Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tire pressure check

I like checking a list of things every oil change including the tire pressures.

Of course if your tire pressure monitoring system light comes on you need to check asap.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
For every 10 degrees in temperature change the PSI changes by 1 lb. That's why there is such a issue with low tire pressure in the winter. I check mine when I clean the wheels.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

i check mine once a month/every 1500 miles or so whatever happens first. Also check my coolant and oil levels at that same time.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
i check mine once a month/every 1500 miles or so whatever happens first. Also check my coolant and oil levels at that same time.
I check my Tires every time I drive my car...I do a full walk around and check pressures. Its like nascar watching me now...my GF has gotten used to it though. If they are low I go to the local gas station who has a pump that you set the pressure and fill it beeps then you move to another tire. [rockon]

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I check my Tires every time I drive my car...I do a full walk around and check pressures. Its like nascar watching me now...my GF has gotten used to it though. If they are low I go to the local gas station who has a pump that you set the pressure and fill it beeps then you move to another tire. [rockon]
Seriously? That's dedication! How often do you need to top them off?

I like checking a list of things every oil change including the tire pressures.

Of course if your tire pressure monitoring system light comes on you need to check asap.
It's highly discouraged that you rely on the TPMS as an indicator for when to fill up your tires. Typically, the TPMS only alerts you once your pressure is down about 25%. For the rears, that's 9 psi and almost 10 psi for the fronts. Being that low is just asking for a destroyed tire.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I think they need to be topped off so often because you bleed out a little bit every time you check it. ;)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

During autocross, between every run.

Before every spirited drive.

Other than that basically never, but those two things happen often enough its almost concerning.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
If you notice changes in ride (softer/harder) or traction (more/less) over the same roads that cannot be attributed to temperature or precipitation changes, it's time.

I check them more or less depending on changes. Since the pressure doesn't really change, it's basically whenever I feel like it. Mom's old car (rarely driven) looses about five to eight pounds a week; less if it's actually driven.

If you check it in a week and nothing has changed, check it in another week. If it hasn't changed over two weeks then check it in a month. If it hasn't changed in a month then check it at oil change intervals.

felopr

During autocross, between every run.

Before every spirited drive.

Other than that basically never, but those two things happen often enough its almost concerning.
If you notice changes in ride (softer/harder) or traction (more/less) over the same roads that cannot be attributed to temperature or precipitation changes, it's time.

I check them more or less depending on changes. Since the pressure doesn't really change, it's basically whenever I feel like it. Mom's old car (rarely driven) looses about five to eight pounds a week; less if it's actually driven.

If you check it in a week and nothing has changed, check it in another week. If it hasn't changed over two weeks then check it in a month. If it hasn't changed in a month then check it at oil change intervals.
This and this basically