Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43
  1. #31
    Member 286 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    538
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    286


    1 Likes

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonFST View Post
    There is some BS documentation fees which I complained about, but he only knocked it down another $200. So final OTD is $18,600 inclusive of everything... probably could have gotten a few more hundred off if I played hard ball for a while, but I'd rather drive it!
    $18600 OTD is great seriously! Lol

  2. #32
    New Member
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
     
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    City
    mason
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    1


    ok guys, i have talked to couple dealers.
    i can get a 17 orange spice with storm grey recaros and ebony wheels for 21250 otd.
    however i also have another offer from another dealer for a 2018 orange spice with grey recaros nothing else for 22000 otd.
    only thing i dislike about both is that the have the front plate mount already installed.
    the dealer with the 17 is 250 miles away, dealer with the 18 is 930 miles away.
    for another 750 i guess im leaning for the 18 being newer, but do yiu guys think thats pretty good deal? this is everything, discounts plus tax and title fees on both.
    but you guys think that its a good deal?

    also i didnt have the 2k private cash offer either, honestly wished i didnt miss that one.

  3. #33
    Member 286 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    538
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    286


    1 Likes

    Quote Originally Posted by shru63 View Post
    ok guys, i have talked to couple dealers.
    i can get a 17 orange spice with storm grey recaros and ebony wheels for 21250 otd.
    however i also have another offer from another dealer for a 2018 orange spice with grey recaros nothing else for 22000 otd.
    only thing i dislike about both is that the have the front plate mount already installed.
    the dealer with the 17 is 250 miles away, dealer with the 18 is 930 miles away.
    for another 750 i guess im leaning for the 18 being newer, but do yiu guys think thats pretty good deal? this is everything, discounts plus tax and title fees on both.
    but you guys think that its a good deal?

    also i didnt have the 2k private cash offer either, honestly wished i didnt miss that one.
    I personally would probably try to get that 2018 down a little but seriously its still a great deal at$22000 OTD. I would have been paying $23800 OTD here in Calfornia without the 2k private cash. As it is I will be paying 21,800 right now of course we have 9.5% sales tax which is a lot of that.

    But for the extra $750 its worth getting the 2018 over the 17 unlees you’re not down for traveling.
    It’s true that at this point a 17 is a year old car and that their is higher depreciation because of that.
    That also may not matter as much id you plan on owning it for a long time as has beeens statd before over time the depreciation will even out between the two years. For people who only own a car for 3-4 years its a bigger deal.
    I decided to go for a 2018 for few reasons. 1. I would have had to travel 900-1000 miles to get what I wanted. 2. 18 has backup cam which is kinda cool. 3. It may be the last of these cars.
    4. I ordered exactly what I wanted and nothing more.

  4. #34
    Member 57 Rep Points rattmobbins's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    May 2018
    City
    Albuquerque
    State
    NM
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    57


    Quote Originally Posted by shru63 View Post
    ok guys, i have talked to couple dealers.
    i can get a 17 orange spice with storm grey recaros and ebony wheels for 21250 otd.
    however i also have another offer from another dealer for a 2018 orange spice with grey recaros nothing else for 22000 otd.
    only thing i dislike about both is that the have the front plate mount already installed.
    the dealer with the 17 is 250 miles away, dealer with the 18 is 930 miles away.
    for another 750 i guess im leaning for the 18 being newer, but do yiu guys think thats pretty good deal? this is everything, discounts plus tax and title fees on both.
    but you guys think that its a good deal?

    also i didnt have the 2k private cash offer either, honestly wished i didnt miss that one.

    $750 more for a model year newer is a no brainer in my opinion. Unless you REALLY want to pay $400 for black wheels, but personally, I think the red calipers look crappy on the orange cars.

    Just my $02.

  5. #35
    Member 91 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    City
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    592
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    91


    Quote Originally Posted by shru63 View Post
    ok guys, i have talked to couple dealers.
    i can get a 17 orange spice with storm grey recaros and ebony wheels for 21250 otd.
    however i also have another offer from another dealer for a 2018 orange spice with grey recaros nothing else for 22000 otd.
    only thing i dislike about both is that the have the front plate mount already installed.
    the dealer with the 17 is 250 miles away, dealer with the 18 is 930 miles away.
    for another 750 i guess im leaning for the 18 being newer, but do yiu guys think thats pretty good deal? this is everything, discounts plus tax and title fees on both.
    but you guys think that its a good deal?

    also i didnt have the 2k private cash offer either, honestly wished i didnt miss that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpro View Post
    I personally would probably try to get that 2018 down a little but seriously its still a great deal at$22000 OTD. I would have been paying $23800 OTD here in Calfornia without the 2k private cash. As it is I will be paying 21,800 rigt now of course we have 9.5% sales tax which is a lot of that.

