rest is straight pipe.