Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Why no OZ Racing love in the FiST Community???

I'm running Formula HLTs, 17x7 +42. Stock tires. A word of advice, buy at least 5 wheels so you have a spare just in case. I just had to replace one of mine due to a pothole strike. There were none left in stock in the US, had to have one shipped over from Italy. It was not cheap.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thank you. 17x7 et42 with 12mm spacers to clear the StopTech BBK. 215/40-17 Falken RT615K+ and BC coillvers with Swift springs, corner balanced. This car is rad. I have no need for a wider rim.
IF they were kind enough to make these in either a 15x7 or 16x7, these would be my winter/rally working wheels when I eventually get that setup, since I trust their strength/build quality a bit more than the aesthetically similar (but less 'authentic') Sparco Terras, which ARE made in those sizes.

My other option would be the OZed/M-Sport 'disc' style rally wheels (15x7s) which Team O'Neil uses on their various Fiesta builds/customer cars, BUT sadly, they seem to ONLY be available in 5 lug PCDs, to which it seems, they convert EVERY actual rally car they build.
They will not answer my calls/e-mails asking if these are available in our 4x108 PCD, and yes, I only try calling them when there is NOT a national level rally event happening. [:(]
(I don't care HOW heavy these things are, as they are virtually indestructible! ;) )

The other OZed hoop I would have used for my summer wheels, again DESPITE THE WEIGHT, are their Superturismo LMs, but of course they refuse to even make them in a 17x8, let alone a 16x8. [mad]

OP
rattmobbins
Thread Starter #24
I'm running Formula HLTs, 17x7 +42. Stock tires. A word of advice, buy at least 5 wheels so you have a spare just in case. I just had to replace one of mine due to a pothole strike. There were none left in stock in the US, had to have one shipped over from Italy. It was not cheap.
God I am SO jealous! Those are the wheels I REALLY want, but like you said, they are completely impossible to find in the states now. So sad. [sadpanda]

Love the center lock look that hides the lugs. Killer setup man! [clap]

OP
rattmobbins
Thread Starter #25
AGAIN, those wheels just look INSANELY phenomenal on that car!! [twothumb] [driving]
Agreed 100%

I was leaning toward the Ultraleggera due to their crazy low weight, but I think the Leggenda just made my short list. They look SO good on a white car! And they don’t weight THAT much more. Still lighter than the OEM boat anchors. [biggrin]

shake

Snagged a couple quick pics during my sunday drive. It was mid day so the sun was directly overhead and the wheel look a bit darker than usual. Let me know if you want any specific angles or if you have any general questions. Like you said, there isnt much out there for these wheels so I'll help where i can.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Snagged a couple quick pics during my sunday drive. It was mid day so the sun was directly overhead and the wheel look a bit darker than usual. Let me know if you want any specific angles or if you have any general questions. Like you said, there isnt much out there for these wheels so I'll help where i can.

They always look better in person...my wheels are the same way. Only justice done is in the sun and 5ft away!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
rattmobbins
Thread Starter #29

[/URL]
Absolutely gorgeous man. Well done indeed!!!

God I am SO jealous! Those are the wheels I REALLY want, but like you said, they are completely impossible to find in the states now. So sad. [sadpanda]

Love the center lock look that hides the lugs. Killer setup man! [clap]
Thanks man. I also wanted the covered lugs, these were one of the only options for a decent rim like that. I'm happy with them overall, although if I were to do it over, I probably would have just gone with some TD 1.2s...it seems like they are easier to get a hold of replacements if something happens.

Not trying to get your hopes up, but the manufacture date on the replacement rim I just received is 5/1/2018. Maybe OZ just did another run of them.

I've been running the grey (graphite) superturismos on both my summer and winter tires for three years now. They may be a bit heavier, but they look great and, despite the giant (well, 2' deep with sharp edges) potholes here in Maine and really all the NorthEast, and having taken some hits that made me worry at what I might find right away, let alone the next morning, they've help up great.

I'll try a set of ultralights next, but I know that I'm taking a chance.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I've been running the grey (graphite) superturismos on both my summer and winter tires for three years now. They may be a bit heavier, but they look great and, despite the giant (well, 2' deep with sharp edges) potholes here in Maine and really all the NorthEast, and having taken some hits that made me worry at what I might find right away, let alone the next morning, they've help up great.

Please post pics. I’ve been thinking about those for a second set. Thx!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

What sizes (for both summer and winter setups' wheels and tires)?

Tire rack had the 16x7 Superturismos for our app on blowout for 99.00 EACH!! [crazyeye]

I WISH I would have seen that earlier than when they were down to 1 left, as of yesterday, even though they are probably not as strong (because of design/spoke size, NOT because of inferior materials/construction processes) as the Method MR 501 VT specs I got for rally worker duty (I'll be up thar July 19-21 volunteering at the New England Forest Rally in the western central part of the state, headquartered in Bethel/Newry at Sunday River, and over the border into eastern N.H.).
Also for winter use.

The only wheels in this category (rally hoops) which are stronger, but also at least a little heavier (if not A LOT heavier), are the 'disc' style, R1 spec, M-Sport OZeds, which are not currently available, and the equally impossible to get, Braid rally specs, and Speedline Corse rally spec wheels.

ALL of the above co$t from 2/3rds more, to TWICE what I paid for the Methods SHIPPED, before shipping, again IF you can even source them. :(

The bad news for me is that IF I destroy one, I am S.O.L., since I got the LAST 4 new ones in existence, and Method has NO plans whatsoever to make any more EVER, in our size app (unless they get BOMBED with requests/demands for them).
I guess I then plead with some of the NA Fiesta rally teams to sell me one of their extras.