    But for the extra $750 its worth getting the 2018 over the 17 unlees your not down for traveling.
    It’s true that at this point a 17 is a year old car and that their is higher depreciation because of that.
    That also may not matter as much id you plan on owning it for a long time as has beeens statd before over time the depreciation will even out between the two years. For people who only own a car for 3-4 years its a bigger deal.
    I decided to go for a 2018 for few reasons. 1. I would have had to travel 900-1000 miles to get what I wanted. 2. 18 has backup cam which is kinda cool. 3. It may be the last of these cars.
    4. I ordered exactly what I wanted and nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by rattmobbins View Post
    $750 more for a model year newer is a no brainer in my opinion. Unless you REALLY want to pay $400 for black wheels, but personally, I think the red calipers look crappy on the orange cars.

    Just my $02.
    Great points guys, if OP is going to keep a long time and happens to like the black wheels/red calipers on spice Orange then the lower cost and closer travel distance is worth taking it... Also, these cars have held their resale pretty well for a "Fiesta" in general, that's for sure, but you do get the backup camera and the satisfaction knowing you got the very last year with an '18, could help with resale down the road too... But man, I thought states with sales tax they made better deals to move cars, some up in Washington state are selling them stupid cheap, but here in Oregon we have no sales tax just a new 0.5% new car excise (and much higher properly tax AND state income tax instead. meh)... I paid $18,200 for my '17 with only black wheels/red calipers in magnetic, that was before '18's had the same rebate so that was with $3k rebate and $1250 dealer discount. Since I brought my own veteran plates over with good tags my fees were only like $150 on top of that.
    92 octane gas is really 93+ if it is e10! Tune for 93!

    '17 Magnetic, wheels/calipers - New Feb, '18. Stratified Ver. 4.0 - 91,93 STuned traction, Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air cutout.

  6. #36
    New Member
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
     
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    City
    Tucson
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    3


    1 Likes

    The discounts on the 2017s were not good enough to offset the benefit of having the backup camera. I plan on keeping the car for a long time, so I am not looking at it from a resale point of view. Otherwise, I think the cars are pretty much exactly the same.

    I've got little ones running around the house / driveway all the time, so the backup camera from the 2018 model was a huge thing for me. For those who don't care about that, I think the extra savings might be worthwhile... especially cars that have been sitting on the lot for a while.

  7. #37
    Member 91 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    City
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    592
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    91


    Can confirm, the ,18's only difference whatsoever over the '17's is the backup camera. They can be added for $100 on parts to a '17 as well, but all the big updates were done by '17.
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonFST View Post
    The discounts on the 2017s were not good enough to offset the benefit of having the backup camera. I plan on keeping the car for a long time, so I am not looking at it from a resale point of view. Otherwise, I think the cars are pretty much exactly the same.

    I've got little ones running around the house / driveway all the time, so the backup camera from the 2018 model was a huge thing for me. For those who don't care about that, I think the extra savings might be worthwhile... especially cars that have been sitting on the lot for a while.
    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    92 octane gas is really 93+ if it is e10! Tune for 93!

    '17 Magnetic, wheels/calipers - New Feb, '18. Stratified Ver. 4.0 - 91,93 STuned traction, Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air cutout.

  8. #38
    New Member mindmaster's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
     
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    City
    Bogotá D.C
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    3


    Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    Can confirm, the ,18's only difference whatsoever over the '17's is the backup camera. They can be added for $100 on parts to a '17 as well, but all the big updates were done by '17.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    How it works the Back up Camera? Like the regular ones located at the license plate? It is HD? I’m curious to see the hardware and compare with the Chinese solutions + ForScan.

  9. #39
    Member 91 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    City
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    592
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    91


    Quote Originally Posted by mindmaster View Post
    How it works the Back up Camera? Like the regular ones located at the license plate? It is HD? I’m curious to see the hardware and compare with the Chinese solutions + ForScan.
    Yes, $60 harness with whatever standard camera, not sure if it supports HD but also yes, just needs to be enabled on ForScan.

    Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
    92 octane gas is really 93+ if it is e10! Tune for 93!

    '17 Magnetic, wheels/calipers - New Feb, '18. Stratified Ver. 4.0 - 91,93 STuned traction, Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air cutout.

  10. #40
    Member 286 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    538
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    286


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    Yes, $60 harness with whatever standard camera, not sure if it supports HD but also yes, just needs to be enabled on ForScan.

    Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
    Plus the time spent doing the setup of the camera and wiring. Time is money even if you think it is not. Also the fact that if he plans to keep the car a long time down the road? When he does sell it the fact that it was a 18 and quite possibly the last of the last? Could make it a litle more desirable ans special. Seen this with other car over the years. Last year of the Datusn 510 73, Last year of thr Nissan 240sx Kouki S14 etc...for example.
    So $750 is not that much savings in the bigger picture. You would spend at least $250 of it in time effort and money putting in your own backup camera. Ya I don’t know about you but my time is worth ar least 35-55 an hour. So even if I did it fast it will still be almost $200 so you only save $500-$550 hmm year newer car last of the last $500 more even smaller difference.


 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •