Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Finally had heat management problems :/

Thanks [MENTION=9199]redmoe[/MENTION]. I read no oil thermostat. First cooling upgrade for me will be the radiator.
Aye. Always great when someone posts the service manual. Speaking of which, [MENTION=9199]redmoe[/MENTION] do you know the best place to find the Fiesta ST service manual online? Quick searches in the past yielded no fruit.

redmoe

I can’t remember where I found it but I could only get the 2014 version.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Great post on the coolant system function and something I had not seen prior. Thanks also for the correction on the oil cooler thermostat.

So, in the FSM excerpt, it states that there is a transmission oil cooler. I thought the transmission was splash lubricated and therefore would not be possible to cool?

So, in the FSM excerpt, it states that there is a transmission oil cooler. I thought the transmission was splash lubricated and therefore would not be possible to cool?
Having recently removed my transmission, I can say %100 there is no oil cooler, you sure you are not looking at the entry for the slushbox Fiestas?

From Redmoe's post on page 4.

Phase 2:

During an initial start-up with an ambient temperature 60-75F (16-24C) or cooler (calibratable) the coolant shutoff solenoid valve remains open. This allows engine coolant to circulate through the heater core providing cabin heat to the customer. When the coolant shutoff solenoid valve is open, the coolant circulates through the engine (cylinder block and cylinder head), heater core, engine oil cooler, transmission oil cooler, turbo, and degas bottle. Coolant is also routed into the thermostat housing which initiates the warm-up phase of the thermostat.