Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

C&D EcoSport Review

I saw a few at the local dealer when I picked up my ST, they don't look half bad but damn do they look really close to an Escape. I thought they would be closer to a Buick Encore. The performance from that article is depressing even though its just supposed to be a normal commuter small SUV.

24MPG and 10.4 seconds!?

Sure it's more spacious, but I get 26MPG from my stage 2 FiST while flooring it almost every time I can! Even if we take the EPA estimate of 28, that's really bad. I can do easy over 30MPG if I try and probably like 34 with just highway.

With my Fiesta SE, I was doing 33-34 easy on my commute and 39 just highway.

Even the Focus is better and is similar in cargo space. And cheaper. And more powerful.

I don't understand the appeal.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I got 36MPG with my ST on a road trip two weeks ago and we average around 24MPG with our 2.0L AWD Escape with the FoST motor. The Escape Titanium 2.0L AWD has similar mileage, way more power, vastly more cargo room, handles great, has HID's, and a normal opening hatch. The price of the EcoSport isn't cheap enough to warrant everything you give up to go from the Escape to the EcoSport. My wife liked the EcoSport when we saw one a few years ago at a media event. She saw the rear hatch and engine options and said no-way would she give up her Escape. I surely won't give up my ST for something with terrible performance, tall CG, stupid rear hatch, mediocre styling, boramatic transmission, and generally a disappointment on wheels. I talked to a dealer a few weeks ago when they had one on their showroom and they said they didn't understand the EcoSport. I guess if you have Escape money, but want dismal performance, less room, big crossover mileage, and need extra room behind you to open the hatch, then the EcoSport is for you.

No thanks, the EcoSport can stay in India.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Driving my ST across a few states two weeks ago, I could totally see why people don't want cars. I was getting 36MPG, a pretty decent ride, people would take pictures of my car as I was driving or was parked, I had plenty of room for everything I would need for a road trip, and my car was really easy to spot in the parking lot. Having a SUV or crossover would be so much better. I could burn more gas, stop at more gas stations, spend more money on gas, have the feeling of being a boat captain, blend in with all the other SUV's, and never be concerned with being photographed. I could also get away from that silly pole sticking up in the center of the car that needs to be moved up and down at the same time the foot rest needs to be pressed.

The only advantage of having something other than my ST was dodging mid-west potholes, navigating grass parking lots, and being able to climb steep driveways. With that said, I only touched my splitter once on a driveway and the ST handles so well that dodging potholes became a sport. I could never see getting rid of the ST for something like the EcoSport.

zanethan

Also, it has that super convenient side opening rear hatch! For you know, when it's raining and some jerk pulled up to close for you to open it at the grocery store.

While I have zero irons in the fire concerning the Eco”sport”, I have owned a Suzuki Grand Vitara with a side opening rear gate. I have to say, it wasn’t inconvenient at all. I did occasionally have to use my brain when parking so I wouldn’t block myself from loading anything in the back, but I actually enjoyed that mini SUV.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

zanethan

While I have zero irons in the fire concerning the Eco”sport”, I have owned a Suzuki Grand Vitara with a side opening rear gate. I have to say, it wasn’t inconvenient at all. I did occasionally have to use my brain when parking so I wouldn’t block myself from loading anything in the back, but I actually enjoyed that mini SUV.

Yes but the Grand Vitara was a cool little SUV. Sad that Suzuki left the NA market.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
AND......I will never buy one of these hideous piles of garbage. It reminds me of the Fiat crossover that just bombed and Fiat cant give them away to save their lives! [thumbdown]

C&D EcoSport Review

Yes but the Grand Vitara was a cool little SUV. Sad that Suzuki left the NA market.
If they’d have brought the real Swift to here, I might’ve never ended up in a Fiesta.