Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OEM Splash Guards

Jerickson88

Has anyone tried to modify a set of the OEM splash guards? I’m goin to try my hand at it, possibly make a how-to. I like the rally armor set, but I feel like they are race-bait (not political)

I’m very into factory appearance, so we will see how this goes in a week or so.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #2
Part numbers:

Front:
BE8Z-16A550-AC

Rear:
8A6Z-16A550-A

They come with hardware. May take a little Dremel work but the fitting should be plug and play. Looks like the little lip in the front fender will have to come out but will be able to be used as somewhat of a template on trimming the front guards. Probably will make a template by tracing the contour of the rear. Bolt holes should align easily anyhow. Same locations, different ground effects.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I considered doing that and looked into those parts myself. I ended up compromising and using a $23 set of Rally Armor universal flaps which can be positioned anywhere, this way it doesn't look as racey as the $159 set of RA flaps do on the Fiesta. Try my thread below, it might give you some good ideas for mounting points. Mine have held firm for about 10,000 miles now without issues.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/13799-REVIEW-INSTALL-Rally-Armor-universal-mudflaps

I look forward to seeing your results!

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #4
I considered doing that and looked into those parts myself. I ended up compromising and using a $23 set of Rally Armor universal flaps which can be positioned anywhere, this way it doesn't look as racey as the $159 set of RA flaps do on the Fiesta. Try my thread below, it might give you some good ideas for mounting points. Mine have held firm for about 10,000 miles now without issues.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/13799-REVIEW-INSTALL-Rally-Armor-universal-mudflaps

I look forward to seeing your results!
You did a slick job for sure. I read a thread where some FoST guys used the non ST flaps from ford and tailored them to fit, I’m willing to try my hand on a $100 set. The pattern should be the same as far as bolting in. Waiting for my Mountune (such a damned disappointment, back ordered and no notice, really?) and I’ll pull the trigger. I will keep in mind the job you did though!

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #6
I had considered doing this as well. It looks like an interesting project for sure.

It’ll be one for the record books. I just ordered the all weather mats too, these flaps will be the missing piece to my all weather package that should have been offered.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #7
It was a bust. Got a Chinese knock off set. Not enough structure to modify. You’ll cut them apart trying to make it happen. Lost $15 on that deal. Oh well.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was considering the Rally Armor Motorsport Spec flaps to replace my standard FiST set from them, until I noticed the PRICE, YIKES!! [crazyeye]
(Besides, RA told me that they would NOT be supported enough by the standard set's mounting hardware, and would require the rally spec type angle mounts on the outside, drilled into the sheet metal of the fender. [:(])

These make the SMS (Susquehanna Motor Sports) set I will get look downright inexpensive! (And those CAN be used with the RA mounting points/hardware. [:)])

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #10
Once I’ve got my stage 1.5 paid up, I’ll grab the RA set. Too much going out at the moment.