Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What have you guys been paying for 2018s?

i been checking up to 1000 miles away, best deal i found is what i posted, 17 with no moonroof with nav and storm grey recaros for 22244 otd.
however i just got approved through ford for another 750 off due to military veteran.
so now im at just below 21500.00 otd, does that sound good to you guys for 17 orange spice?
I wouldn't pay that much for a "new" car that's already a year+ old. Just me.

Lookup the bluebook value for a "used" '17 with say, 50 miles on it, and see how much that sucker is gonna be worth when you drive it off the lot. Dealers that price year+ old model year cars near the same price as the current model year amaze me. I guess there's a ton of suckers out there.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
i been checking up to 1000 miles away, best deal i found is what i posted, 17 with no moonroof with nav and storm grey recaros for 22244 otd.
however i just got approved through ford for another 750 off due to military veteran.
so now im at just below 21500.00 otd, does that sound good to you guys for 17 orange spice?
Thats a great deal OTD! My price for my 18 is $300 more and its ordered, Orange Spice with the Smoke Storm Recaros and Ebony wheels no nav.
I only got it to that after I did the 2k private cash on top of the 3k and dealer discount of $439.

Just to give you an idea. I just bought my 2017 magnetic without any addons for $15,925 before all the taxes and fees. $17.8k OTD. This includes 3k rebate 2k private cash and another $1100 dealer discounts. Also got the dealer to throw in all season floor mats.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I wouldn't pay that much for a "new" car that's already a year+ old. Just me.

Lookup the bluebook value for a "used" '17 with say, 50 miles on it, and see how much that sucker is gonna be worth when you drive it off the lot. Dealers that price year+ old model year cars near the same price as the current model year amaze me. I guess there's a ton of suckers out there.
When I got my '17 in February, there was a $1000 additional rebate and lower pricing on the '17's with very little '18 stock even in yet... The difference in value will come in a few years once the miles end up close to the same as an '18, and then you'll see lower valuations... They don't have used data for '18's yet, but I don't think there will be a *huge* difference in value between the 2 with same amount of miles as of now...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Just to give you an idea. I just bought my 2017 magnetic without any addons for $15,925 before all the taxes and fees. $17.8k OTD. This includes 3k rebate 2k private cash and another $1100 dealer discounts. Also got the dealer to throw in all season floor mats.
There you go, got mine with just the wheels/calipers for $18,200 before there was the private cash offer, so that's very similar! Good deal!

I am about to pull the trigger on a 2018 Fiesta ST with just the sunroof option... $MSRP 22865 - $1200 dealer discount, $3000 Ford rebate, $2000 cash rebate, and $750 Recent grad rebate --> $15915. There is a dealer installed tint, nitro tires, and "protection package" which I've gotten down to $699. So after taxes, fees, plates & registration, $18.8k OTD.

What do you guys think?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I am about to pull the trigger on a 2018 Fiesta ST with just the sunroof option... $MSRP 22865 - $1200 dealer discount, $3000 Ford rebate, $2000 cash rebate, and $750 Recent grad rebate --> $15915. There is a dealer installed tint, nitro tires, and "protection package" which I've gotten down to $699. So after taxes, fees, plates & registration, $18.8k OTD.

What do you guys think?
Yeah, that "protection package" is the cover and stuff, right? Not some 3rd party spray on crap or anything? If so that retails for $999, so not bad... but if not, honestly you did really good overall anyway! :)

Yeah, that "protection package" is the cover and stuff, right? Not some 3rd party spray on crap or anything? If so that retails for $999, so not bad... but if not, honestly you did really good overall anyway! :)
It is the spray on interior Scotchguard and the factory floor mats LOL. I figured the tints are worth $3-400, and factory mats are about $100. I was just going to leave it at that. I can't wait to pick up the car and take it for a spin!

What do you guys think?
Something seems amiss. 18.8 - 16.6 = 2.2k for ttt and 'fees.' What are the fees?

DEss

Something seems amiss. 18.8 - 16.6 = 2.2k for ttt and 'fees.' What are the fees?

DEss
There is some BS documentation fees which I complained about, but he only knocked it down another $200. So final OTD is $18,600 inclusive of everything... probably could have gotten a few more hundred off if I played hard ball for a while, but I'd rather drive it!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
There is some BS documentation fees which I complained about, but he only knocked it down another $200. So final OTD is $18,600 inclusive of everything... probably could have gotten a few more hundred off if I played hard ball for a while, but I'd rather drive it!
$18600 OTD is great seriously! Lol

ok guys, i have talked to couple dealers.
i can get a 17 orange spice with storm grey recaros and ebony wheels for 21250 otd.
however i also have another offer from another dealer for a 2018 orange spice with grey recaros nothing else for 22000 otd.
only thing i dislike about both is that the have the front plate mount already installed.
the dealer with the 17 is 250 miles away, dealer with the 18 is 930 miles away.
for another 750 i guess im leaning for the 18 being newer, but do yiu guys think thats pretty good deal? this is everything, discounts plus tax and title fees on both.
but you guys think that its a good deal?

also i didnt have the 2k private cash offer either, honestly wished i didnt miss that one.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
i can get a 17 orange spice with storm grey recaros and ebony wheels for 21250 otd.
however i also have another offer from another dealer for a 2018 orange spice with grey recaros nothing else for 22000 otd.
only thing i dislike about both is that the have the front plate mount already installed.
for another 750 i guess im leaning for the 18 being newer, but do yiu guys think thats pretty good deal? this is everything, discounts plus tax and title fees on both.

also i didnt have the 2k private cash offer either, honestly wished i didnt miss that one.
I personally would probably try to get that 2018 down a little but seriously its still a great deal at$22000 OTD. I would have been paying $23800 OTD here in Calfornia without the 2k private cash. As it is I will be paying 21,800 right now of course we have 9.5% sales tax which is a lot of that.

