Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Burlble tune..

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Did y'all opt for the "high torque" option?
Nope, no e85 close enough for it to be worth it for me... but honestly, with so much torque already from any tune on our car (other than stock), I would want my e30 to bring me the most high-end HP to try to balance the power a bit, but that's just my opinion... in the actual Stratified vendor forum there has been talk and replies from them, it's basically a datalog tune that focuses on squeezing the most torque out on e30, seems popular...

I appreciate the high torque options but I dont have e85 close and I already have traction issues with slightly grippy tires.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I didn't realize the high-torque option was E30 only. There's plenty of cheap E30 near me. The high quality 70%+ stuff too :p

OP
Jadar
Thread Starter #24
Nope, no e85 close enough for it to be worth it for me... but honestly, with so much torque already from any tune on our car (other than stock), I would want my e30 to bring me the most high-end HP to try to balance the power a bit, but that's just my opinion... in the actual Stratified vendor forum there has been talk and replies from them, it's basically a datalog tune that focuses on squeezing the most torque out on e30, seems popular...
Hmmm I may end up picking this up. I paid the extra $50 bucks to have my v4.0 refined so maybe after that.
Since I’m not doing any other type of bolt ons seems cheap enough for another $50 bucks to do e85. I decided against it last week since I’m teying to eek out the best possible mpg I have a 68 mi round trip for Work.
I may do some type of muffler/fatback down the road, oem exhaust sound is anemic and has no soul at all.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Hmmm I may end up picking this up. I paid the extra $50 bucks to have my v4.0 refined so maybe after that.
Since I’m not doing any other type of bolt ons seems cheap enough for another $50 bucks to do e85. I decided against it last week since I’m teying to eek out the best possible mpg I have a 68 mi round trip for Work.
I may do some type of muffler/fatback down the road, oem exhaust sound is anemic and has no soul at all.
One option for the exhaust, since aftermarket just adds sound anyway, is to remove the front muffler/resonator... It adds some sound but without any flow disruption right underneath you, there is no drone like a rear muffler only delete causes... and yes, e30 tunes are all about HP, it has less energy than regular gasoline so gas mileage goes down.. Whereas the new 4.0 tune actually is more finely leaned out actually, I've seen my cruising mileage go up a little actually, you'll be happy with it!

OP
Jadar
Thread Starter #28
One option for the exhaust, since aftermarket just adds sound anyway, is to remove the front muffler/resonator... It adds some sound but without any flow disruption right underneath you, there is no drone like a rear muffler only delete causes... and yes, e30 tunes are all about HP, it has less energy than regular gasoline so gas mileage goes down.. Whereas the new 4.0 tune actually is more finely leaned out actually, I've seen my cruising mileage go up a little actually, you'll be happy with it!
Oh nice, good to know it goes up a bit. I’ve hit 2500 mi and I’ve seen a best of 28.2mpg so far 90% highway cruising between 68-72mph. I think I can do 30 it keeps climbing. I may do a res delete, as long as I can do some type of a clamp deal so I can revert to stock if not happy. Any recommendations for a pipe piece and clamps?

I did my bmw 335 with a down pipe and stock muffler, deleted the resonator and it added drone I’m not too happy with it. I unwisely welder it all. But oh well that car is back to stock now and getting traded in on a Macan s.

So most or all aftermarket mufflers with no down pipe will add some drone?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I have a universal muffler and stock downpipe and have zero drone. The catbacks mostly all add drone except Cobb from what I've read. MBRP is the worst, and Magnaflow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Oh nice, good to know it goes up a bit. I’ve hit 2500 mi and I’ve seen a best of 28.2mpg so far 90% highway cruising between 68-72mph. I think I can do 30 it keeps climbing. I may do a res delete, as long as I can do some type of a clamp deal so I can revert to stock if not happy. Any recommendations for a pipe piece and clamps?

I did my bmw 335 with a down pipe and stock muffler, deleted the resonator and it added drone I’m not too happy with it. I unwisely welder it all. But oh well that car is back to stock now and getting traded in on a Macan s.

So most or all aftermarket mufflers with no down pipe will add some drone?
Huh, mine finally felt "broken in" around 3500 miles, but I've never had a problem getting 33-34 MPG's if I keep it around 70 or so, but they are sensitive to even side winds much less head winds too... have you changed the oil yet? I went with decent fairly cheap full synthetic at 1500 miles to get the crappy break-in stuff out, and will be changing every 4-5k from here...

