Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Torsion bar support?

Hello, I have been hearing some clunking from the rear suspension. I crawled under the car today and saw this bar hanging lose. Its a bar that is in the torsion bar and has a bolt in either end holding it in place. The bolts go through the top of the torsion bar and connect to this bar. Does anyone know what this bar is actually called? I want to order a replacement bolt and skip a trip to the dealer for this. Looks like I just need a bolt and washer, I just don't know what size.

Thanks!

edit: probably not something the dealer will have as it's an aftermarket torsion bar

[mention]Piercemotorsports[/mention] could probably tell you what size bolt is needed

OP
Y
Thread Starter #4
that looks like the pierce rear torsion bar: http://www.piercemotorsport.com/2014-2018-fiesta-st-rear-torsion-bar/

the fasteners you can probably source at your local hardware store once you find out the size.
Thanks! Yes, it looks just like a Pierce without the bushings at the lower contact points. I bought this car used as you can tell and thought it was stock. I have found a front lip, rear sway bar, spoiler riser kit and now this. Very fun car.

OP
Y
Thread Starter #5
Yes, it is a Pierce Motorsports. I just pulled it off:

Now I have the exact bolt to bring to the hardware store to replace the missing one.

Hey, there's nothing like the joy of finding easter eggs. In this case this is in my opinion a great mod. It should help settle some of the rear end wiggle under hard braking at speed. It also helps keep the rear end planted when cornering. The vendors' description is perhaps a bit over inflated (no surprise there), but accurate.

While you're at it you may as well service the bushings on both sides. I think they made a revision at some point because my part came with plastic tube plugs, like these: https://www.amazon.com/10-Pack-Plastic-Tubing-Durable/dp/B01NCICBY0 . I would measure the ID of the tube ends and source the plugs along with hardware yourself since they are off the shelf components available at your local hardware store. Once youre ready to install it, grab a hammer as you'll need to wack the part back in place. The fit with new plugs is pretty tight. Then use some thread locker and feed the bolt from the top. Oh, and make sure you use two washers (on both bolt and nut side), as the torsion bar surface has some concavity. Torque it pretty tight you should be good to go.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Ya yours looks to be missing the polymer bushes/caps on the horizontals. If there was a design change then I don't think you can add the caps to a non-cap version as it's meant to be a tight fit inside the factory torsion beam. I would just reinstall it how the other side was (i.e. with or without the caps), and crank those bolts on tight.

Question, so I am looking to create my own torsion bars, would anyone be willing to send me measurements on theirs so i can see what i need to do in order to recreate a torsion bar? Preferably a rear for a 2016 Fiesta ST

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Question, so I am looking to create my own torsion bars, would anyone be willing to send me measurements on theirs so i can see what i need to do in order to recreate a torsion bar? Preferably a rear for a 2016 Fiesta ST

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Are you wanting to recreate the Torsion bar or the Torsion bar support? As to the supports on the market, they are designed the same regardless of the year of car.