Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Highest Stock Turbo Dyno Results?

Etyrnus

My baseline dyno, with only the drop in filter and rmm, was 183 whp/227 wtq. That said, its going to vary based on where you are, the dyno, climate, etc.

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #3
My baseline dyno, with only the drop in filter and rmm, was 183 whp/227 wtq. That said, its going to vary based on where you are, the dyno, climate, etc.
Nice numbers for stock stock, I was looking for fully bolted and tuned.... highest numbers anyone has gotten.... etc.

These guys did pretty well!

"]

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
2j racing made 212whp and 277tq, that's the highest real numbers I know if. The euro tuners use at BHP or some other figure to make their number look better, but as far as I know 2J is the highest on a stock, non modified turbo (I maybe wrong ).

ryst

Since not all Dynos are calibrated to compare to each other, you should be asking who has the biggest gains from a stock baseline run.

I'm pretty sure the 2J numbers are before they upgraded the intercooler too.

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #6
Since not all Dynos are calibrated to compare to each other, you should be asking who has the biggest gains from a stock baseline run.

I'm pretty sure the 2J numbers are before they upgraded the intercooler too.
Nice, yeah I understand dynos.

Just trying to compile some numbers and modifications to get these numbers.

Looking for trends...

Here's my stock to Stage 3 (Intake, FMIC, TBE, and tuning with the Accessport) dyno graph. +27 peak WHP and +73 peak TQ

holy shit
what'll I do with 70 more wheel tq in that car, jesus
Ummm...go faster?

Those are some awesome numbers Ian. We're you guys unable to get anymore hp out of it or would that have compromised the torque output? I bet with a catless DP, those numbers would have been closer to 210 or 215 whp and maybe a slight bump in torque too. Will you guys be experimenting with a catless system as well or not?

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I'm hoping for 210-215whp and 280wtq with all my mods and the custom tune Randy from mountune is working on for me.
Last time I dyno'd on the stage 1 tune and stock FMIC and made 195whp and 250wtq (dyno jet)

I'm hoping for 210-215whp and 280wtq with all my mods and the custom tune Randy from mountune is working on for me.
Last time I dyno'd on the stage 1 tune and stock FMIC and made 195whp and 250wtq (dyno jet)
Didn't you run the Cobb OTS maps before? I thought you were, and if you did change tunes which one do you like the best? I thought everyone was really happy with the newest 91+93 102v2 maps Cobb recently released. I don't know which one to get now.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I'm very happy with that map. I haven't downloaded the 1.03, the newest one, but from my understanding it's the same as 1.02 but with FFS and launch control. The 1.01 map was disappointing because it lost of the torque, or felt like it at least, that you received from the 1.00 map that came with the AP originally.

2j racing made 212whp and 277tq, that's the highest real numbers I know if. The euro tuners use at BHP or some other figure to make their number look better, but as far as I know 2J is the highest on a stock, non modified turbo (I maybe wrong ).

I think you're getting a little confused.

WHP is Wheel Horse Power (The HP that it makes at the road wheels)

Us Europeans generally quote HP at the flywheel which would give you the true engine power. This is done by taking a reading from the wheels and then calculating the engines power by using transmission loss calculations.
If you make 220 wheel horse power and you know that theres a 10% power loss thru the transmition then you know the engine itself makes 242.
I think the Fiesta ST looses around 13% thru the drivetrain.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Yeah, he's right ^. Europeans have the correcting thinking. I didn't find out into watching Top Gear a lot and wondering why they always gave different numbers; did a little research and found out about the whole Brake Horsepower and Wheel Horsepower, which are pretty much the same.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
The problem with back-calculating to get an engine number is the fact that drivetrains don't take a percentage, they take a fixed amount. While that is indeed a percentage, that percentage lessens as power increases. Basically, if you gained 10 hp from an intake (for example) your drivetrain would not consume 1.3 hp from it simply because it is making more power.

Another example is in changing fluids within the drivetrain. If you dyno'ed a certain number on OEM drivetrain fluids and then changed to better fluids and gained 3hp to the wheels, you didn't increase engine performance-you reduced your drivetrain loss. You didn't change a percentage that can be used in future calculation.

The only way to know engine output is to pull the engine and dyno it as a stand-alone unit. If you want to know your drivetrain loss you would then have to reinstall it and dyno again, subtracting the result from the first number. If you then installed an intake and gained 10 hp at the wheels, you can pretty much guarantee that if you pull the motor and dyno it again that you will see the same 10hp increase in the engine-alone dyno.

All things being equal, I could care less what my engine produces because I've never seen an engine win a race without the rest of the platform attached to it.

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #19
Yeah its all the same thing measured in different ways.

Plus these cars are underated by ford.

WHP is much more reliable for tuning reasons as long as you keep going to the same dyno and they use the same correction factors. Guessing BHP is silly IMO. Too many variables in an already variable environment when talking about dynos and dyno operators.