Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Why no OZ Racing love in the FiST Community???

So I'm looking into wheels for my soon to be mine FiST, and see that OZ Racing makes quite a few different wheels that fit our cars and seem to tick all (or at least most) of the boxes. High quality, super light weight, various sizes and nice offsets, and killer looks.

And yet, I find almost ZERO pics or threads of folks that have them. What gives??? Is it because they're moderately expensive?

I'm looking into a set of 17x7 black Ultraleggera that are 15.7 lbs a piece!!! The 16x7 are 14.7! That's CRAZY light, and yet nobody talks about them, or has them. I don't get it.

I've had OZ wheels on a couple previous vehicles and really liked them. Never had a single complaint. I don't know, I guess having had a couple sets of BBS and HRE wheels on previous Bimmers, my filter for "expensive" is a little off, but still, $1,500 for an ultra lightweight wheel and tire combo seems like a killer deal to me.

koozy

3000 Post Club
lacking in size options is a significant reason. there are simply more attractive options compared to OZ's limited size options.

OP
rattmobbins
Thread Starter #4
lacking in size options is a significant reason. there are simply more attractive options compared to OZ's limited size options.
Lack of size options? 15x7, 16x7, 17x7 in the Ultraleggera, all with 42mm offset. Countless other size and offset options in some of their other wheels. I don't know, I don't buy it. I think every wheel they make is dead sexy. Oh well, guess me and Woodsie will be the only unique ones in our wheel selection!!! [biggrin]

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Those 16s? Killer looking. REALLY like it!!! [rockon]
Thank you. 17x7 et42 with 12mm spacers to clear the StopTech BBK. 215/40-17 Falken RT615K+ and BC coillvers with Swift springs, corner balanced. This car is rad. I have no need for a wider rim.

OP
rattmobbins
Thread Starter #8
The magic number for many here is 8" in width. I would be sporting Leggerras if they were readily available in 16x8.
Awwwwwwww, that makes sense. Well, it doesn't, because I think the stretched look (which is what you get with a 215 section tire on an 8 inch wide rim) is horrific and needs to be killed dead, but I now understand your comment. [grinking] The IDEAL wheel width for a 215 section tire, as stated on COUNTLESS wheel/tire forums and websites is either 7 or 7.5 inches. As evidenced by Woods247 PERFECT looking wheel and tire combo. [tongue]

Thank you. 17x7 et42 with 12mm spacers to clear the StopTech BBK. 215/40-17 Falken RT615K+ and BC coillvers with Swift springs, corner balanced. This car is rad. I have no need for a wider rim.
Dude, I may just have to copy that look. Just incredible looking. [pray]

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Yeah 215 Federals and Falkens are stretched on 8” wheels. I have no traction problems on road course with the 215 Falken RT615K+. Just make sure you buy the new “+” version. I’ve had both and the newest is awesome.

I considered custom Fifteen52 17x8 et30 after futzing around with mathematics but I’d still be limited to a 215 tire. It makes no since to go 17x8 other than esthetics or wide body, which at that point I’d go 17x9 with 245. Everyone has an opinion on this but for my application ( StopTech ST40 BBK) the 17x7 et42 OZ Leggenda with 12mm spacers and 215s is perfect. My buddy ran 17x8 Rota Grids with the same brake (no spacer) but I don’t trust Rota on track nor do I like the look of Grids. They weren’t his first choice either but the brake allows few wheel choices. I LOVE the look of Leggendas on the Fiesta too. Might sound a little nuts, but the wheels are why I selected a white FiST. Pictures don’t do them justice.

Brakes: StopTech ST40 Front and Focus SVT Rear

It’s the economy, plus they’re heavy as fuck. Pretty though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Awwwwwwww, that makes sense. Well, it doesn't, because I think the stretched look (which is what you get with a 215 section tire on an 8 inch wide rim) is horrific and needs to be killed dead, but I now understand your comment. [grinking] The IDEAL wheel width for a 215 section tire, as stated on COUNTLESS wheel/tire forums and websites is either 7 or 7.5 inches. As evidenced by Woods247 PERFECT looking wheel and tire combo. [pray]
This has been said before by a well respected member here but it bears repeating. Do not judge a tires section width by what the manufacture has stamped on the sidewall. You have to get real ife measurements as some brands run wide. Like a 215/45 16 Federal actually has a 8 inch section width. Which will work fine on a 8 inch wide wheel. I ran 225/45 Federals on 9’s with hardly any stretch. I ran Hankooks as well.

A 215 on a 8 is not really stretched . Hell 225’s are almost too much tire for an 8.

Last edited:

green_henry

1000 Post Club
For me, the issue is color. I want 16s and only black is available (yes, there are Superturismos in grey, but they're 20 lbs). If they had Ultraleggeras in silver or grey or bronze in 16, I'd be interested. I'm leaning towards Enkei J10s which are a little heavier but a lot less expensive

OP
rattmobbins
Thread Starter #13
For me, the issue is color. I want 16s and only black is available (yes, there are Superturismos in grey, but they're 20 lbs). If they had Ultraleggeras in silver or grey or bronze in 16, I'd be interested. I'm leaning towards Enkei J10s which are a little heavier but a lot less expensive
Go with 15” Ultraleggeras instead of 16s. 12 (TWELVE!!!) pounds!!!

There is - lots of members like a lightweight 16x7. Its a good starting point thats proven to perform on a stock level and above.

16x8 is even better, tho. If you have a tire size you want to run on that, and have an installer that can do it for you. Then awesome.

This is why I have close to 30k miles on my 16x7 oz ultraleggera indy 500 setup. Very happy with it. But time is running out. [raceflag]

if you want an 16x8 stretch fit and you don't care about wear rating... grab a 225/45/r16 Triple eight proxes mounted on a set of your favorite wheels. it sounds sticky at 85F+

shake

Yeah i was surprised by this as well when i was shopping. I couldn't find much here for reference on how they'd look, but eventually just said eff it and ordered them. I just picked up some bronze 17x7 ultraleggeras. They have only been on the car for a few days but i love them so far. I will try and get some shitty iphone pics for you tomorrow or something.

OP
rattmobbins
Thread Starter #20
Yeah i was surprised by this as well when i was shopping. I couldn't find much here for reference on how they'd look, but eventually just said eff it and ordered them. I just picked up some bronze 17x7 ultraleggeras. They have only been on the car for a few days but i love them so far. I will try and get some shitty iphone pics for you tomorrow or something.

Sweet thanks! What color is your car? Really love bronze and gold wheels but going with a white black and red theme so don’t know if I can work bronze wheels into that. Lol