Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intermittent engine surge.

Hello. I have a 2016 Ford Fiesta ST with about 30,200 miles on it. I've noticed after stopping for gas. ( I use 93 octane). I'll start my car & drive a short distance to the stoplight. And while I wait on the light to change the engine will start to surge. Almost like it wants to shut off. The last time I stopped for gas it started to surge. I drove home & let it idle & The engine did shut off. I restarted & it shut off again. I drove it later on & @ stoplights there is an intermittent surge. I have an appointment at Ford on Monday. I was wondering if anyone else has this issue. Specifically after refueling ? Thanks.

KKaWing

Maybe it's the capless system? Don't top off the tank, and leave nozzle in for 5s for the system to balance out.

OP
E
Thread Starter #3
Hello. I normally just put in about $20 when I fuel. Unless I'll be traveling any distance. Then I'll fill up completely.

OP
E
Thread Starter #7
Had car at Ford today. It's the Evap valve. They had to order the part. So I'll return on the 18th.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hello. I normally just put in about $20 when I fuel. Unless I'll be traveling any distance. Then I'll fill up completely.
Fill the vehicle the way it should be....Completely full. Not doing this can cause issues with the sending unit and level/float readings later on if your trying to be frugal. Its good to exercise the pump as a whole from full to almost empty or when the low gas light comes on. The emissions system is a 8yr/80k for Ford and most manufacturers. [party]

OP
E
Thread Starter #11
I didn't get the print out from Ford yet. The mechanic came in. Said the Evap valve needs replacing. They didn't have the part. Had to order it. I have an appointment for Monday to have it installed. I'll look at paperwork to see if Ford listed the engine code.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Fill the vehicle the way it should be....Completely full. Not doing this can cause issues with the sending unit and level/float readings later on if your trying to be frugal. Its good to exercise the pump as a whole from full to almost empty or when the low gas light comes on. The emissions system is a 8yr/80k for Ford and most manufacturers. [party]
Emissions devices are warrantied for 8yr/80k by ALL manufacturers. It's a federal law. I also fill up every time. I'm on E30 so it makes it a lot easier to be consistent without doing any annoying maths.