As far as the resonator, I'm going to have a muffler shop adds flanges or tell them to keep it a clean cut to easily weld back in if I don't like it.. It does adds some raspiness and a little more volume, just depends what you're looking for, but people who have done it say that it surprisingly has no drone...

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Fswerks exhaust is great no drone whatsoever. I did a 600-mile trip no drone. Now the fswerks race exhaust I have on my Focus it has drone.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I've got the res delete. I can repost the video as needed. To be honest the car is still so quiet. The video makes it seems louder cause the mic is by the exhaust.
I'll likely remove the muffler too this summer.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I did the resonator delete first and honestly it didn't make much of a difference. Now I have a universal MagnaFlow Muffler and it's perfect.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I've got the res delete. I can repost the video as needed. To be honest the car is still so quiet. The video makes it seems louder cause the mic is by the exhaust.
I'll likely remove the muffler too this summer.
I did the resonator delete first and honestly it didn't make much of a difference. Now I have a universal MagnaFlow Muffler and it's perfect.
But no drone with just ares delete, right guys? But then for more sound either a muffler delete or replacement too... So which MagnaFlow did you end up using Alex?

OP
Jadar
Thread Starter #36
Huh, mine finally felt "broken in" around 3500 miles, but I've never had a problem getting 33-34 MPG's if I keep it around 70 or so, but they are sensitive to even side winds much less head winds too... have you changed the oil yet? I went with decent fairly cheap full synthetic at 1500 miles to get the crappy break-in stuff out, and will be changing every 4-5k from here...

As far as the resonator, I'm going to have a muffler shop adds flanges or tell them to keep it a clean cut to easily weld back in if I don't like it.. It does adds some raspiness and a little more volume, just depends what you're looking for, but people who have done it say that it surprisingly has no drone...
I’m averaging 28.2 but in fairness I have been driving playfully. I have seen 33-34 strictly highway and doing like yiu said 70ish which is quite nice and a good pace to stay with traffic flow in the middle lane and not be annoying to people. I was born in Europe so I follow the code pass and get over I hate left lane squatting [nono].

EDIT: yes I did the oil at 1555 miles with the motor craft 5w20 stuff and left the filter, I plan on doing Mobil 1 n filter starting at 5k and every 5k thereafter. I did notice the mileage jump up after the oil change. Could just be that it’s breaking in.

I may try the res delete. I’ll have to find out what diameter our exhaust is so I can get a clamp setup. I won’t gwt a cat back it’s just too expensive for little to no gain for sound.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I’m averaging 28.2 but in fairness I have been driving playfully. I have seen 33-34 strictly highway and doing like yiu said 70ish which is quite nice and a good pace to stay with traffic flow in the middle lane and not be annoying to people. I was born in Europe so I follow the code pass and get over I hate left lane squatting [nono].

EDIT: yes I did the oil at 1555 miles with the motor craft 5w20 stuff and left the filter, I plan on doing Mobil 1 n filter starting at 5k and every 5k thereafter. I did notice the mileage jump up after the oil change. Could just be that it’s breaking in.

I may try the res delete. I’ll have to find out what diameter our exhaust is so I can get a clamp setup. I won’t gwt a cat back it’s just too expensive for little to no gain for sound.
Well, you will gain sound with a cat back, just very little power at all with a stock turbo... Stock exhaust diameter is 2 3/8" I believe, or 2 7/16", which should be close enough for a general clamp size? I was considering adding flanges to make the stock res replaceable but based on the videos's it doesn't increase sound much by itself, I doubt I'll ever want to put it back on... So yeah, I average 28 MPG's mixed myself including some WOT runs, sounds like we are almost exactly alike and this is with the high boost Stratified tune that I know eats more gas during my WOT runs, so it's a little better than stock for sure when not getting on it. :)

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
But no drone with just ares delete, right guys? But then for more sound either a muffler delete or replacement too... So which MagnaFlow did you end up using Alex?
Correct, with just the resonator delete there was no drone at all. But honestly it didn't sound much different. I don't know what the part number is on the MagnaFlow Muffler I used. I just took it to the shop and have them put a universal on.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Correct, with just the resonator delete there was no drone at all. But honestly it didn't sound much different. I don't know what the part number is on the MagnaFlow Muffler I used. I just took it to the shop and have them put a universal on.
Oh, you're THAT guy who doesn't know which model MagnaFlow... LOL... dang it, there are many part numbers and wanted to know which one specifically, oh well... At least I know which direction to go, I think you did well with res delete and MagnaFlow.