Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
11 Likes

Thread: First mod... EIBACH Pros

New Member 40 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Manchester
    State
    NH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 Likes

First mod... EIBACH Pros

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just hit 800 miles on my FiST. Having a good time so far

It's nearly impossible to keep a car stock, so here's the first mod.

Eibach springs and some caliper paint

Need some more seat time, but I'm liking them so far. Definitely less brake dive and body roll. Ride is pretty close to the same

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Senior Member 898 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Lincoln
    State
    NE
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I like red calipers against the rado grey wheels
    2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST- His
    2017 Magnetic Gray Fiesta ST- Hers
    2003 Mustang GT 5-speed - Whoever’s

Senior Member 184 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Intervention302 View Post
    Just hit 800 miles on my FiST. Having a good time so far

It's nearly impossible to keep a car stock, so here's the first mod.

Eibach springs and some caliper paint

Need some more seat time, but I'm liking them so far. Definitely less brake dive and body roll. Ride is pretty close to the same
    Wow, ride is pretty much the same with now having progressive rate springs? I found the stock suspension extremely bouncy the first couple of thousand miles but now at over 4000 miles is just still a little too unforgiving and was hoping progressive springs would help that!
    '17 Magnetic, wheels/calipers - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 93/e30 - schmoove daily tune, Stratified V4.0 - 91,93 STuned traction, Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not 93 octane, start with a 93 tune or you're leaving free power on the table over running 91 tunes.

New Member 40 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Manchester
    State
    NH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    Wow, ride is pretty much the same with now having progressive rate springs? I found the stock suspension extremely bouncy the first couple of thousand miles but now at over 4000 miles is just still a little too unforgiving and was hoping progressive springs would help that!
    If you believe the stock ride is "extremely bouncy" you would have lost your damn mind driving a RS as a DD.

FiST and FoRS are not even remotely close in ride quality.

I really like how the First rides

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Intervention302 View Post
    If you believe the stock ride is "extremely bouncy" you would have lost your damn mind driving a RS as a DD.

FiST and FoRS are not even remotely close in ride quality.

I really like how the First rides
    Well, again, I noticed it got less bouncy after a couple thousand of miles, but still am looking for just a bit more forgiveness for road imperfections... might have to wait until tire replacement time and go for 45 series, but was hoping progressive springs could help... but the amount of drop with your Eibachs looks great!
    '17 Magnetic, wheels/calipers - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 93/e30 - schmoove daily tune, Stratified V4.0 - 91,93 STuned traction, Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not 93 octane, start with a 93 tune or you're leaving free power on the table over running 91 tunes.

Member 48 Rep Points Speedboosted's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Vancouver
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

I really like these springs and how they sit, just the right amount of lowering for this car in my opinion.
    Dizzy Tuned 93/E30 - Cobb - Mountune - Rally Armor - Boomba - CPE - Depo

Member 72 Rep Points rattmobbins's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Albuquerque
    State
    NM
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Speedboosted View Post
    I really like these springs and how they sit, just the right amount of lowering for this car in my opinion.
    Agreed, looks like a million bucks. Well done OP!

New Member 40 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Manchester
    State
    NH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple more photos.

I don't think I uploaded these

Member 61 Rep Points kevinatfms's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Germantown
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I have Eibachs and am getting rid of them. At first they were great for daily driving but found that when pushed to the limit the progressive nature really ruined the balance of the car. They added so much push to the front end its ridiculous. On transitions they shine but going into a sweeping corner and they just want to push straight. No amount of high rear pressure could change it. Eibach needs to go back and change the rate they start at and increase it higher than the stock 172lb-in. Starting at a 90lbs-in rate is stupid soft and you can feel it. The rear springs arent as bad but i assume its due to the little amount of weight back there.

I went back to stock springs on B8 dampers for now and it seems much, much, much better. Going to look at Swift springs for the linear rate that is a touch higher than stock all around(212 lbs-in). If i dont like them either ill stick with the stock springs and eventually go coilovers.

I will say though that the Eibach springs do give a better ride versus any other springs ive tried.
    FORD CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN 2004-2011
    KIA/HYUNDAI GDS4 TECHNICIAN 2004-2007

2015 Fiesta ST
    2017 Colorado Z71 Duramax
    2015 Edge Sport(Wife's)

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinatfms View Post
    I have Eibachs and am getting rid of them. At first they were great for daily driving but found that when pushed to the limit the progressive nature really ruined the balance of the car. They added so much push to the front end its ridiculous. On transitions they shine but going into a sweeping corner and they just want to push straight. No amount of high rear pressure could change it. Eibach needs to go back and change the rate they start at and increase it higher than the stock 172lb-in. Starting at a 90lbs-in rate is stupid soft and you can feel it. The rear springs arent as bad but i assume its due to the little amount of weight back there.

I went back to stock springs on B8 dampers for now and it seems much, much, much better. Going to look at Swift springs for the linear rate that is a touch higher than stock all around(212 lbs-in). If i dont like them either ill stick with the stock springs and eventually go coilovers.

I will say though that the Eibach springs do give a better ride versus any other springs ive tried.
    They start at 109 lb-in, not 90, just to correct semantics, but I'm sure that doesn't change how they feel to you. Just saying, let's be accurate if throwing numbers out there... And yes, many of us are shooting for the best ride, and along with the actual drop I'm sure they handle overall a little better than stock too, maybe just not in an all-out race course environment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast