Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Burlble tune..

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Oh, you're THAT guy who doesn't know which model MagnaFlow... LOL... dang it, there are many part numbers and wanted to know which one specifically, oh well... At least I know which direction to go, I think you did well with res delete and MagnaFlow.
did you ask that question on my YT vid? lol

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Lol I get the burbles with just the Stage 3 OTS tune from Cobb with a catless DP and Thermal turbo back exhaust

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Lol I get the burbles with just the Stage 3 OTS tune from Cobb with a catless DP and Thermal turbo back exhaust
Yeah, all stock except for tune here and I'll get them a bit when fully hot and and really getting on it... I'm guessing that doing a res delete adds more naturally too.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Yup, that was me, the idiot who has the same screen name for everything... can you tell me is it the regular single in one end, single out the other and you you're just using one into 2 out dual tips?
Ya, it's a single-in, single-out and they used a universal one-to-two muffler tip. I'm bored so let me crawl under my car and see if there's a part number stamped on it.

There are no visible markings on it but here's what it looks like. Just their standard universal.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Ya, it's a single-in, single-out and they used a universal one-to-two muffler tip. I'm bored so let me crawl under my car and see if there's a part number stamped on it.

There are no visible markings on it but here's what it looks like. Just their standard universal.
Ah, that helps, so is that the end coming from the engine that's offset or going out to the tips? Thanks for the detail man, I hope you really were bored, LOL

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
That first pic is taken from the rear of the car. So you're seeing the exit side. I'm sitting in the garage right now so it didn't take much effort. :p

OP
Jadar
Thread Starter #48
Oh, you're THAT guy who doesn't know which model MagnaFlow... LOL... dang it, there are many part numbers and wanted to know which one specifically, oh well... At least I know which direction to go, I think you did well with res delete and MagnaFlow.
SO the maganflow doesnā€™t droneon the FiST? I had a maganaflow cat back once on my 2004 cobra, by itself it was perfect and from what I remember no drone but rather on the quieter side til you WOT.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
SO the maganflow doesnā€™t droneon the FiST? I had a maganaflow cat back once on my 2004 cobra, by itself it was perfect and from what I remember no drone but rather on the quieter side til you WOT.
I think these guys don't have the full catback, just MagnaFlow muflfer with res delete...

redmoe

I have a full custom cat back with the magnaflow 2.5 to 2.5 with 2.5 inch pipe. Not too loud and no drone. If you going to cut out the resonator and change the muffler you might as well have them replace the pipe from the flange back. Wonā€™t cost much more and will open the system up just a little bit more.

redmoe

Also keep in mind that what each person considers as drone will vary. My reference for drone is my 392 challenger running no mufflers and resonators only. Even my Jeep with no resonator and magnaflow muffler has a noticeable drone compared to my fiesta setup.

Also keep in mind that what each person considers as drone will vary.
Yes, this. For another data point, I literally today had the rear muffler deleted at a shop near where I work, and enjoyed it very much the 72 miles back home...my daily commute is 144 miles, highways and stop-and-go.

And I love the car with the muffler delete. It's more aggressive, but reasonable, even on the highway. Yes there's a little drone when under load, especially in 5th/6th going uphill. It's not bothersome to me--this car is a more connected driving experience than most, and the upgrade to the soundtrack makes it more visceral and engaging. And I'm not just an obnoxiously loud kinda' person, I'm a conservative middle-ager. It's louder, but not too loud. It has some drone, but just a little more than stock. Heck, after 10k miles, stock has some drone between 3k and 4k under load--you get drone, but not much else out of the stock exhaust.

Best of all--the burbles and occasional pops I've had from the beginning are now not so attenuated. Stock, I'd sometimes hear a little burp back there, and wished they hadn't snuffed all the volume. Today, I got a couple nice pops coming off boost, made me grin from ear to ear. And that's on a *stock tune* (AP/Stratified soon). And I have a nice 3" SS single tip that ominously, but subtly, suggests that something isn't quite stock.

Usually I find that going the cheap route means I'll end up spending more money later--but this time, I don't think so. What I wanted to achieve was something closer to the Focus RS soundtrack, and a cheap muffler delete got me there.

Yes, this. For another data point, I literally today

And I love the car with the muffler delete. It's more aggressive, but reasonable, even on the highway. Yes there's a little drone when under load, especially in 5th/6th going uphill. It's not bothersome to me--this car is a more connected driving experience than most, and the upgrade to the soundtrack makes it more visceral and engaging. And I'm not just an obnoxiously loud kinda' person, I'm a conservative middle-ager. It's louder, but not too loud. It has some drone, but just a little more than stock. Heck, after 10k miles, stock has some drone between 3k and 4k under load--you get drone, but not much else out of the stock exhaust.

Best of all--the burbles and occasional pops I've had from the beginning are now not so attenuated. Stock, I'd sometimes hear a little burp back there, and wished they hadn't snuffed all the volume. Today, I got a couple nice pops coming off boost, made me grin from ear to ear. And that's on a *stock tune* (AP/Stratified soon). And I have a nice 3" SS single tip that ominously, but subtly, suggests that something isn't quite stock.

Usually I find that going the cheap route means I'll end up spending more money later--but this time, I don't think so. What I wanted to achieve was something closer to the Focus RS soundtrack, and a cheap muffler delete got me there.
Amen man. This is 100% how I feel.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yes, this. For another data point, I literally today had the rear muffler deleted at a shop near where I work, and enjoyed it very much the 72 miles back home...my daily commute is 144 miles, highways and stop-and-go.

Also consider the sound symposer does add drone under throttle, so you guys with resonator and/or muffler delete's can always go with a symposer delete as well since you've got more natural exhaust sound instead to cut back some on the drone...

Yes, I think that's excellent advice, as the symposer blatts when under load at 3-4k. I'm planning on symposer delete this month yet. But even with the symposer it's really not much drone.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk