Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Member 228 Rep Points me32's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    fairfield
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalter View Post
    I don't think a lot of people are going to MISS those cars, so much as Ford is going to feel it when people go back to cars.

The average consumer will go to another brand. Buy a car there. 4-5 years later, they go back there to buy a SUV. Wait. They never went to Ford in that equation.

Sure they say the majority of the market wants SUV, but the majority is 50%+1, what about the other half? This is what they are losing. They are losing low margin sales right now and they are losing high margin sales in the future because people won't be coming back.

I don't see any reason for me to buy a SUV. My girlfriend has one as the big car, but we don't need two big cars. an EcoSport still uses more gas than a Fiesta and probably than a Focus too, so what's the point? There's a bunch of people that are the same way.

I'm not discrediting the fact that more SUVs are sold, simply the decision to completely abandon that market is VERY short sighted.
    Very well put. When you lose a customer its hard to get them back. Ask GM. They will tell you. They burned alot of customers and most never came backm they went to Toyota or Honda
    2008 Shelby GT500
    2921 out of 6513 coupes
    132 of 314 Alloy Metallic
    Shelby Dash Plaque,FRPP TVS Super power pack ,Drag Pack,SVT handling pack,FRPP Cobra Jet TB/MAF/80lb injectors,J&M UCA,LCA,Adj.PHB,SFC,PH A/D,O/R H, DynoMax 3in,CHE, Shelby Rad/HE,VMP 2.59,KB BAP,L&M plenum,BMR KMEMEBER,AED CUSTOM RETURN STYLE FUEL SYSTEM.
    91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
    700HP/700TQ ON E85
    10.78 @ 129MPH 1.644 60FT

2014 Fiesta ST Green Envy Tricoat SOLD
    2014 Tuxedo Black Fusion

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Charlotte
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by me32 View Post
    Yes they are going to miss them. The dealers i have talk with are worried about loss of sales in volume. Not everyone can afford a 50k truck or suv
    Sure they can! With a small 5% down payment and 120 month loan any vehicle can be yours!

New Member 20 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Rock Creek
    State
    AL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zanethan View Post
    Sure they can! With a small 5% down payment and 120 month loan any vehicle can be yours!
    That’s an accurate statement. What’s gonna happen when the average Joe comes in making 45k a year and is forced into a entry level SUV at $40k a year, tax and title, he’s $45k deep in the car, $375/mo without extended warranties, and by the time it’s paid off, he’s got 225k miles on it, time to trade in for another! They will finance again, 0%@120 months lol

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Charlotte
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FORD: Americas Dumbest company?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerickson88 View Post
    That’s an accurate statement. What’s gonna happen when the average Joe comes in making 45k a year and is forced into a entry level SUV at $40k a year, tax and title, he’s $45k deep in the car, $375/mo without extended warranties, and by the time it’s paid off, he’s got 225k miles on it, time to trade in for another! They will finance again, 0%@120 months lol
    And thus the cycle of excess capitalism continues!

Senior Member 279 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Here's a good idea. Just change the name from Ford to Lincoln! EDIT: /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Jerickson88 View Post
    A potential problem with extended loans on a rapidly depreciating asset is the abandon rate will probably skyrocket at some point. With such a slow pay-off, versus a rapidly depreciating product, the loan company could be upside-down on the vehicle for far longer than they're comfortable with. People die. People get sick. Engines get killed. Interiors get trashed. Transmissions die. Vehicles get wrecked/totaled. Could be wrong, but that's what I'd suspect.

Not including insurance, fees, taxes, charges, interest...
    $50,000 / 120 months = $417 per month
    $40,000 / 120 months = $334 per month
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

New Member 20 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Rock Creek
    State
    AL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Intuit View Post

A potential problem with extended loans on a rapidly depreciating asset is the abandon rate will probably skyrocket at some point. With such a slow pay-off, versus a rapidly depreciating product, the loan company could be upside-down on the vehicle for far longer than they're comfortable with. People die. Engines get killed. Interiors get trashed. Transmissions die. Vehicles get wrecked/totaled. Could be wrong, but that's what I'd suspect.

Oh I totally agree. I’ll probably have 110k on my fiesta when it’s paid off plenty of life left!

Senior Member 228 Rep Points me32's Avatar

Medals
    City
    fairfield
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Intuit View Post

A potential problem with extended loans on a rapidly depreciating asset is the abandon rate will probably skyrocket at some point. With such a slow pay-off, versus a rapidly depreciating product, the loan company could be upside-down on the vehicle for far longer than they're comfortable with. People die. People get sick. Engines get killed. Interiors get trashed. Transmissions die. Vehicles get wrecked/totaled. Could be wrong, but that's what I'd suspect.

Thats assuming you actually get 0%. More than likely with rates going up the average rates with good/great credit will be 3.99% and those that arent so hot will be 7.99% +
    2008 Shelby GT500
    2921 out of 6513 coupes
    132 of 314 Alloy Metallic
    Shelby Dash Plaque,FRPP TVS Super power pack ,Drag Pack,SVT handling pack,FRPP Cobra Jet TB/MAF/80lb injectors,J&M UCA,LCA,Adj.PHB,SFC,PH A/D,O/R H, DynoMax 3in,CHE, Shelby Rad/HE,VMP 2.59,KB BAP,L&M plenum,BMR KMEMEBER,AED CUSTOM RETURN STYLE FUEL SYSTEM.
    91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
    700HP/700TQ ON E85
    10.78 @ 129MPH 1.644 60FT

2014 Fiesta ST Green Envy Tricoat SOLD
    2014 Tuxedo Black Fusion

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234