Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb OTS Stage 2 tune vs Custom tune???

I finally plan to install my Cobb FMIC this weekend.

I am currently running the Cobb Stage 1/93 octane OTS tune via Cobb AP with a drop in air filter.

How much of an improvement can I expect from their stage 2/93 octane OTS tune after installing the FMIC?

Will there be another noticeable improvement going a custom tune from Stratafied even with my modest mods versus the Cobb stage 2?

Thanks!

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I added a FMIC on the 17’, loaded the Cobb stage 2 OTS and barely noticed a difference compared to the Cobb stage 1 OTS. Then I loaded the Stratified tune, the difference was insane!

Just to chime in and confirm that OTS 1 and 2 are virtually the same, with a Stratified and Mountune tunes being much more powerful. About to do an intercooler and intake, then a full custom tune from someone.

I finally plan to install my Cobb FMIC this weekend.

I am currently running the Cobb Stage 1/93 octane OTS tune via Cobb AP with a drop in air filter.

How much of an improvement can I expect from their stage 2/93 octane OTS tune after installing the FMIC?

Will there be another noticeable improvement going a custom tune from Stratafied even with my modest mods versus the Cobb stage 2?

Thanks!
Stage 2 OTS tunes I always thought were kinda crappy. If you have an intercooler, I would run Cobb Stage 3 (since exhaust does nothing for the stock turbo). The Stage 2 to Stage 3 Cobb OTS difference really is just more on the top end, you don't need a downpipe to run Stage 3 maps.

Custom tunes are of course the best option, but they are expensive. Now if you look at Cobb Stage OTS 3 vs Stratified/Mountune/Whoever OTS tunes, generally the other guys write slightly better OTS tunes.

Now, if I were you, I would go cheap and run the Cobb Stage 3 OTS tune, or a $50 Stratified tune for right now. Then, I would save up to get a WMI kit and a custom tune for both running WMI and just plain 93 octane on the same map. Get your new custom tune set up to where you have...say a low boost slot, a 93 octane slot, then a Methanol slot. You would be killing two birds with one stone buy just buying one custom tune and getting two fuel types for it. It will be a few bucks extra, but much cheaper than buying two separate custom tunes.

Buying a custom tune to replace a reasonable Stage 3 OTS will gain a few HP (they're better), but it isn't must to write home about. Buying a WMI kit and running a multi-map custom tune with 93 / 93+WMI would be a lot of gains.