Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Conti ECS 205/50/15 for $260 Shipped After $100 Rebate, Go or No Go?

anticon

I thought I would throw this out there since I thought it was a good deal and I was looking for some thoughts on the tires. Discount Tire is having a Memorial day sale and they have the Continental Extreme Contact Sports for just over $90 each, with a $100 rebate on a set of 4 makes them $65 each. I am really considering picking these up to replace my all-season neo gens for the summer months here in the PNW. I was originally planning on re-installing the stock wheels and tires for the summer, but there is some sort of gunk all over the wheels that is going to be a pain to get off and I like how my 15x8 TD 1.2s ride so much I don't want to go back. I would probably just by another set of TPMS valve stems to be installed so they didn't have to transfer them. What are people's thoughts on these tires?

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/continental-extreme-contact-sport/p/33445

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #2
Well, I pulled the trigger. I found some discussion on the forum and decided it was a good deal and I wanted some summer tires for my wheels. I got nervous when their website showed out of stock and had a different price, but the link above seems to still work. I don't know what is going on with their site.

The new Conti is a good tire, you will like it. Do you feel the NeoGens don't have enough grip in the warmer months or what is your issue with them?

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #4
I like the Neo Gens, I just wanted to use them more for our cold weather wet months in western Oregon, and then swap to a more summer performance tire once it stops getting below 40 degrees.

A7xogg

im running this tire, its a really good all around tire. has same grip as oem tire, drives in the rain like its dry, way more comfortable than stock. They just dont that the same steerling feel as oem tire but these tires are designed for all around driving too

LILIKE16ST

im running this tire, its a really good all around tire. has same grip as oem tire, drives in the rain like its dry, way more comfortable than stock. They just dont that the same steerling feel as oem tire but these tires are designed for all around driving too
The fact that you are saying it gripz as good as the OEM tires despite being 340 tread wear versus 140 tread wear speaks volumes with how good of a tire this is it will get far more life than the OEM tires did I am sure. My OEM tires were all season which was the option on the 2016 and up models. I just put the 205 50 15 Continental extreme contact sport on my 15 by 8 Pro Race 1.2 also I haven't had a chance to really test them out yet but they seem to do very good in the rain

A7xogg

The fact that you are saying it gripz as good as the OEM tires despite being 340 tread wear versus 140 tread wear speaks volumes with how good of a tire this is it will get far more life than the OEM tires did I am sure. My OEM tires were all season which was the option on the 2016 and up models. I just put the 205 50 15 Continental extreme contact sport on my 15 by 8 Pro Race 1.2 also I haven't had a chance to really test them out yet but they seem to do very good in the rain
So there about 5-6/32 left 5 on the corners of the tire and 6 in the middle. Been running at 40 psi all around they have lost some grip in the rain(which I figured the would), but they still grip like new in the dry. They get hot and sticky really fast almost as fast as a 200 tread wear tire. When I say they lost some grip in the rain I'm talking about powering out of a corner at work and taking corners at speeds you shouldn't be in the rain. They still preform like new at sane speeds in the rain. Though there is one downfall to this tire and that downfall really only affects you if you do autox, and that is the softer sidewall.as long as you're not jerking the car into corners(smother is faster) its almost unnoticed. Now in the salom in autox yeah a stiff sidewall is what you need to if u plan to do lots of autox this isn't the tire for you, but a track day or caynon Carver, yeah it's a great tire