But for the extra $750 its worth getting the 2018 over the 17 unlees you’re not down for traveling.
It’s true that at this point a 17 is a year old car and that their is higher depreciation because of that.
That also may not matter as much id you plan on owning it for a long time as has beeens statd before over time the depreciation will even out between the two years. For people who only own a car for 3-4 years its a bigger deal.
I decided to go for a 2018 for few reasons. 1. I would have had to travel 900-1000 miles to get what I wanted. 2. 18 has backup cam which is kinda cool. 3. It may be the last of these cars.
4. I ordered exactly what I wanted and nothing more.

$750 more for a model year newer is a no brainer in my opinion. Unless you REALLY want to pay $400 for black wheels, but personally, I think the red calipers look crappy on the orange cars.

Just my $02.

danbfree

3000 Post Club

I personally would probably try to get that 2018 down a little but seriously its still a great deal at$22000 OTD. I would have been paying $23800 OTD here in Calfornia without the 2k private cash. As it is I will be paying 21,800 rigt now of course we have 9.5% sales tax which is a lot of that.

But for the extra $750 its worth getting the 2018 over the 17 unlees your not down for traveling.
It’s true that at this point a 17 is a year old car and that their is higher depreciation because of that.
That also may not matter as much id you plan on owning it for a long time as has beeens statd before over time the depreciation will even out between the two years. For people who only own a car for 3-4 years its a bigger deal.
I decided to go for a 2018 for few reasons. 1. I would have had to travel 900-1000 miles to get what I wanted. 2. 18 has backup cam which is kinda cool. 3. It may be the last of these cars.
4. I ordered exactly what I wanted and nothing more.
$750 more for a model year newer is a no brainer in my opinion. Unless you REALLY want to pay $400 for black wheels, but personally, I think the red calipers look crappy on the orange cars.

Just my $02.
Great points guys, if OP is going to keep a long time and happens to like the black wheels/red calipers on spice Orange then the lower cost and closer travel distance is worth taking it... Also, these cars have held their resale pretty well for a "Fiesta" in general, that's for sure, but you do get the backup camera and the satisfaction knowing you got the very last year with an '18, could help with resale down the road too... But man, I thought states with sales tax they made better deals to move cars, some up in Washington state are selling them stupid cheap, but here in Oregon we have no sales tax just a new 0.5% new car excise (and much higher properly tax AND state income tax instead. meh)... I paid $18,200 for my '17 with only black wheels/red calipers in magnetic, that was before '18's had the same rebate so that was with $3k rebate and $1250 dealer discount. Since I brought my own veteran plates over with good tags my fees were only like $150 on top of that.

The discounts on the 2017s were not good enough to offset the benefit of having the backup camera. I plan on keeping the car for a long time, so I am not looking at it from a resale point of view. Otherwise, I think the cars are pretty much exactly the same.

I've got little ones running around the house / driveway all the time, so the backup camera from the 2018 model was a huge thing for me. For those who don't care about that, I think the extra savings might be worthwhile... especially cars that have been sitting on the lot for a while.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Can confirm, the ,18's only difference whatsoever over the '17's is the backup camera. They can be added for $100 on parts to a '17 as well, but all the big updates were done by '17.
The discounts on the 2017s were not good enough to offset the benefit of having the backup camera. I plan on keeping the car for a long time, so I am not looking at it from a resale point of view. Otherwise, I think the cars are pretty much exactly the same.

I've got little ones running around the house / driveway all the time, so the backup camera from the 2018 model was a huge thing for me. For those who don't care about that, I think the extra savings might be worthwhile... especially cars that have been sitting on the lot for a while.
Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Can confirm, the ,18's only difference whatsoever over the '17's is the backup camera. They can be added for $100 on parts to a '17 as well, but all the big updates were done by '17.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
How it works the Back up Camera? Like the regular ones located at the license plate? It is HD? I’m curious to see the hardware and compare with the Chinese solutions + ForScan.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
How it works the Back up Camera? Like the regular ones located at the license plate? It is HD? I’m curious to see the hardware and compare with the Chinese solutions + ForScan.
Yes, $60 harness with whatever standard camera, not sure if it supports HD but also yes, just needs to be enabled on ForScan.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yes, $60 harness with whatever standard camera, not sure if it supports HD but also yes, just needs to be enabled on ForScan.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Plus the time spent doing the setup of the camera and wiring. Time is money even if you think it is not. Also the fact that if he plans to keep the car a long time down the road? When he does sell it the fact that it was a 18 and quite possibly the last of the last? Could make it a litle more desirable ans special. Seen this with other car over the years. Last year of the Datusn 510 73, Last year of thr Nissan 240sx Kouki S14 etc...for example.
So $750 is not that much savings in the bigger picture. You would spend at least $250 of it in time effort and money putting in your own backup camera. Ya I don’t know about you but my time is worth ar least 35-55 an hour. So even if I did it fast it will still be almost $200 so you only save $500-$550 hmm year newer car last of the last $500 more even smaller difference.