Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How to get rid of the turbo whoosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
P
Thread Starter #21
Turbos make noises. Even mine, with the stock insulation still there. You got the wrong car.

If you don't like turbo noises, don't get a turbo. They whoosh.
Not all of them. The Cruze was whisper silent. I barely knew it had a turbo.
And, since people can buy aftermarket parts to make the whoosh louder, perhaps I was hoping I could buy the opposite.
There are turbo cars without whoosh sounds.
And I'm just wondering if the Sound Symphoser box is adding some of that sound, due to the air blowing back.
If that's the case, a rubber plug should do half the trick.

cxwrench

And, since people can buy aftermarket parts to make the whoosh louder, perhaps I was hoping I could buy the opposite.
And I'm just wondering if the Sound Symphoser box is adding some of that sound, due to the air blowing back.
Well, there ya go.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Then trade it for a Cruze and enjoy your 140 hp.

The symposer is there to make noise in the cabin. That's because you would barely hear engine noise without it.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
With that mentality no one needs to mod their cars.

Who are you to say I got the wrong car?
If I think I got the right car, but want to mod it different than you?
I'm well aware of what's out on the market, and the 1.0 is a) not available where I live, and b) not the right car for me.

I'm seriously wondering what's the blame thrown around to someone who wants to make his car a little more street comfy?
It's like half of the trolls on this forum start attacking the moment someone speaks up about caring about fuel efficiency, and road comfort, but any mods that either make the car undriveable, or more track worthy are praised; despite most people here driving their car more on the streets than on the tracks.
I really don't get that.

Plus, I don't get how so many personal attacks are directed towards me.
I don't care who you are. I have never launched one any personal attack to anyone but one person here, who actually deserved it; and yet y'all are seeing me as a troll while I'm just asking questions?
Really?

I'm just stating it as it is.
I mean, you make up the community. It's up to you to make it a nice place for others, or not.
I'm active on a lot of forums, and get along with a lot of people there.
It's just sad to see this forum, like some others, have so many trolls on them, and people just destroying it for anyone else here!

What you seem to not understand is this forum is made up of many people with many different uses for our high performance cars. Some race, some autocross, some are all about ET's and some are about mods that keep warranty. But the one thing I have not seen before on this forum in four years is an individual that with no experience in manual transmissions or high performance cars buying a FiST to turn into an economy car. So I think you should expect some will be perplexed as to why you do the things you do like asking opinions and arguing with people that you know better than others including the maker of the car. For example, you buy a 6 speed manual transmission and "discover" if you rev the engine enough and slip the clutch you can start in 2nd gear. And when people try to tell you why it is not good to do that you argue like you have been driving a manual for 50 years. You buy a car with high performance noisy tires and suspension and bitch the car is too loud. Then remove sound deadening to cool the car that has no cooling issues and bitch the car is loud. To top it off you buy a turbo engine and don't want to hear the blow off. This is a site consisting of people that love their FiST's and are not excited about people that buy the car and complain about what they bought. How many have tried to tell you that you bought the wrong car? It is your car and you are free to do what you want to it, but reality is don't expect a lot of respect and support from FiST driving and performance enthusiasts for your goals and neophyte opinions until you get some experience and learn about your car. So try to understand a few things, we love our 6 speed and find it strange a neophyte thinks not using 1st gear is cool. We love the handling and accept the noise as bringing good tires and light weight to our cars. We bought cars with good acceleration and enjoy using it. Many get 36+mpg HWY and 33+ CTY and see no real reason to go to extremes to get more as for this performance level that is outstanding already. When you go on a Forum as a newbie that has goals and needs that are opposite of the majority of other members goals and needs you must expect pushback.

Status
Not open for further replies.